Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 6 - Crows v Bombers Fri April 19th 7:40pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 27 43.5%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Bombers by a lot

• Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe like 20:3? I dunno. Ive never tried to claim Tex shouldn't have been pinged. What's your point? Of course I'm going to spend more time in the aftermath of the game talking about the Draper one.
Why? If the tex one is called the draper is a non event. Surely the tex one is a bigger * up.

Unbeatable is a stretch
Saints have got a worse forward line than Freo

Both of our forward lines are struggling to kick 10 goals, they are as bad as each other.

I'm looking forward to our game against Freo in about a month's time at Marvel with both teams parking the bus and trying to kick a winner.

Essendon deserved to win. I gave them no chance tonight and they shocked me, they are sustaining effort and defensive discipline across multiple games now instead of just getting fired up once every few weeks.

Caldwell is flying under the radar, has earned and deserves his rotations through the middie and was BOG tonight and close to it last week.

Is Draper's confidence affected by Goldstein being in the side? Or is he just an average ruck who has a mullet and is a cult hero so is somewhat overrated?

But remember what happened after beating Adelaide last year, your season fell apart very quickly. You haven't won a final since 2004, you have been through some tough times I know that.
Won't happen this year, we play West Coast twice, North and Richmond in our next 8 games.

If it goes off the train tracks this year its Round 16-18 with Cats, Pies and Demons

I wonder if Hodgey thought the same when he got one of the worst HTB calls against Tom Jonas with a minute to go in the epic 2014 Prelim v Port Adelaide, or a fairly poor non-HTB call on Lake dragging the ball in Draper-like for the last few seconds of the same game.
Tee hee it still burns 🔥 😳

We were outplayed, poor kicking kept us in it and of course you won't get the calls late in the game especially if you are the underdog non VIC side.

Josh Rachelle was dreadful. He made some very poor decisions then he tried to win it but missed a rushed attempt at goal.

Essendon = celebrating like you have won a premiership because of a missed call aint going to get you anywhere. Calm the heck down, there is still a long season ahead for you.

But remember what happened after beating Adelaide last year, your season fell apart very quickly. You haven't won a final since 2004, you have been through some tough times I know that.

Now prove yourselves wrong and start playing like this every week. Talent wise you are good enough. It showed tonight.

Even if Adelaide stole the game it still would have been difficult to make the finals, it is a long way back from 0-4 and home ground advantage means NOTHING. Teams are going to come over here and play inspired footy.

After North we play:
Port
Brisbane
Collingwood

It's almost impossible, even if we won tonight.
Can you quote your post from last week where you upset with the Crows players celebrating the win?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate this narrative of “you’d be brave to call that in the last minute”. Not if it’s a clear violation of the rules. I understand letting marginal things slide but that was clear as day and has directly impacted the result
I agree that was a free against Draper. But there were other frees against Adelaide also not paid in those final minutes.

Just prior to Draper jumping on it, Tex tried to break through tackles and looked like he didn’t dispose of the ball properly. A free should have been paid to Essendon and that would have been game over.

2 free kicks not paid.

I'm clearly in the minority, but the ball actually came out and was dragged back in by an Adelaide player; plus Tex basically jumped on his back to make it push in the back.

But if the rule is to be interpreted so as not to include accidents (as opposed to "dive", which I read as intentional), then the ump needs to make the decision.

It was an odd night for HTB all up. Amidst a baffling season of umpiring, and administration, all around.

Won't happen this year, we play West Coast twice, North and Richmond in our next 8 games.

If it goes off the train tracks this year its Round 16-18 with Cats, Pies and Demons
Would you be happy with another elimination final loss? As making the 8 off double up games against bottom clubs isn’t really preparing for finals.

Back