Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 7 - North v Crows Sat April 27th 1:45pm AEST (Blundstone)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Even when we were getting smashed in the first 3 rounds, WCE were still doing well at the contest and even I50s. Now that it's clicked, we had a strong showing vs Sydney and now 2 wins, 1 against a finals fancy, where we made both teams look 2nd rate.

Simpson has said the focus has been simply on winning the contest and locking the ball inside 50 and has stated they'd worry about more complicated ball movement strategies later on once those first things become second nature.

Is Clarkson doing the reverse, by worrying too much about ball movement, with the hoo-hah about 'Northball' instead of doing the simple things properly first?

Even having big scores kicked against you can be less of a mental downer if you're at least seeing wins and growth in other areas.

North are showing nothing anywhere.

Disappointing. I thought this would be closer after the beating last week.

North look talentless, play as individuals and some seem weak. None are of course weak. Every person running on to an AFL ground ain’t a squib.

Of course they are not talentless but it is like a talent tax is imposed when draftees walk through the doors at Arden St.

Some players have just regressed. Will Phillips looked a terrific junior and is now unrecognisable. Jye Simpkin has really gone backwards. Maybe the Webster hit broke the bottle. Dyl Stephens was a decent B grader at my mob and looks terrible at the moment.

Honestly I reckon they are worse than last year.

Where to? I don’t believe they will go winless but I expect some folk do.

Genuinely concerned we will go through the season winless. First time since 1950 a team has managed that?

I know that its onl;y round 7, and its pretty much impossible to go winless, as at some point some team has an off day. Every team in their darkest period has managed to win. Expansion teams managed to win. Fitzroy managed to win when they couldn't pay their players.

But I just don't think there is a team in the AFL in 2024 that is capable of having an off enough day to lose to North. We are getting belted by our neighbors on the ladder. They are playing worse every week.
Fitzroy in 1964 was last winless season.

I think he is just playing the very, very, very long game.
Indeed, the long game, a Chinese now a North specialty. When Deng Ziiao Ping was asked in 1978 his opinion of the French Revolution, he said it was still too early to tell.

Perhaps that story is apocraphyl, let's hope North don't have to wait 178 + years for an opinion on this current era.

I feel for the young players...they don't deserve this.. they no doubt worked so hard to reach AFL level and end up playing here.

They deserve so much better.

I wonder what Clarko will blame in his presser for another bad North loss, he was blaming their tough fixture earlier in the season.

He can't use that excuse now though with games against Hawthorn and the Crows who are bottom 4 on the ladder like North.

Umpires? :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bet I would.
Have no problem calling him out for the grub he is
I would not let my young adult children anywhere near such a scum bag. I'd prefer they chose another sport.

Feels like North lack so much confidence, they need to find one more kick before going i50 instead of launching it to 45m out where the Crows have defenders zoning off

This kick down the line to a 70kg first year player in Duursma is not it either, why not Zurhaar, Xerri or Larkey?

Lots of queries around this game plan

The worst part is the small forwards constantly drag their opponents into the leading channels of Larkey and Zurhaar. Why on earth is this not being fixed? It causes huge congestion for every single forward entry, instead of giving the key forwards space and potentially short options wide. Nothing to do with youth, just sh*t coaching and lack of awareness.

Feel sorry for Duursma having to suit up with this rabble. He looks a real talent likely ruined.

Will probably move to the Dons.

Smilie must be dreading hearing his name called out. Would be surprised if many kids aspire to go to nmfc, aside from some father sons.

I reckon to get an established champion to move there would cost $2.0m pa. The only players going there atm are fringe C and B graders.

Where to? I don’t believe they will go winless but I expect some folk do.
Reckon the AFL need to step in and control the club like they did with Melbourne. And they should have received a first round priority pick by now so I wouldn't object to one.

Back