Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 6 - Crows v Bombers Fri April 19th 7:40pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 27 43.5%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Bombers by a lot

• Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunate for Adelaide. But they always seem to blame umpires for their results. All we hear about is that goal post incident last year. Looks like Tex won’t be happy again. Maybe a bit of training coming up for him again.

Is there a problem with looking up into the lights at Adelaide Oval? Rochelle missed that mark over the back of the contest in the forward pocket but later he took a strong hands above the head contested mark coming out on a sideways lead just outside the 50m on the other side of the ground.

There was an earlier one in the last quarter where another Adelaide player was in the box seat to mark just forward of centre on his own and he seemed to just swipe at it late with one hand like he hadn't seen it in flight.

The Bombers fall from a 4-2 start is going to be delicious ...even better if they beat the Pies on Anzac Day .... a 5-2 start only to miss Finals :thumbsu:

Maybe one day our lack of finals will match your lack of a premiership?

Says the Whispers in the Sky and Sirengate s team supporter. Lol
emoji849.png

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Whispers in the Sky, Lol😂😂

Hodgey isn't holding back, he said that was holding the ball against Draper and the umpires got it wrong.

That could be the end of his Ch7 commentary career, Richo, Ling and Darcy have only survived at Ch7 because they sat on the fence.

A strong anti umpiring opinion doesn't go down well there or at AFL House.
I wonder if Hodgey thought the same when he got one of the worst HTB calls against Tom Jonas with a minute to go in the epic 2014 Prelim v Port Adelaide, or a fairly poor non-HTB call on Lake dragging the ball in Draper-like for the last few seconds of the same game.

Have you watched the footage? Tex tackled him, O'Brien was no where close
By tackled, you mean jumped into his back. And this was after he took on 2 tacklers, dropped the ball and threw his head back to milk a free.

Scoreboard says they were within 4 so that’s all that matters. Means they should have won with correct application of the rules
Terrible take.

Have you been arguing the umpiring the eagles got for the last 20 years that games were played at subiaco?

By tackled, you mean jumped into his back. And this was after he took on 2 tacklers, dropped the ball and threw his head back to milk a free.

I think you can probably admit to having a biased view of the incident

Don’t worry. Essendon had a good win, played much better and honestly should’ve won by 5 goals. But let’s not pretend that wasn’t the most blatant holding the ball we’ll see this season. Even big Drapes admitted he got away with it.

This line of thinking is terrible. Crows shouldn’t have been within 40? Sure. But that’s the Bombers fault. The actual result of the game, regardless of stats, was decided by a 3rd party that Adelaide had no control over
Yeah, they had no control over playing poorly in the first half

We were outplayed, poor kicking kept us in it and of course you won't get the calls late in the game especially if you are the underdog non VIC side.

Josh Rachelle was dreadful. He made some very poor decisions then he tried to win it but missed a rushed attempt at goal.

Essendon = celebrating like you have won a premiership because of a missed call aint going to get you anywhere. Calm the heck down, there is still a long season ahead for you.

But remember what happened after beating Adelaide last year, your season fell apart very quickly. You haven't won a final since 2004, you have been through some tough times I know that.

Now prove yourselves wrong and start playing like this every week. Talent wise you are good enough. It showed tonight.

Even if Adelaide stole the game it still would have been difficult to make the finals, it is a long way back from 0-4 and home ground advantage means NOTHING. Teams are going to come over here and play inspired footy.

After North we play:
Port
Brisbane
Collingwood

It's almost impossible, even if we won tonight.
don't celebrate a close win 😂

I think you can probably admit to having a biased view of the incident

Don’t worry. Essendon had a good win, played much better and honestly should’ve won by 5 goals. But let’s not pretend that wasn’t the most blatant holding the ball we’ll see this season. Even big Drapes admitted he got away with it.
Brad Scott wearing the biggest s**t eating grin I've ever seen in the post game presser is another good indication..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both teams were fumbly and poor skills

Umpiring deplorable.

Bombers missed some dead set sitters.

Crows dropped some easy marks and played for too many frees

A draw would have been a fair result but happy we got the 4 points.

Dawson was immense after a couple of meh weeks. Really took charge with no Crouch in the team.

Enjoy the footy on the weekend - got some mouth watering games tomorrow (Pies v Prison bars especially)
The only fair result from the balance of play was an Essendon win.

It's just s**t that the umpires couldn't make a correct call to allow an unfair and undeserved victory to possibly happen.

I don't get it. I watched the last 2 minutes on the AFL site and Walker makes no effort to get rid of the ball while being tackled too.

Letting both go seems pretty fair. Whats the problem?
Both are wrong.

Tex should've been pinged.

Draper should've been pinged.

Not sure why 2 mistakes is considered ok. Just because it balances out doesn't mean it's ok.

I wonder if Hodgey thought the same when he got one of the worst HTB calls against Tom Jonas with a minute to go in the epic 2014 Prelim v Port Adelaide, or a fairly poor non-HTB call on Lake dragging the ball in Draper-like for the last few seconds of the same game.

Yeah Port got robbed in that 2014 prelim against the Hawks.

At least Hodgey always accepted the umpire's decision on the rare occasions they paid a free kick or a fifty against the Hawks back then.

That is exactly my point. The scoreboard only says Essendon one because of an incorrect call
Only because of that? Not because they worked harder to get ground balls, seem to be finally getting their zone defense into some sort of order, took more marks and tackled a lot more? None of that, just the umpring decision?

I'm a fan, he isn't a great ruckman but he's a great character with a great mullet, we tried to get him to St Kilda but he knocked us back.

Just imagine Marshall and Draper in the same Saints team, we would be unbeatable.
Unbeatable is a stretch
Saints have got a worse forward line than Freo

Back