Review Round 7, 2024 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against GWS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m fine with losing if the effort and competitiveness is there. I’m not sure I saw enough of that tonight.

Real soul searching to do for all involved at the club. Not good enough.

Time for change. Personal and structural.

We absolutely must shift Rayner back into the third tall role and drop Gardiner.

I'd also like to see Bruce Reville get a shot.

Time for Fagan to dump some players and see what the kids are like.
I really think after Kiddy went down that was our season done.

Dizzy not worked.
Hipwood and Joe cannot mark anything although our plan seems bomb it long to a pack.
I blood some kids
GWS new players a lot better then a lot of our so called stars

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Car Crash Burn GIF by WorldofTanks

Comfortably our worst performance for the season so far. Outran, outworked, zero answers.

Some of the stories were similar - a lot of inside 50s that we didn't take advantage of and a period of momentum we didn't capitalise on, but the sheer lack of run and effort (look at the bounces/tackling/stoppage/sprinting stats) was more worrying. We looked cooked.

Andrews and Lester were huge and prevented it from being an even bigger drubbing, and I thought Answerth/Dunkley/Berry at least had a crack even if they had their fair share of errors. Disappointed in Clug, Payne and most of the forwards, and even with O out of form it is hard to see Fort as a viable option if his baseline is games like tonight as a sole ruck.

I legitimately feel sorry for our defenders. Harris and co work so hard just to get screwed over up the field.

Its just so frustrating to see the exact same issues are just getting worse and worse and it all starts in the forward line. So many lazy players who just dont work hard enough and wont put in the required defensive running. Time and time again you could just see a bunch of lazy efforts of walking and jogging. Teams just know if they run hard they will kill us

Its also so annoying to see our midfield is somehow one of the smallest yet slowest midfields out there. They just get out-bodied but also out sprinted. But we somehow just dont run enough mids. We seem to have too many forwards and flankers who dont run through the middle enough

Back