Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 7 - North v Crows Sat April 27th 1:45pm AEST (Blundstone)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

As I'm sure you would know you just become numb to it. Just counting down till it's over and I can get on with my weekend at this point haha
After the last 2 years I get it.

We tend to get Sunday games too so it was a whole weekend wait, hoping we'd show something then rubbish.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure either of North's captains should be playing seniors (am sure McDonald shouldn't be).

Surely this off season North bring in strong bodied, physical players, not squibs like Stephens and Fisher and previously Stephenson.

Genuinely concerned we will go through the season winless. First time since 1950 a team has managed that?

I know that its onl;y round 7, and its pretty much impossible to go winless, as at some point some team has an off day. Every team in their darkest period has managed to win. Expansion teams managed to win. Fitzroy managed to win when they couldn't pay their players.

But I just don't think there is a team in the AFL in 2024 that is capable of having an off enough day to lose to North. We are getting belted by our neighbors on the ladder. They are playing worse every week.

Feels like North lack so much confidence, they need to find one more kick before going i50 instead of launching it to 45m out where the Crows have defenders zoning off

This kick down the line to a 70kg first year player in Duursma is not it either, why not Zurhaar, Xerri or Larkey?

Lots of queries around this game plan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels like North lack so much confidence, they need to find one more kick before going i50 instead of launching it to 45m out where the Crows have defenders zoning off
Basically since the Brisbane game the occasional few minutes of run have disappeared and there is nothing. While getting smashed in that one was even more expected than in most games, it seems to have taken the last little positive note out of the group (even more than the fans, who lost the last little bit of hope for the far future last week).

No supporter base deserve this

Nah. A lot of them have loved every minute of being s**t and being gifted shiny new toys year on year.

Never seen a set of supporters so happy to lose an A grade 25 year old full back and have him replaced with a VFL plodder and a Richmond reject. You reap what you sow.

What role is Cam Zurhaar suited for?

Seems like he has the tools to play a similar role to De Goey or Martin, but instead he seems to be this kind of not quite a key forward, not quite a small forward, not quite a running half forward.

Is it just a case that if he was in a good side he’d shine?
Its certainly one of his problems. He has to play three part-roles, when he's probably not quite suited to one. He has to play second forward, straight running pack crusher, and essentially running wing/half-forward.

I wonder what Clarko will blame in his presser for another bad North loss, he was blaming their tough fixture earlier in the season.

He can't use that excuse now though with games against Hawthorn and the Crows who are bottom 4 on the ladder like North.

Genuinely concerned we will go through the season winless. First time since 1950 a team has managed that?

I know that its onl;y round 7, and its pretty much impossible to go winless, as at some point some team has an off day. Every team in their darkest period has managed to win. Expansion teams managed to win. Fitzroy managed to win when they couldn't pay their players.

But I just don't think there is a team in the AFL in 2024 that is capable of having an off enough day to lose to North. We are getting belted by our neighbors on the ladder. They are playing worse every week.
RFC, come on down, I reckon there's a chance there.

I wonder what Clarko will blame in his presser for another bad North loss, he was blaming their tough fixture earlier in the season.

He can't use that excuse now though with games against Hawthorn and the Crows who are bottom 4 on the ladder like North.

Well in his defense, they probably had to play all teams who finished above them on the ladder.

Back