Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 7 - Suns v Eagles Sun April 28th 1pm AEST (Peoples First)

Who will win and by how much?

• Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't aware that we weren't allowed to comment on a game day thread on the main board? That's why it's here. If you want your little blue and yellow bubble, I suggest you go to your club board.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Struggling to find where he said you weren’t allowed to comment here …

All those whinging Eagles fans should check out the stats - like inside 50, clearances, contested possessions, tackles inside 50.

Lucky Suns players for some reason decided to donate you 6 goals on platter and you kicked straight. Otherwise, it was 60+.

BTW, Suns were younger, less experienced and played 4 kids under 20 (Eagles 2). I give you a long trip.

Yeo was great and so was Waterman.

Witts obliterated B Williams.

You do realise a free kick at a ball up or throw in = a clearance, right?

Rowell had 7 (!) free kicks Witts had 5. So yeah, West Coast got obliterated at the clearances, mainly by the umpires.

You do realise a free kick at a ball up or throw in = a clearance, right?

Rowell had 7 (!) free kicks Witts had 5. So yeah, West Coast got obliterated at the clearances, mainly by the umpires.
cast your mind back to Round 10 2016.
West Coast v Gold Coast at Subiaco Oval.

Free kick count - 21-7
yes, three times as many
cant recall the media and outcry after that

your ruck and mids were panic merchants and held before every centre and around the ground ball up.
Ginbey gave away 4 and Kelly gave away 5 and b williams 3

Last edited by a moderator:
What do Gold Coast supporters think of giving up two home games a year and moving them to the northern territory?

I see Nathan Buckley thinks its a great idea.I personally think it is detrimental to club membership and to building club support and club culture.
Personally I'm not a big fan. I pay for 11 home games to see the team run out at PFS but only get 9.
We now have a 5 week block of not seeing them at home.
I also agree with your sentiment regarding club membership and support. It's hard enough getting people to attend games as it is without having a big gap where people make other arrangements and "forget" about the footy for a month.
It's still a growing market here but playing in Darwin just doesn't make sense to me.
If we start winning games and are in the sight of finals the crowds may come but we are yet to see it happen. Hopefully soon

What do Gold Coast supporters think of giving up two home games a year and moving them to the northern territory?

I see Nathan Buckley thinks its a great idea.I personally think it is detrimental to club membership and to building club support and club culture.
Would cut it to one personally, but I understand the problem, we don't make enough money from 11 home games at the moment, and we get a nice pay day from the 2 in Darwin.

its ****ed with a capital *

i posted this elsewhere

so, we now have the situation (yet again) where the attempt at building support on the Gold Coast and engaging locals is thwarted by the 2 games we play in Darwin, bookmarked either end by a game in Brisbane and in Melbourne. So 5 weeks with no footy up here, nothing in the month of May.

Now I know the Darwin games are tied up in sponsorship etc. But hear me out for an option.

Gather round - extra home games for SA teams - which is unfair on WA, NSW and Qld teams (Vic teams less so as the get lots of games in Melbourne anyway).

My idea - the two back to back games in Darwin should be Adelaide v Gold Coast and Port v Gold Coast.
They become the extra home games for SA teams - not extra Adelaide oval games.
That allows Gold Coast to go back to 11 home games at People First Stadium

No non-Vic team is then given more than 11 home games.
Still support the game in Darwin.
Allows Gold Coast locals to get engaged all season long.
SA teams back to the pre-gather round situation of 11 home games each at Adelaide oval.

Buckley is a meathead.

Darwin slows the Suns growth as Canberra does the Giants.

Eventually both of these clubs need to cut ties with their second homes if they're to make inroads.

I'd say just cut it to one game a year in Darwin from 2025 onward. The growth for us is clearly in the fast growing city of the Gold Coast (approx 800k at the moment) and we're just now starting to see the fruits of our labour at the grassroots level with these local academy prospects coming through. Outside of potentially using Darwin as a carrot to recruit NT players (Ben Long) or getting the occasional decent NT junior coming through our academy, I don't think we're benefitting a whole lot from the agreement if you remove the financial aspect and one aspect that's probably really hurting us late in the season is adding in more travelling + miles on the legs by having to travel to Darwin (4h 20m flight) when we should be staying on the Gold Coast. If we need the money then it just feels like we'd be better off having one game in Darwin and another home game at Carrara in two or three weeks from now to continue the momentum we've built instead of going on the road for five straight weeks when we're going alright and are undefeated at home so far this season.

We'll get there. We just need to show the AFL that we're better off playing more games on the Gold Coast and that probably comes back to pulling bigger crowds. As they say, win and they will come. We just need to keep winning and it will all flow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back