Review Round 5, 2024 - Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Lever bounced straight back up and took the free kick, did not need to go off to be assessed, his head barely touched the ground... don't F ing tell me the AFL have suddenly decided to suspend the action and not the resultant injury or lack of injury like they have for ever and a day.

Really gives me the shites.

1 week for Charlie

No ******* idea how that's medium impact
I’ve got no issue with any player getting suspended if there is consistency - which there’s not.

Hewett and Pendlebury belt Lachie and get fines yet Redman gets suspended.

Similarly, Green gets off and another tackle gets a fine - can’t remember the player a week or two ago and now Charlie gets a week.

It’s amateur hour over at VFL House.

The Charlie Cameron ban is proudly sponsored by the umpires who couldn't give the man 1 of the 5 free kicks he earned in the previous play. Absolutely incompetent muppets.

So tribunal boffins i am assuming:

We appeal

Argue low impact - success = fine. Failure = 1 week.

That simple?

It's a bit absurd that Lever literally had both arms free, doesn't even touch his head in pain, instantly gets up to try and find a player to kick to and then plays out the game and yet that is a weeks suspension...

If that is a week given the potential to cause injury, then every player that ducks their head into a tackle (to try and get a free kick) should be getting a week suspension too.

I get the fine to try and punish the action... but if there is literally 0% damage done, a week off seems pretty harsh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting listening to tonight’s the pre- game and they said that by the AFL not prescribing the Toby Greene tackle and just ignoring it that Brisbane won’t be able to use it as a defence, in that if it’s not assessed as in Greens, then we can’t use it as precedence. They said the AFL deliberately sneakily did it this was so anything not assessed can never be used as a defence as we will be if Charlie appeals.

In other words, precedents can only be used by a defence for offences graded by the VFL. Not graded such as Greens, can’t be used. Seriously how absurd.

Another VFL special; you dead set can’t make up the BS that they make. They essentially said it’ll be bad luck for Charlie.😡

Last edited:
Yeah but who...the obvious one was Neale but Fages said he wasn't going to do that in his 250th.
Which us ‘sub neale’ people are saying was a mistake. Obv all entitled to our view, but for me a team ruthlessly chasing a flag wouldn’t have cared about subbing out a bloke in his 250th (not even a major milestone like 300 is) and have been focussed on their best player being fit for a big game the next week.

Interesting listening to tonight’s the pre- game and they said that by the AFL not prescribing the Toby Greene tackle and just ignoring it that Brisbane won’t be able to use it as a defence, in that if it’s not assessed as in Greens, then we can’t use it as precedence. They said the AFL deliberately sneakily did it this was so anything not assessed can never be used as a defence as we will be if Charlie appeals.

In other words, precedents can only be used by a defence for offences graded by the VFL. Not graded such as Greens, can’t be used. Seriously how absurd.

Another VFL special; you dead set can’t make up the BS that they make. They essentially said it’ll be bad luck for Charlie.😡

Christian just makes this shizen up as he goes.

Corrupt :thumbsdown:

Stinks of collusion with the powerbrokers at AFL house

I just don’t see how that could be the case. I think a good lawyer rips that argument to pieces.

Christian just makes this shizen up as he goes.

Corrupt :thumbsdown:

Stinks of collusion with the powerbrokers at AFL house

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

Christian: Charlie. Who are Brisbane playing next week? Looks... 1 week.

The slo-mo of Charlie’s tackle shows Lever’s free arm bracing for contact on the ground first, followed by his shoulder and then finally his head. If his head hit the deck first and he got up and still played I would see the argument for a suspension but that’s not what happened.

The slo-mo of Charlie’s tackle shows Lever’s free arm bracing for contact on the ground first, followed by his shoulder and then finally his head. If his head hit the deck first and he got up and still played I would see the argument for a suspension but that’s not what happened.
On the basis of everything else similar this year he gets a fine at worst.

Has anyone got rubbed out when the guy with the ball has got straight up with zero duress looking for options ?

Christian is to paraphrase the words of Clarko a ( leave it to your imagination ) who toes the line and still involved with the Pies.

A decent lawyer should rip this decision to shreds.

I’ve got no issue with any player getting suspended if there is consistency - which there’s not.

Hewett and Pendlebury belt Lachie and get fines yet Redman gets suspended.

Similarly, Green gets off and another tackle gets a fine - can’t remember the player a week or two ago and now Charlie gets a week.

It’s amateur hour over at VFL House.
Vlaustin got off one very similar to Charles as well

Back