Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 7 - Port v Saints Fri April 26th 7:40pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saints by a goal or less

• Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

• Port by a lot

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda:
  • ranked 14th for differential inside 50s per game
  • ranked 14th for differential tackles per game
  • ranked 16th for goals per game (and goal assists per game)
  • ranked 18th for differential disposals per game
Further to this, they're last for hitouts and 13th for clearance differential.

In short, they don't attack, they don't defend, they don't win the middle, can't get their hands on the ball and they don't score.

Otherwise, quite a promising and fruitful approach to football, really.

I was lip reading Hinkley talking to Ross Lyon. He said Ross we have got a long way to go to be a great club like St Kilda.

Little old Port Adelaide still paying me $800k who would have thought that when I was stinking it up at Fitzroy.

Should have been a 50-60 point victory to Port, inaccuracy will cost them when they play a contender team. Port fans quiet this week about "bias umpiring".

if you can't see that 2 teams were umpired very differently, in a game that was barely more than 3 goals margin, an extra 15 frees sure does wonders, esp when you getting easy shots at goal off them

I literally said that the Saints copped a raw deal.

But they were also completely outplayed.

When you have 38 less disposals but also 28 less tackles then you don’t get to blame umpires.

Contested posessions
139-118

Clearances
34-30

Inside 50s
53-46

Inside 50 efficiency
56%-37%

Tackles
83-55

Marks
106-81

Did you scroll past all those numbers on the way to the free kick count?
port couldn't hit the side of a barn. 10pts 15+ free kicks will always be a talking point

25 free kicks to 10, the umpires stepped up to cover for Port's injured players, they deserve a Gatorade shower in their rooms.
St Kilda (mostly) keep games competitive but ugly, serving up horrible spectacles for neutrals. But I'm happy for them to cop umpiring like tonight every game, while the sides who want to play football get the rub of the green.

Suck it up Plugger. You whinge when the umpiring is perfectly balanced anyway, so have no sympathy from me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

25 free kicks to 10, the umpires stepped up to cover for Port's injured players, they deserve a Gatorade shower in their rooms.
Port won 11.16.82 to Saints 11.6.72.

Had Port kicked more accurate in the 1st half, Port would of kicked 15-17 goals tonnight and won by 5-7 goals.

Again Port had 1 bloke on the bench left in the 2nd half. Saints had 3 or 4 left. So by that case, Saints should of overran the Port adelaide side.

port couldn't hit the side of a barn. 10pts 15+ free kicks will always be a talking point

10 points as a margin doesn’t reflect the result I feel. Port kicked away at the start of the last and then took the foot off the gas with limited rotations.

Umpiring is one factor, and yeah, Port got the better of it, but they were the better side in pretty much every other factor of the game.

It will be a talking point because of the rarity of it happening. We haven't had a free kick differential like that for years. But they kept tackling high. Some were dodgy - Dixon especially.

It will be a talking point because of the rarity of it happening. We haven't had a free kick differential like that for years. But they kept tackling high. Some were dodgy - Dixon especially.
Listening to bt fumble thru the stat's regarding your boys and Adelaide was cringe. I know how much the crows get a ride RE: 2021 crows dee's non deliberate call

Back