Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 7 - Suns v Eagles Sun April 28th 1pm AEST (Peoples First)

Who will win and by how much?

• Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Goldcoast-vs-WCE.png

11th v 14th

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 7
GOLD COAST SUNS V WEST COAST EAGLES
SUNDAY APRIL 28TH 1:00PM AEST (PEOPLES FIRST STADIUM)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams

SUNS

B: J.Lukosius, C.Ballard, S.Collins
HB: W.Powell, S.Flanders, M.Andrew
C: M.Rowell, T.Miller - C, S.Clohesy
HF: B.Ainsworth, J.Walter, T.Berry
F: B.Humphrey, B.King, J.Rogers
FOLL: J.Witts, N.Anderson, W.Graham

I/C (FROM): R.Atkins, A.Sexton, N.Holman, B.Fiorini, S.Day, D.Macpherson, N.Moyle

IN: R.Atkins, A.Sexton, S.Day, D.Macpherson, N.Moyle
OUT: E.Read (Managed), B.Uwland (Omitted)

EAGLES
B: T.Cole, J.McGovern, A.Witherden
HB: L.Duggan - C, J.Rotham, B.Hough
C: J.Hunt, E.Yeo, J.Cripps
HF: J.Petruccelle, J.Waterman, R.Maric
F: J.Williams, J.Darling, L.Ryan
FOLL: B.Williams, T.Kelly, R.Ginbey

I/C (FROM): A.Gaff, D.Sheed, T.Brockman, L.Edwards, C.Chesser, H.Edwards, J.Culley,

IN: L.Ryan, A.Gaff, L.Edwards, H.Johnston, H.Edwards, J.Culley
OUT: T.Barrass (Suspension), N.Long (Injured), H.Reid (Managed)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:

Gold Coast should bounce back in this game, hopefully we show continual improvement to add onto the past few weeks.
We've been pretty good at home so far this season and we also bounced back well from a poor loss to the Bulldogs in round 2 so history would suggest you're probably right. Given the travel factor, it probably won't surprise many to learn that West Coast have a pretty poor record against the Suns at Carrara and have only beaten us there once which was 10 years ago in 2014.

We already know it's going to be the Harley Reid show on Sunday (from a media perspective) and Yeo is in exceptional form as well so this one should be an interesting midfield battle. I'm backing the boys to get the job done though. Suns by 26 points.

Young team, travelling interstate. Cant see us pinching this just hope we are competitive.
Young team is a relative view. Eagles had a lot of experienced players in the best 22 on the weekend.

Last round
Eagles 25years 6 months, 99 games.
Suns 23 years 11 months, 73 games.

Players less than 50 games
Eagles 8
Suns 9

Last edited:
I think most West Coast fans are a bit PTSD after the last few years and wary of thinking too far ahead or of trusting the side to put up consistent efforts. I'm just crossing my fingers that the boys can go again and continue to develop the game style they have shown the past 3 weeks.

I think it will be a close one with the Suns just edging it out 2-3 goals.

Young team is a relative view. Eagles had a lot of experienced players in the best 22 on the weekend.

Last round
Eagles 25years 6 months, 99 games.
Suns 23 years 11 months, 73 games.

Players less than 50 games
Eagles 8
Suns 9
Yeah but the point being your young guys are playing on their home deck - ours away. Takes a fair few games before a lot of young guys play well away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No disrespect to them but I feel like this is probably a case of the Eagles coming back to Earth with a thud. The Suns have been good at home, this looks all set for a hefty win. Gold Coast by 50+
This is probably why West Coast have decided to not play him. They don't want to kill his momentum with a long and tough away trip.

Very wise move imo, I highly doubt we would win regardless with him in or out so resting him up and having him ready for next weeks winnable game at home against the bombers is the smarter move

No Reid no chance.

Not that there was a chance anyway. Gold Coast in Gold Coast >>>>>> Geelong in Geelong

Imagine if you will, us coming out without Harley playing and pushing GCS or beating them😱.
Our cred will go up exponentially.
However , if we lose by a lot it will give the media another week's worth of Harley to write about.
We need to win this without him.

Back