Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 6 - Lions v Cats Sat April 20th 7:30pm AEST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 44.1%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh, ooooooh. Now I see. Yes! Yeah, yeah you're right. Yes! Oh, you put it so very well. Nicely articulated.

It's an equally odd phenomenon that a GWS supporter would be so trigger happy to be derogatory the moment someone comments on their comment about an abstract object.
Trigger happy? Did you feel that you have been shot? Wounded? By a message? Oh dear!

Geelong still haven't beaten a team above them on the ladder yet. Also lucky to get Brisbane with good bloke Cameron missing with suspension, they'll bounce back once that little motorbike man returns.
Charlie is such a good bloke allowing the opposition the easy win by going nowhere near the ball

Don't become like a Richmond supporter

To be fair I don’t think anyone that I’ve come across has suggested there’s a vendetta against us, it’s just how the count has worked out. The Adelaide game was the one anomaly from memory as we made something like 80 tackles and didn’t get a single HTB call (or maybe it was St Kilda??) and genuinely had some absolutely bizarre calls throughout the game but there was no suggestion of any corruption etc it’s just been the way the games have unfolded.

There were heaps of bad ones awarded and missed both ways tonight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lions kicked the first 2 goals of the match, then only 2 more for the rest of the match is as poor as you can get.

2.3 at the halfway mark of the first quarter.

2.10 for the rest of the game, at home, against a top team who you have to to be up and about against.

I’m not sure how many other ways there are to say this. No doubt media guys have said something similar.

It shouldn’t matter if you’re playing in a ******* swimming pool. Kick a few goals ffs.

It is ******* atrocious, for a team that had already lost 3 out of 5 games. Ffs, have some pride.

Geelong is the team to beat

Again..

Are they?

So many teams, including mine, just get sucked in to playing how Geelong want to play. It’s obviously a credit to Scott and his players but they are not some insurmountable obstacle.

If there was a final on the MCG where the cats were playing blues/Pies/dees or even Swans/Giants I’d be betting against the cats. I might be massively wrong of course…..

Are they?

So many teams, including mine, just get sucked in to playing how Geelong want to play. It’s obviously a credit to Scott and his players but they are not some insurmountable obstacle.

If there was a final on the MCG where the cats were playing blues/Pies/dees or even Swans/Giants I’d be betting against the cats. I might be massively wrong of course…..

I’m not so sure about that.

One thing we actually have a fair bit of now is pace. We might not have a whole heap of skill in the midfield and ball winning ability but we do have speed, and we have a huge forward who while slowing still loves the ball coming in quickly, and a similarly quality key forward who doesn’t mind the same thing, and a fleet of small forwards who thrive off similar speed, and a third tallish marking option who likes it too.
So as far as attack goes at least, these relatively slowed down games that most teams have tried against us don’t really suit what we want other sides to try against us. Our defence, maybe, but not our attack. Our midfield and our forward 6 would prefer other sides to come at us with a pretty loose approach. That’s my take on it anyway.

I’m not so sure about that.

One thing we actually have a fair bit of now is pace. We might not have a whole heap of skill in the midfield and ball winning ability but we do have speed, and we have a huge forward who while slowing still loves the ball coming in quickly, and a similarly quality key forward who doesn’t mind the same thing, and a fleet of small forwards who thrive off similar speed, and a third tallish marking option who likes it too.
So as far as attack goes at least, these relatively slowed down games that most teams have tried against us don’t really suit what we want other sides to try against us. Our defence, maybe, but not our attack. Our midfield and our forward 6 would prefer other sides to come at us with a pretty loose approach. That’s my take on it anyway.

Can’t disagree with most of that, it’s just whether that stands up against another one or two sides when they’re purring later in the year.

It is a credit to the cats that not only are they still getting it done, but it doesn’t seem to matter how. Although most of us would appreciate it if you’d * off for a few years tbh….

Can’t disagree with most of that, it’s just whether that stands up against another one or two sides when they’re purring later in the year.

It is a credit to the cats that not only are they still getting it done, but it doesn’t seem to matter how. Although most of us would appreciate it if you’d * off for a few years tbh….

Yeah fair call on those fronts. Maybe there is even a hint of ‘I don’t care how you get it done, just get me 18-20 touches if the game goes into slow down mode and we will see what we can do from there’ to all those guys that rotate through the middle at the moment but I get the sense that our actual ‘if we can get a full game against a good side on our own terms’ game plan is basically what we saw a bit more of - as you would expect obviously - against North Melbourne with players like Holmes and Bowes getting a fair bit of ball and using it quickly.

2.3 at the halfway mark of the first quarter.

2.10 for the rest of the game, at home, against a top team who you have to to be up and about against.

I’m not sure how many other ways there are to say this. No doubt media guys have said something similar.

It shouldn’t matter if you’re playing in a ******* swimming pool. Kick a few goals ffs.

It is ******* atrocious, for a team that had already lost 3 out of 5 games. Ffs, have some pride.

They had 2 goals a few mins into the game.

Geelong are an acid test for teams. They’ll tell you if you’re any good or not. The lions are way off it.
SPOT ON! Told my Lions supporting partner this.
If you want to be successful, you must first go through the Karate Master, the old Sensai. The litmus test of footy is going through the juggernaut.

If you can get through the Cats in Finals like pressure, you can beat anybody.

2017 - Tigers go through Cats in QF and start dynasty.
2018 - Eagles beat Cats in tight Finals like contest early in the season against most betting odds.
2019 - Tigers scrape through Cats in Prelim after huge post half time comeback.
2020 - Cats were up at half time, Herculean effort from Dusty in 2nd half of Grand Final to drag Tigers ahead…last quarter score didn’t reflect game.
2021 - Dees demolish Cats in Prelim onto drought breaking Premiership.
2022 - Pies lost by a goal in QF, would learn from it and use it next season.
2023 - Pies knock off Cats twice in Finals like games during the season.
2024 - Could see this being the test for a Blues, GWS, Sydney, Dees, Port etc….who is gonna make a statement win this year against the Cats?

Back