Game Day Round 5, 2024 - Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol Ben Brown.

God I hate browns way of playing balls that aren’t on an uncontested lead.

Wrestles and then makes his body go limp while arms flailing

Seems to me the slow play style of footy allows us to not spend all of our tickets, which we can then use to pressure.

Getting that balance right has meant we've been able to maintain a very, very high standard defensive/pressure game for three quarters and will likely do so in the fourth. Love to see it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

episode 17 tank GIF

Seems to me the slow play style of footy allows us to not spend all of our tickets, which we can then use to pressure.

Getting that balance right has meant we've been able to maintain a very, very high standard defensive/pressure game for three quarters and will likely do so in the fourth. Love to see it!

I wouldn't want us to go this slow against most teams, but makes total sense against Melbourne. We did it really well in the first half against them in the H&A game in 2021 and then they went turbo mode in the second half.

We've rejigged our backline makeup since then to add in more natural speed and recovery pace to deal with the quick ball movement on turnover.

WHAT A QUARTER FROM RAYNER

3KZ is Football
He is a different player tonight. He needs to do it every week. Credit to Berry too. A great game. 3KZ junior summed it up when he said, “all our spuds are firing.” Starvevich great too. Lester … PHENOMENAL!

Gardiner … not a forward. Getting killed.

I wouldn't want us to go this slow against most teams, but makes total sense against Melbourne. We did it really well in the first half against them in the H&A game in 2021 and then they went turbo mode in the second half.

We've rejigged our backline makeup since then to add in more natural speed and recovery pace to deal with the quick ball movement on turnover.

I think we've got the balance of fast and slow play right. Don't need to ay fast non stop against most oppositions.

If slow play works against the best defence in the league, it'll work against almost everyone.

He is a different player tonight. He needs to do it every week. Credit to Berry too. A great game. 3KZ junior summed it up when he said, “all our spuds are firing.” Starvevich great too. Lester … PHENOMENAL!

Gardiner … not a forward. Getting killed.
Really, I’ve loved Gardiners contest work tonight aside from the turnovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back