Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 7 - Port v Saints Fri April 26th 7:40pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saints by a goal or less

• Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

• Port by a lot

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Well he did and the commentary team called it out.
That umpiring was as one sided as you’ll see.
Strangely enough, GWS got reamed last week against Carlton to the tune of 0 frees in the 2nd half yet they didnt call it out on that occasion.
Sort of suggests its only of concern when an interstate club gets the rub against a Vic club hey.

Oh well.

I don’t remember ever getting umpires like that at home. Crows got it this year against Geelong and nobody said anything
The Crows game we caught Adelaide cold so many times with our 75 odd tackles and didn't get one HTB decision, with a whole stack of soft ones against. Other than a bit of belated evening up late when the game was done, it was a reaming. And it goes beyond a simplistic decision ratio sometimes.

But most of us, even on those occasions try to contain the whinging to our own board, and the neutrals are more than happy to turn a blind eye.

I'll be honest pear fans, I had no idea it was that bad last year 😬 well done all things considered. Weird how the camrys get all the love
As a non SA team fan that lives in Adelaide and sees plenty of Adelaide and Port games those stats don't surprise me one bit. The 2 showdowns last year were worse umpiring standard than last night. As much as I think power fans do go on a bit too much about umpire treatment, on most occasions, they do have at least some of a point.

A lot of that free kick differential and frustration from Port fans would also be players like Dixon, Horne-Francis and SPP that opposition teams know they can frustrate and niggle into giving away frees. They don't get the 3 could be paid frees so get frustrated or retaliate and give 1 away. It's been an issue for a number of years and that it hasn't been addressed gives at least some limited credence to Power fans gripes with Hinkley.

During Richmond's premiership years, Rance and Martin were experts at the reverse of this. They knew who the opposition players were that they could poke and get them to lose their cool. Franklin and Hodge are another 2 that were expert at this.

Much bigger sample size. Last night was the first game this year we won a free kick count at home
That free kick ladder just shows that your point is wrong. Saints were a team that didn't give away 22 free kicks a game. Last year, we didn't get the most frees, it was we didn't give them away. So explain what happened last night using that bigger sample size?

That free kick ladder just shows that your point is wrong. Saints were a team that didn't give away 22 free kicks a game. Last year, we didn't get the most frees, it was we didn't give them away. So explain what happened last night using that bigger sample size?
What happened last night was the first time at home we won a free kick count .
Regardless of the frees we should have won by 6-7 goals given the amount of ridiculous set shots that we missed straight in front of goal.

Strangely enough, GWS got reamed last week against Carlton to the tune of 0 frees in the 2nd half yet they didnt call it out on that occasion.
Sort of suggests its only of concern when an interstate club gets the rub against a Vic club hey.

Oh well.
And Carlton screwing Freo in gather round

I'll be honest pear fans, I had no idea it was that bad last year 😬 well done all things considered. Weird how the camrys get all the love

Last night like what’s the point of BT giving the combined Adelaide team numbers? The Crows get looked after here way better than we do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least three and what was the margin at the end of the game?
How many frees near goal did JHF receive?
None: including the last goal when he was on his knees, bearly has his head ripped off and has the composure to handball over the back of his head where Wines kicks a snag.

Further to this, they're last for hitouts and 13th for clearance differential.

In short, they don't attack, they don't defend, they don't win the middle, can't get their hands on the ball and they don't score.

Otherwise, quite a promising and fruitful approach to football, really.
Middle paragraph possibly partially relates to the free kicks, though there were a couple of howlers I could see at the game.

I saw a marathon tacklefest. Other than Steele who went for the ball, St Kilda players just tackled Port players. Boring.

Often Hinkley is blasted for his refusal to attack, eg kick it to Charlie, but Lyon's game plan of concentrating on restriction to the lack of attack is boring, and doesn't win anyway.

As for winning the frees so heavily this game, the commentators' hypocrisy in not calling out our frequent numbers the other way is the usual Vic bias. No research done by them, and no commentary when we suffer low free kicks and missed free kicks.

Annoying game on many fronts, including from my team.

What does Allir value more, not being pinged or health.

The AFL rules and the Tribunal wants to know,
What does Higgins value more, holding an opponent or hurting them with a dump tackle?

FWIW, it’s a football action and maybe a week would be sufficient, not 3.

Back