Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 8 - Blues v Pies Fri May 3rd 7:40pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 38 36.2%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 17.1%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton-vs-Coll.png

6th v 10th

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 8
CARLTON V COLLINGWOOD
FRIDAY MAY 3RD 7:40PM AEST (M.C.G.)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams
BLUES

B: Z. Williams, Le.Young, L. Cowan
HB: A. Cincotta, J. Weitering, N. Newman
C: D. Cuningham, P. Cripps - C, B. Acres
HF: M. Cottrell, H. McKay, E. Hollands
F: M. Owies, C. Curnow, T. De Koning
FOLL: M. Pittonet, S. Walsh, G. Hewett

I/C: J. Boyd, M. Kennedy, O. Fantasia, C. Durdin, A. Cerra
EMG: B. Kemp, O. Hollands, J. Carroll

IN: A. Cincotta, D. Cuningham, O. Fantasia, A. Cerra
OUT: B. Kemp (Omitted), O. Hollands (Omitted), J. Binns (Omitted), J. Carroll (Omitted)

MAGPIES
B: B. Maynard, O. Markov, B. Frampton
HB: J. Howe, N. Daicos, D. Moore - C
C: S. Sidebottom, S. Pendlebury, J. Daicos
HF: H. Harrison, J. Noble, B. Mihocek
F: B. McCreery, J. Elliott, M. Cox
FOLL: D. Cameron, J. Crisp, L. Schultz

I/C: P. Lipinski, I. Quaynor, B. Hill, W. Hoskin-Elliott, L. Sullivan
EMG: F. Macrae, J. Bytel, C. Dean

IN: O. Markov, L. Sullivan
OUT: J. De Goey (Injured), T. Mitchell (Injured)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Peter Mac Cup
Tonight, traditional rivals Carlton and Collingwood will come together for one common cause – to support ground-breaking cancer research at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre. The Peter Mac Cup is the longest running charity match in VFL/AFL history, with the first clash taking place in 1993. This year is the 29th time the Cup is up for grabs.

Moment of Silence
Ahead of the coin toss, Carlton and Collingwood players, senior coaches and umpires will come together in the centre of the ground to form a linked circle and pay a silent tribute to those women who have lost their lives to gender-based violence. Currently one woman every four days has lost her life in 2024.

Richard Pratt Medal
The best player on the field will be awarded the Richard Pratt medal. The medal is awarded in honour of Pratt, a former player and President of Carlton, but also to raise awareness for prostate cancer and highlight the importance of early diagnosis.

Last edited by a moderator:

Collingwood’s smaller forwards a concern - Hill, Elliot, Mcreery and even Schultz I suspect could bob up with 2 or so goals. Carlton’s backline a worry. They’ll need to be a lot more efficient going forward. Gonna be a cracker game.

I wanted to make a dumb joke (very unlike me I know) and say that nobody’s expecting much of a build up for this game, but I can’t do it with a straight face. It’s going to be huge.

Gut feel is that the Blues have a slight edge going in to this one. Very hard to be confident though, just hope it’s a ripper and a close finish.

At least have the gall to use your original account opposed to sitting behind alias number 3.

I'm tipping 92k fans for this one.
Who is he originally? At least he's got the decimated defence excuse in early. Even though Collingwood have an average forward line anyway.

The loser of this one faces a significant challenge to make top 4, and top 2 could almost be ruled out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think on exposed form we should be winning.

But it’s impossible to ever be confident against Collingwood. Went into our first game against them in 2022 pretty confident and they beat us and really got their season going after that.

Pendles etc always seem to get up for these games.

Hoping we get McGovern back to deal with some of the pace they have up forward and Cerra who was really good against them last time.

Probably going to be similar to the Cats game with us having a lot of inside 50s versus the Pies. Need to capitalise on this.

The rivalry in footy.
90k+ at the ‘G. Finally both teams looking to have a significant say in the finals.
The team that wins is a contender, lose and you’re going to have to scrap for the rest of the year.
This is what footy is all about.
How goods that !!!

Carlton losing 2 of the past 3 and Collingwoods slow start have just taken the edge off this game slightly. I'll save my tip for later in the week when the teams come out

If Carlton don't beat them now they won't again in 2024.
Bold to suggest Collingwood won't make finals but anything is possible I guess.

Back