Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 6 - Crows v Bombers Fri April 19th 7:40pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 27 43.5%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Bombers by a lot

• Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if Hodgey thought the same when he got one of the worst HTB calls against Tom Jonas with a minute to go in the epic 2014 Prelim v Port Adelaide, or a fairly poor non-HTB call on Lake dragging the ball in Draper-like for the last few seconds of the same game.

lol, incredible still sooking.

Can you please tell us what the free kick to Port was for moments before that Hodge call to put Port into attack on hawks half forward line?? Didn't think so. No one knows still. Game would of been over there and then if not for that phantom call. Explain to us that one.

Let's not get into the usual Monfries diving bs soft charity calls in front of goal. Don't mention them either.

Hawks were best team in comp, go away.

Can you please tell us what the free kick to Port was for moments before that Hodge call to put Port into attack on hawks half forward line?? Didn't think so. No one knows still. Game would of been over there and then if not for that phantom call. Explain to us that one.

Let's not get into the usual Monfries diving bs soft charity calls in front of goal. Don't mention them either.

Like Hodge was, we’re talking about the last minute, not the game.

We lost that final by kicking 3.9 in the first quarter.

What has it got to do with you? Unless you are a closet Hawthorn suppprter.

Those away wins are always pretty good.
Damn close in the end, closer than it shoulda been.

Bombers are coming along nicely, there's a nice mix of talent all over the ground.

Big Goldstein I'd like to ear mark, how good at this stage of career, just what they need, a steady presence. I like the look of the Jonesboy, athletic and theyll be ravin abt him soon enough.

I like how they responded from 3 kicks back, with Crows looking pumped and up and about. But then dealt with like a fork to soufle. I could hear the sound of deflation here on the tropic of cancer .... phffffffffffff ...t!

Last edited:
I’ve read the whole thread, if you think our supporters thought that was a good performance and felt robbed, you’ve really got a poor understanding of how we feel atm. We are just all sick and tired of the same s**t each and every week and the same timid selections and backing in of some senior/fringe players that are taking us nowhere. Another loss just brings the end of Nicks quicker, so all a win last night does is delay the inevitable.

bull and s**t

your autopsy thread title had the word robbery in it before it was changed.

I agree the majority of crows supporters have a level head. But you are stating "no one" which is just an utter lie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bull and s**t

I agree the majority of crows supporters have a level head. But you are stating "no one" which is just an utter lie.

12 hours later and you are still conflating issues.

It is possible to both acknowledge Bombers were the better side and deserved to win AND bemoan the lack of a free kick.

They aren't mutually exclusive things.

It is possible to both acknowledge Bombers were the better side and deserved to win AND bemoan the lack of a free kick.

Yep and people can bemoan the Tex one just before that too, and we can go round in a never ending circle of bemoaning until we realise the final result was the right one.

i said drapers was a free kick

but so was Tex's

they were both HTB, both were not paid.

you only want to acknowledge what suits you so you can allege some type of robbery took place. If tex's HTB was paid as it should have been the ball would have been cleared from the area and Drapers never even occurred - they happened within 5 seconds of each other, tex being first.

i love how you ignore a 120minute game right up until the point it suits your agenda.

Last edited:
Those away wins are always pretty good.
Damn close in the end, closer than it shoulda been.

Bombers are coming along nicely, there's a nice mix of talent all over the ground.

Big Goldstein I'd like to ear mark, how good at this stage of career, just what they need, a steady presence. I like the look of the Jonesboy, athletic and theyll be ravin abt him soon enough.

I like how they responded from 3 kicks back, with Crows looking pumped and up and about. But then dealt with like a fork to soufle. I could hear the sound of deflation here on the tropic of cancer .... phffffffffffff ...t!
The biggest wins for mine are when you're playing away, leading first half. Home team gets up and by some. Then you rally and come home with the win.

Solid effort by Bombers last night

bull and s**t

I really don’t know what else to tell you, we are not a happy supporter group atm and it has nothing to do with one result or decision last night. A win last week didn’t change sentiment and a win last night wouldn’t change a thing either, until there is a clean out on and off field the Crows are destined to tread water.

I really don’t know what else to tell you, we are not a happy supporter group atm and it has nothing to do with one result or decision last night. A win last week didn’t change sentiment and a win last night wouldn’t change a thing either, until there is a clean out on and off field the Crows are destined to tread water.

that's fine and fair enough, but your statement was factually wrong. you said no crow's supporter suggested crows lost because as a robbed umpire decision. which is clearly incorrect.

Thats all I'm saying.

Whilst Tex probably was htb, the difference imo is he was atleast trying to make something happen, to progress the game, thats a grey area example of what they let go multiple times per game.
Draper just killed the play by laying on the ball, he literally moved around until he positioned himself over it and flopped with it tucked between his left arm and chest.
Yes Tex came in and secured it under him but Drapers only intention was to stop play and should have been text book htb.
Another gutless decision that will be ticked off by VFL house to save face and likely made up for in their minds when Adelaide receive favourable treatment in a future game, probably against us or another non Vic club.
You know its true.
So you’re making a new rule now?

Back