Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 6 - Crows v Bombers Fri April 19th 7:40pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 27 43.5%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Bombers by a lot

• Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

One s**t decision among many that night. Bombers had a howler or two against them. Bombers were the better team om the night and deserved the win.

Now the Bombers need to prove to themselves for the rest of the season that they are finals material and not let this win distract them. They have the talent, now they need to be more consistent every week.

We'll see where they are in a month's time.

It'd be tough to have a conversation with Draper. I don't think anybody is home.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he tries to go through the supermarket self checkout. I doubt it goes well.

I'm a fan, he isn't a great ruckman but he's a great character with a great mullet, we tried to get him to St Kilda but he knocked us back.

Just imagine Marshall and Draper in the same Saints team, we would be unbeatable.

Yet the margin was still only a couple of points.

Yeah and we won.

Deal with it.

You can argue all the should, could and would you want. There we plenty for the entire 120 mins play. Not just the last 5 seconds.

If you want to play the should game then the Crows "should" have been down 6-8 goals by half time.

your point is a bad one.

Essendon won because they smoked Adelaide the entire game.
I understand that.. but plenty of better sides have lost. When the game literally swings on a third parties incorrect call.

It’s a “deserving” victory over the course of the match but at the same time you weren’t good enough when it came to the crunch and should have been punished for not putting them away

Yeah and we won.

Deal with it.

You can argue all the should, could and would you want. There we plenty for the entire 120 mins play. Not just the last 5 seconds.

If you want to play the should game then the Crows "should" have been down 6-8 goals by half time.
But we weren't. Why was that?

I'm a fan, he isn't a great ruckman but he's a great character with a great mullet, we tried to get him to St Kilda but he knocked us back.

Just imagine Marshall and Draper in the same Saints team, we would be unbeatable.

I've imagined it. Saints still miss finals.

I'm not saying the other decisions aren't important. Im an advocate for more reviews.

With that being said all I've ever said is that if I could have my bad decison halfway through the game or at the end you'd pick the halfway through because you have time to overcome that.

That's it, nothing more than that and it doesn't excuse prior mistakes.
That's fair. But if the umpire was going to call holding the ball then he probably would've given draper more time to get rid of it and by that time the siren would've gone so I'm not sure whether there was ever going to be a holding the ball decision made in time anyway

10 more scoring shots ?
How many more inside 50s ?
Rachelle pooping his pants when the game was on the line

The use of the word “only” is wrong friend you’ve been on the Ben Cousins gear too long if you actually think that non call was the “only” reason the Crom lost

I will say this though Adelaide’s season is over “only” as surely as yours is
You’re completely missing the point. But I wouldn’t expect much less from a Port supporter. The Bombers deserved the win right up until they didn’t. The Crows did enough to be within a goal, to have the ball locked into their forward 50 and to earn themselves a free kick in front of goal. The rest of the match means f*ck all at that point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Line ball the HTB , depends if you think he dragged it in or not

But seriously WTF was Rachelle doing in that last 10 mins trying the hero ball party tricks , dudes head is so swollen we should float him up in front of the sun and it might not be 35 degrees in Perth when we are supposed to be heading into winter

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

18.6.5 Holding the ball: Diving on Top of the Football – A field Umpire shall award a Free Kick against a Player who dives on top of or drags the football underneath their body and fails to immediately knock clear or Correctly Dispose of the football when Legally Tackled.
He didn't dive on it because he was already on the ground when it was knocked underneath him. He then got dived on

That's fair. But if the umpire was going to call holding the ball then he probably would've given draper more time to get rid of it and by that time the siren would've gone so I'm not sure whether there was ever going to be a holding the ball decision made in time anyway

I have issues with the way we allow sirens and boundary lines save players but that's another issue.

Now the Bombers need to prove to themselves for the rest of the season that they are finals material and not let this win distract them. They have the talent, now they need to be more consistent every week.

We'll see where they are in a month's time.
Bombers aren’t good enough, tho if I’m a Crom fan that’s the biggest salt in the wound

Port let’s face it until we prove otherwise are pretenders under Ken and yet we smacked these Jabronis 2 weeks ago

If the bombers convert their field dominance into goals they win this by 4 goals easy

The Crom just aren’t very good, Walker is STILL your best forward and if Dawson doesn’t go into AA god mode form week in week out the midfield is too thin to challenge middling teams let alone contenders

You’ll beat us in 2 weeks bookmark it because we are pretenders but don’t let that wallpaper over the truth

Crows midfield is ass, defence below average and it has no true forwards other than a 34 yr old absolute campaigner

wrong, the incorrect call was 2 seconds earlier when tex tried to get through two essendon players and dropped the ball, the draper incident would not have happened had the umpires not missed that one
Underrated post I thought he was HTB clear as day had prior incorrectly disposed of it no call

Both teams were fumbly and poor skills

Umpiring deplorable.

Bombers missed some dead set sitters.

Crows dropped some easy marks and played for too many frees

A draw would have been a fair result but happy we got the 4 points.

Dawson was immense after a couple of meh weeks. Really took charge with no Crouch in the team.

Enjoy the footy on the weekend - got some mouth watering games tomorrow (Pies v Prison bars especially)

Back