Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 7 - Port v Saints Fri April 26th 7:40pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saints by a goal or less

• Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

• Port by a lot

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Again....

Saints had 4 blokes on the bench after half time. Port only had 1. So in a view, Saints should of overran the power in the final quater and won.

Again....

Port scored 11.16.82. Saints scored 11.6.72.

If Port kicked 16.11.107 and saints kicked 6.11.47, would you think it was close?

If you think in any way shape or form the saints had any right to win tonight, you are sadly mistaken.
You still bent out of shape about Ross Lyon?

Please, we were about as bad as it gets and devoid of a functioning midfield and forward line and still won.
We did what we had to do to get the points.
Geez, those guys Horne Smith, Butters, Wines, Boak and Drew must be pretty s**t to be not a functioning midfield. Same said for Dixon, Rioli, Georgidies, Marshall and Powell pepper for a half. Port have had a real tough time with non functioning lines. Which best 22 players were you missing tonight?

Geez, those guys Horne Smith, Butters, Wines, Boak and Drew must be pretty s**t to be not a functioning midfield. Same said for Dixon, Rioli, Georgidies, Marshall and Powell pepper for a half. Port have had a real tough time with non functioning lines. Which best 22 players were you missing tonight?

This is a midfield that many suggest will be amongst the best in the game over the next decade, tonight they were a long way off it.
Our forwards couldn't take a mark early and when they did they couldn't find the goals.
Our bench after 3/4 time.

Please, we were about as bad as it gets and devoid of a functioning midfield and forward line and still won.
We did what we had to do to get the points.
Mate,

The fact that you couldn't score in a who're house in the first half demonstrates that youse are a flat track bully, mirage, a HinkleyBall.

Look, Ross made it unwatchable especially in the first half. But you had many entries into I50 and got F all.

At home, in front of parochial crowd.

You ain't winning the premiership.

Sack Hinkley.

Mate,

The fact that you couldn't score in a who're house in the first half demonstrates that youse are a flat track bully, mirage, a HinkleyBall.

Look, Ross made it unwatchable especially in the first half. But you had many entries into I50 and got F all.

Sack Hinkley.
Yep, we were s**t and Saints shitter, but we scored more points, not sure how that differs to what I said.

Mate,

Sack Hinkley.
No s**t we ain't winning the flag?
Stkilda and Port are bottom 8 sides

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many goals did Port score from frees... it seemed like a lot of their frees were inside 50 and lead to a goal.
4 out of 6 St. Kilda scores at quarter time had come from a 50/50 free to St. Kilda or a missed free to Port, the other 2 were skill errors from Port. That's not sustainable to win a game.

I did admit that Port got a better deal overal, just not in the first quarter where it was St.Kilda that got the better deal. My point was more that umpiring standards across the whole game were terrible not just disadvantaging St. Kilda and that umpiring didn't change the result tonight as much as it did in the other games I mentioned. Port’s conversion was terrible and St. Kilda generally made the most of their patches of momentum which is what kept the game close.

The incorrect umpiring decisions that lead to goals was actually pretty even although I will admit that Port’s inaccuracy does skew that slightly.

Most teams would have won against a team that was 4 players down. If you look back historically.. I'm sure you will find most teams that lose 2 players in a game will lose the match. Unless of course those players were lost late in the game when the leading team already had a winning margin. St Kilda actually looked worse, when Port lost those players.. which was quite bizarre.
true

4 out of 6 St. Kilda scores at quarter time had come from a 50/50 free to St. Kilda or a missed free to Port, the other 2 were skill errors from Port. That's not sustainable to win a game.

I did admit that Port got a better deal overal, just not in the first quarter where it was St.Kilda that got the better deal. My point was more that umpiring standards across the whole game were terrible not just disadvantaging St. Kilda and that umpiring didn't change the result tonight as much as it did in the other games I mentioned. Port’s conversion was terrible and St. Kilda generally made the most of their patches of momentum which is what kept the game close.

The incorrect umpiring decisions that lead to goals was actually pretty even although I will admit that Port’s inaccuracy does skew that slightly.

Not sure you were watching the same game.

The Dixon free kick and goal was just mind blowing.

Membrey actually got pinned for backing into a pack to mark.

Most teams would have won against a team that was 4 players down. If you look back historically.. I'm sure you will find most teams that lose 2 players in a game will lose the match. Unless of course those players were lost late in the game when the leading team already had a winning margin. St Kilda actually looked worse, when Port lost those players.. which was quite bizarre.

Think you’re over looking the fact StKilda had Marshall unavailable for basically a quarter.

Few takeaways from the game:
  • Bonner should be playing div 4 local footy
  • I did like Battle up the ground more at times.
  • Caminiti should play over Sharman when King is back
  • 2nd & 3rd year players aren't consistent enough, again showed flashes but need to put full games together
  • Wilson is incredible, Hastie & Garcia probably aren't really ready yet, idk if you can play both
  • I pray its nothing serious for Marshall.
  • A few key players to come in over the next few weeks.
I agree with this.
Gets a bit of the ball.

Which can only be good for the opposition.

Back