Review Round 6, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Geelong

Who were your five best players against Geelong?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not much to say about a game in those conditions. Can't blame any particular player, we just got comprehensively out played in the wet. Why we were trying to make those cute little kicks and handballs most of the game, I'll never know. Even after Oscar went off we were breaking even at the contest, but we never made the ground up to take advantage of it. People have been too quick to blame the coaches and game plan for our rough start this year, but this loss is 100% on them.

In terms of positives, I thought Tunstill played well considering it was his first experience at senior level, and Zorko was great, but that's about it. It's going to be a frustrating season I fear.

Fagan is “next level” dumb sometimes. Did he notice it was raining? Why were players chipping it around like it was a dry day? Metres gained boys, as I would have said to the Under 12’s. Did he not have access to a weather report? Why go in with his patented dumb and dumber three tall forward routine. Hipwood was beyond terrible tonight - will get Mulligan. Rayner reverted to type. Starcevich is massively overrated and Payne is flat out comedy hopeless. Mulligans all round.

Seriously Fagan is an appalling game day coach because when he misreads situations he misreads them monumentally.

Mulligan 'cause it was raining?

Let's hope it never rains on GF day if we are playing :(

Did notice the cats player they were interviewing saying that they weren't told to play differently ... they just knew to change it up in the wet!

Gave votes to Joe, Berry, Lester, Answerth and Wilmot. Probably the only 5 who can hold their ups up (and Oscar)

Probably an irrational reaction on my part but I can’t have Bez in the best when he sprayed it out of bounds on at least 3 occasions. Sort of game where you can’t afford to concede possession like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably an irrational reaction on my part but I can’t have Bez in the best when he sprayed it out of bounds on at least 3 occasions. Sort of game where you can’t afford to concede possession like that.
It felt like a lot more than 3 times from Berry.

Jeremy Cameron is the dirtiest c*nt in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Geelongs coaching, plan and execution was just better. They were better with the ground ball and took their opportunities.

We didn’t take our chances. Got very little out of our smalls.

Not really anything to praise or overact about. Very meh game.

Wait, are we back on the tank wagon.
Animation Love GIF by ArmyPink

tank GIF

Mulligan 'cause it was raining?

Let's hope it never rains on GF day if we are playing :(

Did notice the cats player they were interviewing saying that they weren't told to play differently ... they just knew to change it up in the wet!

If it ever rains that hard for that long in Melbourne the GF will be cancelled because they won’t know what to do

Fair headscratcher to be honest. Once again we completely went to water once Oscar went off. Seemed to completely throw everybody off and we seemed to have no idea how to play in the wet. Im not sure if its a mental issue from the players or bad game day coaching. But the pattern has been the exact same all year.

A few guys like Zorko, Berry, Answerth tried hard. Daniher tried hard in a tough role on his own. And credit to Dunkley in also stepping up in the ruck against much bigger bodies.

Lot of others should be really disappointed in not knowing how to play in the wet. Over using the ball by hand, constantly flying for stupid marks. And a lot of bad kicking again.

I think that should be the last we see of Lyons anytime soon. Had half a game time in perfect conditions and was no where near it. Should be on the never again list

Back