Review Round 4, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. North Melbourne

Who were your five best players against North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm really happy with the effort and result.

Next week is a different proposition.

The positives are that Hipwood and Payne showed that they can do what we'd like them to do. And....well I don't think there was too much pressure from the opposition around the ground especially early but I'll take a 10 goal win against anyone.

One thing we haven't been too hot at is building our percentage against ordinary teams so we did that.

Quick stats check- Zorko 497m gained, Wilmot 433 (and 9 intercepts), that is great.

Charlie had 4 tackles and 17 pressure acts, even if he's a bit off the mark with the flashy stuff he is putting in the work.

McCluggage 10 inside 50s and I don't think Bailey was too bad playing mostly midfield - 400+ metres gained and 7 inside 50s.

Dunkley 8 tackles, very good.

It's almost paradoxical that whilst Joe doesn't look like a ruckman's bootlace, he invariably has his best games when he plays that second ruck role
When Joe was up the ground and Hipwood deeper the way we were able to move the ball then showed that that might work.

Acceptable. Next Thursday? Huge challenge. Not sure we've got the balls to meet that. Think we'll be 1 and 5... but we might still be good enough to make the finals

I thought I was exaggerating but a quick venture over to the North boards and it seems that a few of them agree with me.

Having a laugh with your direct opponent not even 10 seconds after a 70 point loss is never a great look.
Such a Kane Cornes thing to whine about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bailey injury might be a concern …. Ankle…. Seemed high live… I looked at the replays but then wasn’t convinced if it was bad enough.
Had the tv on mute when Neale came off so no idea there but I did see the icing so I’m concerned
Neale was totally precautionary. No extra injury just no need to risk him at that point

To be honest I wouldn't mind Bailey coming out for a game and giving Tunstill a run after that - Zac still doesn't like double efforts... might be a blessing in diguise.
I really see something in Tunstill . It might take another year but he's improved a lot since he got here and is going to get better.

We produced a four-quarter effort which was needed against a bottom side.
Cracked the 100+ mark for the first-time this year the previous best 85,70,72.
Lockie looks like he will be okay for next week just hope Bailey comes through.
Zorko with another good game off HB. The modern HB position is made for his style of game.
He should stay there when McKenna returns.
Jo gets the 3 Brownlow votes from me.
Lohmann his best AFL game and stays in next week.
Overall, a solid team effort but next week with a short break will be a big test.
Playing top side Melbourne at the G will give us an idea where we are at.

Pickett may appeal but won't mind him missing against us.
"Melbourne’s Kysaiah Pickett has copped his third ban in 27 games, this time offered a one-match suspension by the Match Review Officer."

most pleasing thing for me is guys coming into the side and giving maximum effort

lohmann, answerth and gardiner all with sketchy job security in the side but busted their gut this evening, if we can get the non-negotiables from everyone it will go a long way to righting out season
Answerth kicks hit most of their targets to. Actually most if the guys were hitting their targets today.

Answerth's kicking has improved immeasurably. On evidence so far this season he has moved into a "reliable kick" status.
I'm not convinced but it would be great if it were so.

I think he's been schooled and knows he's not much of a kick so hasn't been doing anything silly.

Of course they all cough it up at times don't they.

Back