Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 6 - Crows v Bombers Fri April 19th 7:40pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 27 43.5%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Bombers by a lot

• Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Both of our forward lines are struggling to kick 10 goals, they are as bad as each other.

I'm looking forward to our game against Freo in about a month's time at Marvel with both teams parking the bus and trying to kick a winner.
Rossball vs Rossball

What could possibly go wrong šŸ˜‘

Would you be happy with another elimination final loss? As making the 8 off double up games against bottom clubs isnā€™t really preparing for finals.

Not really but rather be in their with a chance (think north was the only elim that was even close lol) then 9-12th... still a treadmill team either way.

You're also acting like we have doubles against west coast, north, hawks.....

Doubles are Pies, Swans, Suns, Saints, Crows, Eagles.

The only gimme double we have this year is eagles, 5 of the 6 doubles were expected to make finals easily or at least compete for a spot. not our fault saints and crows have s**t the bed so far this year.... going by bookies we should be 1-5 instead of 4-2....

Known joker takes the piss while known s**t bloke Tex was mouthing off to the umpire. Good times.

There is one true timeline here, the one where Essendon has the 4 points.
Crows fans very quiet about what Tex did 30 seconds earlier as well, ducked and pretended to get hit high. Genuine cheating.

CFL just lurching from one incompetence/ corruption (Charlie Cameron let off) to the next ( Draper non HTB call). Nothing new really.

So youā€™re making a new rule now?
Hardly making a new rule, that type of htb has been grey since the dawn of time becsuse prior opportunity can be measured as anything.
Lying on the ball is htb full stop and the AFL concurs but what would I know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt. Our season was effectively over at 0-3 but if we had managed 2-4 we could pretend a little longer. 1-5 is the nail in the coffin. I'm not entirely delusional. Let's hope Nicks is sacked soon.
Heā€™ll win some meaningless games at the back end of the season which will see him get an extension.

I'm clearly in the minority, but the ball actually came out and was dragged back in by an Adelaide player; plus Tex basically jumped on his back to make it push in the back.

But if the rule is to be interpreted so as not to include accidents (as opposed to "dive", which I read as intentional), then the ump needs to make the decision.

It was an odd night for HTB all up. Amidst a baffling season of umpiring, and administration, all around.

Draper intentionally went to ground to get the ball, once you do that itā€™s your obligation to get the ball out. Thatā€™s how itā€™s been umpired for nearly a decade.

Again, we didnā€™t deserve to win, but itā€™s a constant theme that umpires adjudicate the game completely differently when it gets close.

Would could or should????
Could have been holding the ball.
Could have been push in the back. No doubt Ted landed on his back.
Tex could have been done for prior moments earlier when he ducked.

In the back is when you push/tackle/bump someone in the back with some force.

If a guy voluntary lays face down on the ground so that any player attempting a tackle has no choice but to tackle his back then that is not in the back.

Jeez, two AFL confirmed incorrect calls in the dying seconds to decide games in the same year, and it's only rd6?!

Draper intentionally went to ground to get the ball, once you do that itā€™s your obligation to get the ball out. Thatā€™s how itā€™s been umpired for nearly a decade.

Again, we didnā€™t deserve to win, but itā€™s a constant theme that umpires adjudicate the game completely differently when it gets close.
just like once you take on a tackler, if you dont dispose of it correctly its a free?

Hardly making a new rule, that type of htb has been grey since the dawn of time becsuse prior opportunity can be measured as anything.
Lying on the ball is htb full stop and the AFL concurs but what would I know.
You seemed to suggest Texā€™s HTB while there, was a less of a HTB because he was forcing the play. Can one free kick be ā€˜lesserā€™ than another free kick?

Itā€™s either a free kick or it isnā€™t. There are no levels of free kicks.

just like once you take on a tackler, if you dont dispose of it correctly its a free?

Did you read my post?

The Walker one is a 50/50 call, he was tackled immediately so he didnā€™t really have prior opportunity, you can interpret his attempt to bust through the tackle as trying to get his hands free to handball. I wouldnā€™t have a problem if that was paid HTB, but I think if you watched any game you would see multiple examples of similar instances being paid and not paid.

That Draper one ALWAYS gets paid.

Again, we werenā€™t robbed, Essendon deserved to win. s**t umpiring calls are part of the game and they usually balance out.

My issue is that in yet another close game the umpires gave adjudicated key moments differently to the rest of the game.

The biggest example is the prelim final last year. The Pies got away with countless things that normally get paid. This allowed them to keep the ball in congestion and prevented any open play. Essentially if you are up in the dying stages you have a massive leg up from the umpires.

Either itā€™s a direction from the league, or the umpires arenā€™t brave enough to blow the whistle.

Did you read my post?

The Walker one is a 50/50 call, he was tackled immediately so he didnā€™t really have prior opportunity, you can interpret his attempt to bust through the tackle as trying to get his hands free to handball. I wouldnā€™t have a problem if that was paid HTB, but I think if you watched any game you would see multiple examples of similar instances being paid and not paid.

Again, we werenā€™t robbed, Essendon deserved to win. s**t umpiring calls are part of the game and they usually balance out.

My issue is that in yet another close game the umpires gave adjudicated key moments differently to the rest of the game.

The biggest example is the prelim final last year. The Pies got away with countless things that normally get paid. This allowed them to keep the ball in congestion and prevented any open play. Essentially if you are up in the dying stages you have a massive leg up from the umpires.

Either itā€™s a direction from the league, or the umpires arenā€™t brave enough to blow the whistle.
its not 50/50, he tried to beat 2 essendon players and tried to fend one off, then dropped it, clear cut

Did you read my post?

The umpire also said he couldnt see where the ball was amongst all the players, should he have guessed to decide a game?

Back