Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 8 - Blues v Pies Fri May 3rd 7:40pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 38 36.2%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 17.1%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems odd to single out a game with a record crowd and claim that people didn't turn up...
Especially when its usually the MCC letting us down (again) if it does get full. Feel like ticketing system needs a rehaul because I was supposed to reserve these tickets as a member months ago, but suddenly a couple weeks before the game tickets become available again and what would've been a $25 GA ticket is now $65. Definitely dissuaded a good number to go - if they even knew tickets were still available.

The Maynard tackle on Owies is an example of what Whately and King were talking about early this week. The tackled player taking his head to ground to get a free. This needs to be fined out of existence.
I wouldn’t just fine it. Bring back the three fines/strikes and you’re suspended, and players will train themselves out of it. Suspensions are the biggest motivator in the game to curtail BS, imo. E.g. fines barely stopped sneaky gut punches off-play until that suspension rule was put in (then they got rid of it for some stupid reason???).

The idea that Umps have to suss out whether things are a legitimate free kick or someone’s putting mayo on it just makes the umpire’s job unnecessarily harder. Easier to tell them to make the call as they see it (don’t even take into account mayo) and let each free kicks be reviewed, and if a players throw their heads into the ground etc. fine/suspend them.

Asks a supporter of a team who humiliated themselves on the games' biggest day in what was the most pathetic, non event of a contest I can remember. The first GF I have ever stopped watching halfway through.
Second most pathetic. Port in 2007 still holds that mantle.

Is there a medal for every game now? What is this? Every kid gets a trophy? MY GOD!

At one club I played jnr footy for they give out McDonald's vouchers after every match. It's a shame the AFL doesn't do the same, imagine how much more excited Nick would be receiving his happy meal voucher. Especially if they still come with a toy.

Unfortunately, by the end of his career, I think Nick Daicos might end up being the best player I have seen.
Wayne Carey might finally be overtaken.

I'll reserve my judgement until Nick and Josh have adult sons of their own, it seems if there's one thing a Daicos is better at than football it's siring.
I just hope I'm still here for it... I'd feel a lot more comfortable if them lads would get started on that, especially Josh wtf is he waiting for...

How did this sack of spuds win a flag
McRae.

People talk about Chris Scott being the best coach in the league, that simply just isn't true. McRae knew exactly how to dismantle our midfield, where his players followed instructions to the letter. The game was lost in the coaches box.

McRae.

People talk about Chris Scott being the best coach in the league, that simply just isn't true. McRae knew exactly how to dismantle our midfield, where his players followed instructions to the letter. The game was lost in the coaches box.
Watching them after half time just nullify Cripps and Walsh at centre bounces was insane. Do not think either of those players got more than one touch between them in the centre after that point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching them after half time just nullify Cripps and Walsh at centre bounces was insane. Do not think either of those players got more than one touch between them in the centre after that point.
We had someone pretty useful still sitting as sub that might've made a difference there: Matt Kennedy. Instead, we persisted with Fantasia for most of the game!

Is there a medal for every game now? What is this? Every kid gets a trophy? MY GOD!
How did you manage to find the negative in the positive again? Bloody hell well done...Cancer survivors and the family of those who have passed to this insidious disease I am sure did not gripe about the Peter MaCallum medal. I would have thought we want to celebrate traditions and bring attention to this great cause.

We had someone pretty useful still sitting as sub that might've made a difference there: Matt Kennedy. Instead, we persisted with Fantasia for most of the game!
Yes, why does Kennedy not get motre game time? He was a highly rated GWS recruit. Still, Cripps is a star and id love him at the Pies.

Back