Review Round 4, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. North Melbourne

Who were your five best players against North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I can see that Dizz would do useful things in the forward line but he's a bit of a liability in other ways.

Besides which he seems a lot happier making an opposition player's life a misery and defending from anything I've seen.

However it seems he will play forward because it hasn't blown us up in any game and there's just not a spot in defence right now.

And I think the coaches want him out there.

I’d prefer to just go smaller forward. We have Cameron, Linc, Bailey, Kai and Cam. That’s pretty potent.

I actually think Gardiner is ok when he gets up the ground and marks on a lead but the stuff he does inside 50 is just too unpredictable for our forwards.

Do you think we can get the ascendancy in clearances or work out a way to move the ball quickly? Or are we going back to dribble kicks inside 50?

Do you think we can get the ascendancy in clearances or work out a way to move the ball quickly? Or are we going back to dribble kicks inside 50?

Against Melbourne I would say going lower entries is more beneficial. But even if you play Gardiner, what is the real difference in ability to mark anyway.

Against Melbourne I would say going lower entries is more beneficial. But even if you play Gardiner, what is the real difference in ability to mark anyway.

I think in a 2 on 2 marking contest; Joe and dizzy vs Lever and May we’ll be a much better chance to at least break even then if it was Joe and Kai

I think in a 2 on 2 marking contest; Joe and dizzy vs Lever and May we’ll be a much better chance to at least break even then if it was Joe and Kai

Who are cam and Eric playing on

Can't see there being any changes to the side for Thursday night.

The only chance of a change IMO would be if we want to get a bit more run in the side as the Demons are a very hard running side... in which case one of James Tunstill/Dev Robertson/Harry Sharp may come in for Gardiner.

Not worried about Lever and May if we lower our eyes and bring it in low.

Lever's been coughing it up fairly regularly this year and isn't much good once the ball hits the deck.

May on the other hand has been fairly reliable in any one on one's and doesn't lose out too often if the ball comes in high.

May and Lever both look awful once the ball hits the ground
Exactly. So bring it in low ,bouncy is fine. If we have to bring it in higher the focus is to spoil strongly at all cost and make sure someone scouts the front of the contest.

It's unavoidable sometimes to bring in rushed ,higher kicks if you're under pressure but at least try and make it a contest.

May is really great at judging the flight and leading his opponent under the ball.

Could end up nice and firery if Darcy gets inside May's head. Worth the admission just to see that.
Wouldn't take much. May likes to look angry as if some great injustice has been done to him before the ball's even got there.

He and Lever are both huge sooks if anything gets paid against them. I suppose they're not on their own there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't take much. May likes to look angry as if some great injustice has been done to him before the ball's even got there.

He and Lever are both huge sooks if anything gets paid against them. I suppose they're not on their own there.
I still have a great dislike for May. His late shot, knocking Stef out, and he knocked someone else out too, turned me right off him. Who was that other player knocked out? Was it Rockliffe?

Starting at the suns will do that to you.

Could end up nice and firery if Darcy gets inside May's head. Worth the admission just to see that.

If memory serves correctly, didn't Dizzy get into the head of a player in his first year to the point said player talked s**t about him in the media?

If only I could remember who it was...

Pretty sure we will be trying to get Darcy Gardiner to stymie Steven May's intercept game this Thursday night at the G, will also help matters if our players refrain from bombing it long into the F50 unless it's absolutely necessary.

He’ll go to Lever.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone have enough local knowledge to recommend a good old pub to watch a game of footy, have a pint or a medical Scotch, and a good chicken parmigiana, in the Yallambie area of Melbourne. Or if there's a pub worth travelling to, I'm interested. Old bloke friendly, comfy chair, good screen, cold beer, good food. Maybe a bit of music, if I get a second wind.

I'm going down for a cpl of weeks in May, visit family etc. Any suggestions will be appreciated and researched.

Anyone have enough local knowledge to recommend a good old pub to watch a game of footy, have a pint or a medical Scotch, and a good chicken parmigiana, in the Yallambie area of Melbourne. Or if there's a pub worth travelling to, I'm interested. Old bloke friendly, comfy chair, good screen, cold beer, good food. Maybe a bit of music, if I get a second wind.

I'm going down for a cpl of weeks in May, visit family etc. Any suggestions will be appreciated and researched.

The Manningham in Templestowe used to be the Lions pub a few years back - not sure if there is still a turn out there or not (might be a little difficult to get into as well, thanks to the ongoing roadworks).

Doncaster and Templestowe Pubs aren't bad (although the latter's food can be a little hit and miss).

Lower Plenty Hotel is always popular, but viewing the screens isn't as good inside (and outside can be a bit cold obviously!).

Back