Review Round 4, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. North Melbourne

Who were your five best players against North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy enough with the game, more than happy with the win, let’s see what happens next week though.

This might be the first time I’ve ever heard Joe speak.

Happy with that, more of a 3.5 quarter effort and our entries into forward 50 were more dangerous and our forward line was working together better. Hopefully that gets the team moving.

I couldn't watch the game because I was at work. AFL app says that Bailey was off due to an injury. Nothing serious I hope?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

most pleasing thing for me is guys coming into the side and giving maximum effort

lohmann, answerth and gardiner all with sketchy job security in the side but busted their gut this evening, if we can get the non-negotiables from everyone it will go a long way to righting out season

most pleasing thing for me is guys coming into the side and giving maximum effort

lohmann, answerth and gardiner all with sketchy job security in the side but busted their gut this evening, if we can get the non-negotiables from everyone it will go a long way to righting out season
I also thought Tunstill was looking to do team things when he got near it which was a good sign.

Bailey injury might be a concern …. Ankle…. Seemed high live… I looked at the replays but then wasn’t convinced if it was bad enough.
Had the tv on mute when Neale came off so no idea there but I did see the icing so I’m concerned

Few out of form players such as Hipwood & Payne clawed a bit of touch back which is nice. Dunkley was an animal around stoppages so hopefully his slow start to the year is behind him as well. Answerth and Wilmot played well off half back as did Zorks.

Very pleasing to see Lohmann get into good spots, find plenty of footy and kick a couple. And Joe Daniher with one of his standard forward/ruck 20 disposal, 5 goal games :)

We looked fantastic except the quality of our inside 50 entries should have been 10x better in large patches of the game. A decent side though would have kicked 7 goals in that 10 minute period in the 3rd quarter where we switched off. I'm happy with the effort and that 1st half specifically, that effort, intensity and ruthlessness should be the standard we hold ourselves to. It's also fantastic to see players finding their confidence again.

Last edited:
Back