Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 7 - North v Crows Sat April 27th 1:45pm AEST (Blundstone)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Aidan Corr is just awful. Obviously there are repeat entries which is hard to defend, but he is ALWAYS late to the spoil on his direct opponent, even when it’s not on a lead. Horrible.

I have always liked Simpkin as a player. I’m no doc but I think he came back way too early from that hit in pre-season. Those types of brain injuries can take months to properly heal.

He just looks slow and has been half a second off the pace ever since.
In serious need of a month, or the remainder of a career, in the VFL.

Ahhhh of course, that’ll do it man

I spoke to Sam Simpson about the concussion that kept him out for a year or two, he was telling me that after it he couldn’t go for a walk without the world spinning for months

Little bit understated as to how impactful a concussion can be to an elite athlete

Obviously different for everyone but yeah I think there’s a huge amount of physical coordination & endurance you lose with a knock like that.

Perhaps even subconsciously you’re watching yourself and if you’re not fully committed, easily be a step behind like Simpkin constantly is.

In 4 years from todays 22 I can realistically see us having only

Sheezel, Duursma, Larkey, Xerri, Comben, Hardemann, Powell maybe Lazzaro & Curtis line up for us in a best 22

LDU & Zurhaar will leave in FA. McKercher will get a big Tassie offer that would be hard to turn down. The rest are spuds or battlers.

We are in the middle of a rebuild with a glut of high picks & we can still only name 7 best 22 players for 4 years time.

Obviously different for everyone but yeah I think there’s a huge amount of physical coordination & endurance you lose with a knock like that.

Perhaps even subconsciously you’re watching yourself and if you’re not fully committed, easily be a step behind like Simpkin constantly is.
Yeah and there’s even the fact that it can influences your bodies ability to regulate its HR

Scary stuff

I don’t know how there hasn’t been a line through Biggie & Stephens.

When Corr & McDonald aren’t your biggest issues, there’s something seriously wrong. I’d rather some senior bodies out there being s**t to take the spotlight off the kids, and then need to filter through the young ones. Stephen’s & Biggie are lost out there.

I don’t know how there hasn’t been a line through Biggie & Stephens.

When Corr & McDonald aren’t your biggest issues, there’s something seriously wrong. I’d rather some senior bodies out there being s**t to take the spotlight off the kids, and then need to filter through the young ones. Stephen’s & Biggie are lost out there.

Stephens is the worst for mine. Actively avoids contact and disposes of the ball so quickly that it is almost never the correct option. Terrible decision maker.

Bring back Fitzroy
Fitzroy never left, they just moved to Queensland. Nicer weather there apparently, Cavil avenue also very fun.

I reckon we should get rid off Gold Coast when Tasmania comes in and redistribute the players around. Add Rowell and Anderson to North and I think they would be more competitive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy Tucker hasn’t changed.

Back