Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 6 - North v Hawks Sun April 21st 4:00pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne were that bad in 2013. We were that bad in 2017. Brisbane were that bad in 2015. WC were awful last year.

The only thing that Nth needs is time.
No. Not even Carlton at their worst were this bad. I had started to think there was a way out earlier in the year, and that maybe in three years time mid-table was possible.
The last few weeks, especially this against a very very bad side, has proven there is very likely not a player on this list that will play a final for North. We're at least five years away from getting out of the bottom four, and probably fifteen from a final.

Had three straight years of bottom 2 (and bad bottom 2 that's rarely competitive and usually smashed) with another coming this year. How much freaking time do they need? I don't expect them to be great or necessarily pushing finals but at least start looking like a professional AFL football side.
Do you want me to go through each case I brought up to demonstrate why each side in question was unquestionably the worst side I listed?

It takes between 8-10 seasons to completely rebuild a list, from inception to first finals. Some sides can cut that short by not being awful when they start, but that's roughly how long it takes.

No. Not even Carlton at their worst were this bad. I had started to think there was a way out earlier in the year, and that maybe in three years time mid-table was possible.
The last few weeks, especially this against a very very bad side, has proven there is very likely not a player on this list that will play a final for North. We're at least five years away from getting out of the bottom four, and probably fifteen from a final.
If that's the case (maybe it is and I don't mean to sound nasty here) everyone in your football department (coach included) needs to #### off. Can't be that bad for that long it's absolutely ridiculous.

No. Not even Carlton at their worst were this bad.
Dude, we lost to GWS in 2019 when they were down to 1 on the bench and decided to play 1 short for portions of the last quarter. Between 2016 and round 11, 2019, we won 16 games of football total including a 2 win season.

Yes, we were.
I had started to think there was a way out earlier in the year, and that maybe in three years time mid-table was possible.
This is a tad catastrophist, but not far off.

You're 3 seasons away from competitive.

Yeah I agree.

There have been some poor teams but this north one takes some topping.

They've got some real guns in and a goat coach. R have been atrocious today and are looking at a 10 goal win.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would Davies-Uniacke want to hang around for?
Teams will offer just as much money and he'll have an opportunity to feature in September and have a more distinguished career.

If anyone tries to compare sheezel with Reid I'd spew. Just watched him stand there and not apply any pressure. He has skills but doesn't win his own ball

Clarko deserves to cop a massive amount of heat but he is protected by his mates at AFL house and the media cartel

Bailey “The Butcher” Scott strikes again. The worst kick in the side, if not the whole league. And Clarko thinks it’s good to having him down back and having him kicking it out. FMD

Back