Review Round 4, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. North Melbourne

Who were your five best players against North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

My point is less about Gardiner and more about the role and team balance. I don't see Rayner as capable of being a midfielder and therefore look at him as the 3rd tall option. This role is currently being filled by Gardiner. It just feels like our team balance is out.
If we have someone who can perform that role more effectively than Cam (I am not saying Gardiner is right now) then selecting Cam to play that role because he doesn’t have the tank to be a mid makes no sense.

I have mates in these. A David Walsh offshoot. I'ma leave it alone I think. They are always getting banned and having to find loopholes to get back in. Too much drama I think!
I’ve got a mate with 400+ accounts. All under different names, bank accounts, etc.

Only ever has 2 or 3 active at a time, the rest just look like recreational accounts. When a main account gets banned, he just “activates” one of the recreational accounts.

Employees two people to run all his accounts, place bets, etc. bit of a sophisticated operation.

I’ve got a mate with 400+ accounts. All under different names, bank accounts, etc.

Only ever has 2 or 3 active at a time, the rest just look like recreational accounts. When a main account gets banned, he just “activates” one of the recreational accounts.

Employees two people to run all his accounts, place bets, etc. bit of a sophisticated operation.

its a no from me dawg GIF

Don't you need points of ID to, at the very least, be ever able to withdraw money from betting sites?

Don't you need points of ID to, at the very least, be ever able to withdraw money from betting sites?
Can't open an account without I/D verified ,plus they monitor the computers/phone numbers from where the bets are coming and bank accounts where the winnings go.

They're not bookmakers, they're accountants. Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing gets cut.

That's been my experience fwiiw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a black market for people to sell their ID. That’s part of the job of his employees.

I ain't never messing with you Briztoon. Involved in the black market and shady figures. I value my life.

Really makes it hard for me to understand why the Betfair model is not more prevalent.
Marketing spend of the corporates is geared towards small recreational punters who happily lose a small amount overall.

Tapping into a large market who want to bet on footy or other sports and aren't trying to win a lot of money and wouldn't know Betfair exists. Plus easier to understand and operate.

I ain't never messing with you Briztoon. Involved in the black market and shady figures. I value my life.
Man, I’m the meekest person walking around. But my sister used to play professional poker for a living, and run some pretty big home games. She met a tone of shady characters, some we’re still friends with.

But a lot of them are ex business people or academics who are playing the system. A few accountants amongst them martinson.

Man, I’m the meekest person walking around. But my sister used to play professional poker for a living, and run some pretty big home games. She met a tone of shady characters, some we’re still friends with.

But a lot of them are ex business people or academics who are playing the system. A few accountants amongst them martinson.
I would never have placed you as having a walk on the wild side Britzoon.

It's funny ,back in the day you met every politician , business hotshots , QC's whatever on the racecourse. Amongst other unmentionables.

I saw Mokbel chatting to Bob Hawke at Flemington one day. The country's leaders used to walk around with a form guide in hand chatting to anyone ,no minders , no security.

A lot's changed.

I would never have placed you as having a walk on the wild side Britzoon.
lol my "wild" side was pretty tame and 30 years ago.
It's funny ,back in the day you met every politician , business hotshots , QC's whatever on the racecourse. Amongst other unmentionables.

I saw Mokbel chatting to Bob Hawke at Flemington one day. The country's leaders used to walk around with a form guide in hand chatting to anyone ,no minders , no security.

A lot's changed.

lol my "wild" side was pretty tame and 30 years ago.
There's still time to break out.

Poker's an interesting one. You have to be able to look your opponent in the eye (or not ).

Everything's online now.

Basically destroyed a lot of the fun and the people you'd meet. I feel sad for the generations that don't experience this and are glued to their computers.

Thought our wings were very impressive. Both Berry & Fletcher ran hard all night.
Was very impressed with Jerry last night, same as last week. Think he’s turned a corner in recent weeks and perhaps it’s the defined role and this should be his consistent level because he’s clearly talented enough.

Thought our wings were very impressive. Both Berry & Fletcher ran hard all night.

Yep. I for one get sick of the winger bashing that occurs on here at times. Think they do a hell of a lot of un-rewarded running (in all games, not just last night), that simply goes unseen. I got a new appreciation for Mitch Robinson when he and McCluggage were flying a few years ago, and our current wingers are trying to play the same way, in what can be an unheralded role.

Considering too that uncontested Ed has killed us before, and Billings had started the season pretty well, think our guys well and truly took the points last night.

Back