Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 5 - Dogs v Bombers Fri April 12th 7:40pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bevo coaches for himself. He is a guy who wants to be out of the box, wants to be different because if they win he can then say "Not many people would play Bramble over Daniel but i did and it was a real difference for us. It played a big part in us winning"

He is a coach who makes 1500 changes a week so when something good happens he can say it was one of those 1500 changes that did it.

Never has a coach been so selfish and self involved in my lifetime. He is very lucky Tom Boyd exists, otherwise he would have been unemployed in 2023

Bevo coaches for himself. He is a guy who wants to be out of the box, wants to be different because if they win he can then say "Not many people would play Bramble over Daniel but i did and it was a real difference for us. It played a big part in us winning"

He is a coach who makes 1500 changes a week so when something good happens he can say it was one of those 1500 changes that did it.

Never has a coach been so selfish and self involved in my lifetime. He is very lucky Tom Boyd exists, otherwise he would have been unemployed in 2023
Totally agree, he has to go as soon as possible. Been saying it for years.

Bombers good. Dogs rubbish. Gee some teams are hard to get a read on.
Well the bombers had another handful of men on the ground too.

Any wonder you can't get a read on the teams , any of them, that's what the AFL calls equality, you never know what your gonna get!
Ess played better a lot of the time , but the dogs got clobbered by free kick goals to Ess that saps confidence.

That was what I saw for a quarter or two anyway, the umpiring had me quit watching,but the dogs are so good/bad that no one has a clue, and as for my club , hell get a read on them??? a quarter of absolute rubbish, then a 2nd half nearly catch up and nearly win. When winning is the whole idea.
I reckon the footy now except for maybe a half of the people that get paid to play this game, are worth a place on a robotic AFL senior list.

Yeah it's definitely the 22yo kid single handedly propping up their basketcase side that's the problem.
His goal kicking did get worse as the night went on and Essendon got more on top. He was also the only forward that looked dangerous all night for the Bulldogs, both are good points. JUH and Naughton kicking clutch goals when needed could very well be the difference between the Bulldogs making Finals and missing out given that there seem to be some consistency issues across other parts of the team.

I suspect the Bulldogs lost the game more in the first quarter and a half when they didn't take full advantage of their dominance and Essendon took their chances to keep in touch. Suspect if that lead was 25 points and not 9 Essendon probably don't get back into it. One thing that has been shown in Essendon's 3 wins is that if you don't put them away when you get on top of them and let their belief grow they are capable. However, once it gets killed off they call fall away.

Durham looks like he's going to be a star.

Well the bombers had another handful of men on the ground too.

Any wonder you can't get a read on the teams , any of them, that's what the AFL calls equality, you never know what your gonna get!
Ess played better a lot of the time , but the dogs got clobbered by free kick goals to Ess that saps confidence.

That was what I saw for a quarter or two anyway, the umpiring had me quit watching,but the dogs are so good/bad that no one has a clue, and as for my club , hell get a read on them??? a quarter of absolute rubbish, then a 2nd half nearly catch up and nearly win. When winning is the whole idea.
I reckon the footy now except for maybe a half of the people that get paid to play this game, are worth a place on a robotic AFL senior list.
I know you hate Essendon and want to see something that isn't there, but pretty sure I saw that dogs got a lot more goals from free kicks than we did.

Edit: Found it.

(Western Bulldogs / Essendon)

Scores Directly From FK/50MP
: 5.1 / 0.1
Scores In Time-On: 3.5 / 4.1
Scores Sourced From D50: 0.3 / 3.1

Wow. 5 goals more directly from free kicks or 50MP.

You need a new agenda.

Last edited:
I know you hate Essendon and want to see something that isn't there, but pretty sure I saw that dogs got a lot more goals from free kicks than we did.

You need a new agenda.
Not a comment on whether the free kicks where there or not, but these stats are clearly backwards.

Essendon had 4 free kicks from free kicks and 1 from a 50MP in the first quarter. Any stat which says the Bombers had none for the entire game is obviously wrong, eg first minute of the game when English chopped Goldstein's arm in an inside 50 marking contest for a free kick and goal.

Not a comment on whether the free kicks where there or not, but these stats are clearly backwards.

Essendon had 4 free kicks from free kicks and 1 from a 50MP in the first quarter. Any stat which says the Bombers had none for the entire game is obviously wrong, eg first minute of the game when English chopped Goldstein's arm in an inside 50 marking contest for a free kick and goal.
Fair enough.

Saw it posted by one of your posters on your board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow the better team is the one who actually kicked goals. Who would've thought.

More news at 11.
Smartarse comment, thanks for that, you know exactly what I mean and Im sure you agree.

A "normal/good" scoreline looks like even numbers points and goals, youre guys couldnt miss friday, 15-6 FFS - thats not normal. And yes youre guys had gettable set shots. So did we and we missed most of em, 9-13, actually not too far from the norm. Thats my point, you kicked much straighter than normal and won, but it should never have been a 30 point win.
Even 10-11 (72), which is "normal" would have beaten what we dished up. But 10-11 gets beat by 10-12 every day of the week.

Bevo will get sacked mid-season at this rate.

Dogs kicking for goal was atrocious too.
Was infuriating watching us miss from 30 metres in front while Mr Bow and Arrow is kicking them from 55 metres on the boundary.

We have more issues than that though. Adelaide will probably beat them anyway.

You need a new agenda.
No your wrong, and if the dogs got frees to gaol that is as bad. And where the frees are given or ignored by umpires is a big factor , so I saw the first quarter of that game and I think the break w=away was because of weird frees, specially the first free to Goldstein, the defender had no choice, well he could have stood still and watched. Whether the mark was paid or not matters little it was a free for this nonsensical touch of the arms rule now.
Where you miss the argument is that this sort of petty nonsense affects every bloody team, including your Ruck boosted team.
I think Wright was done over badly too.
He was looking at the ball, if he stood down and didn't move to the ball, his coach , as you know is a very hard man would have crucified him. But he did go for the ball, THE BALL!
And the bleeders who are ruining the sport, hammered him.

Point being its about the free kicks not who gets them.
Although Tommy Hawkins loves an umpire ignored push in the back he has habitually used for years , marks it and never gets caught out. The rile book or the bias is killing AFL well, making AFL rich while easilypleased fans have no where else to go???????

Back