Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 5 - Cats v North Sun April 14th 1:00pm (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • North by 7- 20

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 34 77.3%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I get that but given the AFL is all about gambling you'd be pissed off if you had Hawkins for the Coleman etc

I know, how awful.

From the front page of the Geelong website, you'd probably be excused for thinking that they're actually not all about gambling.

Personally, I'd go with "F*** you and your multi" as a slogan, but whatever works.

1713074817148.png

Hawkins would have kicked 1-2 today, like he always does when he's expected to make a Coleman claim against some easy kill.

I agree it hasn't been an overly tough draw but at the start of the year, all of the Dogs, Saints and Crows were considered strong finals chances

We were comfortable underdogs away against Adelaide and it was line ball against the Dogs. Saints have shown they're good this year and played well against us, they've lost their three games (against teams with a combined 13-2 record) by a total of 13 points.

I haven't seen this much gnashing of teeth about a so-called 'easy run' since the last two months of our 2022 season.

We play 2 games in the first 8 rounds at home. I like the focus on that element. That’s a nice touch from the people moaning about the draw of a team who finished 12th last year.
Getting flogged at Home by the tigers and still finds the energy to focus on the Cats

Very amusing

And the UNDEFEATED Cats make it 5-0. You've got to wonder if they'll ever lose a game ever again at this rate.
Yes I'm sure you'll win your next 4 against Brisbane away, Carlton, Melbourne and Port. Pretty easy run.

Yes I'm sure you'll win your next 4 against Brisbane away, Carlton, Melbourne and Port. Pretty easy run.
The beauty of such a hot start is that we can afford to drop the odd game here and there now. Just gotta find a way to sneak Hawkins, Dangerfield and Guthrie back into this undefeated lineup.

They gifted their best defender to us. Gifted.
If a free agent wants out clubs really should just accept it and move on with the compo/trade. Someone not wanting to be there is hardly going to play well.

Luke Davies-Uniacke would be a real worry for next year. Just missed finals his first year then been on a steady decline to the abyss of a very long rebuild since. Would have lots of clubs offering money and success.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If a free agent wants out clubs really should just accept it and move on with the compo/trade. Someone not wanting to be there is hardly going to play well.

Luke Davies-Uniacke would be a real worry for next year. Just missed finals his first year then been on a steady decline to the abyss of a very long rebuild since. Would have lots of clubs offering money and success.
I thought they’d put up a fight for him, their defence is deplorable. They were happy to watch clubs push his price up so they could get a better draft hand. Blown up in their face, he’d be top two in our b & f.

As much as it pains me to say but I think it's time to decide on the future of North Melbourne football club.

I'm sure all other opposition supporters would agree with me.

How can every other club play and WIN games but we just get thrashed week in, week out for years.

I have barely watched football this season. As silly as this may sound, it's just too painful to watch.

I thought they’d put up a fight for him, their defence is deplorable. They were happy to watch clubs push his price up so they could get a better draft hand. Blown up in their face, he’d be top two in our b & f.
He was meh for us for the last 18 months. Checked out last year and was average at best. It's obvious he is happy where he is and getting the best of himself in a competitive side. If we forced Essendons hand for a bloke that didn't want to be there we wouldn't have got that sort of return thru trade. Not ideal but is what it is.
List management has not been good for a long time now.

As much as it pains me to say but I think it's time to decide on the future of North Melbourne football club.

How can every other club play and WIN games but we just get thrashed week in, week out for years.

I have barely watched football this season. As silly as this may sound, it's just too painful to watch.
Just shut up

Watch Melbourne 2011-13 and you will see it doesn’t last forever. We were truly abysmal and embarrassing for years.

Geelong fixture so far been a joke.

2 x 0-5 teams
1 x 1-4 team
2 X 2-3 teams
Or to put it another way, Geelong’s opposition so far has a combined 5-20 record.

They have Brisbane (away) Carlton, Melbourne, Port, GC (away) and GWS coming up. I think the next 6 weeks will be more instructive than the first 5 weeks in terms of Geelong’s finals hopes.

Barely watched football all season but felt compelled to jump on a footy forum to write this.

Seems legit

Barely watched football all season but felt compelled to jump on a footy forum to write this.

Seems legit
When i say I have barely watched football this season, I mean other games. I used to watch most games each round but struggle with watching as a neutral these days which is silly - I know.

I watched today's game.

I am legit.

Back