Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 7 - Cats v Blues Sat April 27th 4:35pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 31 33.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 40 42.6%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst I wouldn’t have Carlton ranked first (would have us around 3rd-5th) I don’t see how that is a massive issue. Are Sydney any less of a contender because they lost to Richmond? Are Adelaide any more of a contender because they beat Carlton? The rankings are just a projection. Geelong will lose games to lesser sides this year but it won’t change much come finals time.

Personally I would have GWS first. They lost to us and looked shakey against St Kilda. This time 2 years ago Melbourne were everyone’s pick and Geelong were 7th on the ladder.
I would still only go as far as saying Geelong are one of about 7 sides that could win it. Every win banked at least makes top 4 more likely, which is an essential requirement. Sydney, GWS, Carlton and Geelong are probably in the first group (in that order) for now - but not much separates them. Collingwood, Melbourne and Port I'd consider slightly more on the "smokey" scale.

If Geelong or Carlton get top 2 and don't play each other in week 1 they could become favourites. But it's still very possible for any of those sides to miss top 4.

The top 8 is almost always set at this time of year outside of maybe one team. The rest of the season will be shuffling within those 8 sides.

The top 8 is almost always set at this time of year outside of maybe one team. The rest of the season will be shuffling within those 8 sides.
When was the last time both the Premier and runner up both missed Finals.
Cause if we go on current top 8, both Pies (9th) and Lions (13th) are out.

When was the last time both the Premier and runner up both missed Finals.
Cause if we go on current top 8, both Pies (9th) and Lions (13th) are out.
Pies will make it imo and I'm not counting out Lions just yet - only have to look at how Carlton/GWS finished their seasons last year after being bottom four mid season

Pies will make it imo and I'm not counting out Lions just yet - only have to look at how Carlton/GWS finished their seasons last year after being bottom four mid season
I honestly could see both sneaking in to lower seeds.
Lions will find their mojo against Suns at Home next weekend and Pies have a big run of games at the G for the rest of the season.

hmmm not sure about that, i respect opinion, but he really looked to make contact of his own, i think he knew he was out of the contest and only way out.
Um, what?!?
He changed direction when he realised where the kick was going and tried to go around Henry(?) to get to the contest.
Henry(?) pits his arm out and hooks Zac.
It was too far off the ball to be a legal block and also potentially high. Zac might have put a little mayo on it, but 100% a free.

Disclaimer: not saying it lost us the game, just discussing the specific incident (might have to start putting this at the end of all my posts).

If even you have GWS first I’m not sure why a nuff like Kingy having Geelong from 2-4 would wind you up. But I wouldn’t take notice in his comments on Geelong as much as you so fair enough I guess.
It’s the hypocrisy. They say that this team is great and that team is great but then talk down Geelong based on who they’ve played or what little injuries they have…ignoring that why they have an easier schedule is because they got fuuuuuccckked with injuries last season.

People like King, people like Cornes, people like Wilson who clearly have an agenda against the Cats and can’t put their own biases aside to report on the facts

They then broadcast it to wider AFL community who listen to and repeat ad nauseam on forums, threads, posts etc,

As I said earlier, I’m happy to fly under the radar and prove doubters wrong. That’s what made 2022 soo sweet. They all had to suck a lemon and admit they were wrong.

It’s the hypocrisy. They say that this team is great and that team is great but then talk down Geelong based on who they’ve played or what little injuries they have…ignoring that why they have an easier schedule is because they got fuuuuuccckked with injuries last season.

People like King, people like Cornes, people like Wilson who clearly have an agenda against the Cats and can’t put their own biases aside to report on the facts

They then broadcast it to wider AFL community who listen to and repeat ad nauseam on forums, threads, posts etc,

As I said earlier, I’m happy to fly under the radar and prove doubters wrong. That’s what made 2022 soo sweet. They all had to suck a lemon and admit they were wrong.

I think Caro has been very precise in her commentary regarding Geelong.

If Marchbank is ordinary what does that make Lewis Young.

I’m pretty sure I sat closer to Cameron today and I watched it on TV.
He'd keep you awake at night if the coach tapped you on the shoulder mid week that he's yours.
Runs like a wingman, strong mark in the contest and on the lead, kicks the goals of a key forward and can do mercurial things.

Spent a lot of time at CHB today making the defence more sturdy in open play, and still kicked 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Caro has been very precise in her commentary regarding Geelong.

200.gif

He'd keep you awake at night if the coach tapped you on the shoulder mid week that he's yours.
Runs like a wingman, strong mark in the contest and on the lead, kicks the goals of a key forward and can do mercurial things.

Spent a lot of time at CHB today making the defence more sturdy in open play, and still kicked 5.

Yeah true but Youngy will have nightmares playing on Reef McIness next week.

Yeah true but Youngy will have nightmares playing on Reef McIness next week.
That there are so many defenders out and he's better than all of those on North's list. Not sure what club that says more about depth wise tbh.

That there are so many defenders out and he's better than all of those on North's list. Not sure what club that says more about depth wise tbh.
Feel for North but I think they went the wrong way with their rebuild. Focused so much on mids and got left behind with key position players who take far longer to develop.

Wrong - Cunningham and Fogarty are huge for our defensive forward needs - stop the ball walking out of our F50 as Geelong did tonight.

Marchbank when not injured, is our best intercepting tall back. He lets Weitering & Gov off the chain.

Fantasia is all class & will only get better.
Lol. Some fine exaggerating here.

Feel for North but I think they went the wrong way with their rebuild. Focused so much on mids and got left behind with key position players who take far longer to develop.
Absolutely they did. Their only good spine player is Larkey and he was there before they started to drop.
The rest is either garbage or too old for where they are atm

Back