Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 6 - Blues v Giants Sat April 20th 4:35pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Giants by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Giants by 7 - 20

Votes: 28 44.4%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giants by a lot

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

A couple of posters are embarassing themselves in trying to continually maintain Carlton didn't win that game on their merits.

Dig up stupid!

Same supporters last week saying we would get demolished are the same ones this week saying that GWS had too many outs and didn’t play their best. Common denominator? Can’t give Carlton any credit due to jealousy. Incredibly sad.

Yeah but what about best 22 players?
Williams - Williams INJ
Docherty - cowan
Saad - boyd
Cerra - Fantasia
Martin - E Hollands
Motlop - Durdin
Fogarty - Owies
McGovern - Young

Gives us much better ball use from the back half, more depth through the midfield and some more pressure/better finishing skills up front.

Did I say no good? I said I prefer the Coleman winner to not have gotten 38 shots at goals from free kicks. Seems more impressive to do it without frees?
That would be a certified miracle.

Because we haven’t won nearly as many spoons over the last 30 years?

Why is it hard for Carlton fans to be humble and admit they are having a good run after decades of unmatched shitness? Way you all talk it’s like you’ve won the last ten flags lol
I dont much care if the umpires take us all the way to a premiership, no one will remember in 10 years but i'll remember winning just ask doggies fans.

Well supporter of a team that’s spent the last 30 years collecting spoons and priority picks would know all about losing I guess
Pipe down dickhead

You’re teams done nothing since its inception and is getting reamed by last years spooners

soccer mourinho GIF by nss sports

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t actually find the numbers before 2018 annoyingly
For his career, Lance Franklin averaged 1.3 frees per match, with his highest averaging years being 2012 (1.9) and 2010 (1.8); in 2012 he kicked 69 goals (nice) and in 2010 he kicked 64.

In Franklin's Coleman medal winning seasons (2008, 2011, 2014, 2017) he averaged 1.1 frees per match, 1.4 frees per match, 1.4 frees per match, and 1.6 frees per match.

Gee, this has been a fun exercise, who else can we do it on?

Matthew Pavlich never won the Coleman, but he did kick kick 72 (2007), 71 (2006), 69 (2012), 67 (2008) and 61 (2010) goals in a season. In those years, he averaged 1.1 frees per match, 1 free per match, 1 free per match, 1.3 frees per match, and 1.4 frees per match.

The criticism of Charlie Curnow found in this post:
Did I say no good? I said I prefer the Coleman winner to not have gotten 38 shots at goals from free kicks. Seems more impressive to do it without frees?
... probably better targeted at Franklin in those seasons, because he averaged a higher free kick count every season except 2008, or it could illegitimize Pavlich's 2010 Leading Goalkicker award (couldn't find it if Freo had a name for it) seeing as he averaged a higher free per game than you personally are comfortable with.

Because we haven’t won nearly as many spoons over the last 30 years?

Why is it hard for Carlton fans to be humble and admit they are having a good run after decades of unmatched shitness? Way you all talk it’s like you’ve won the last ten flags lol
tumblr_p5llw1Sl4s1wctw8lo2_400.gif

This year? And last year? (6 rounds isn’t a great sample size)
How’s it dumb? Is it not a fact he has been pretty crap in finals? It’s dumber to pretend otherwise and ignore reality, no?
6 rounds isn't a great sample size, but 3 games is?
Do you think before you post? Rhetorical question. I don't care about your answer. Just want to point out your hypocrisy.

My tipping has been unbelievably bad this year.

Tipping Giants by several kicks, so Blues will definitely upset.
I will do this each week.

Back