Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 4 - Suns v GWS Sunday April 7th 12:30pm AEST (Adelaide Hills)

Who will win and by how much?

• Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Animated GIF

Giants have to win a flag this year or next before the Kangas and Suns overtake us.

Giants have to win a flag this year or next before the Kangas and Suns overtake us.

Have GWS as a top 4 team and genuine chance

After quite a deflating final quarter the Suns ended up soundly beaten by the Giants, at least on the scoreboard. But the Suns controlled large portions of that game without putting the required points on the board. With three debutants we all thought the Suns were in for a hiding but that performance shows they are much closer to a finals-ready side than I thought.

Who would have guessed Sam Clohesy would be the pick of the debuts. He looked like the sort of winger lots of us thought Jeremy Sharp could be. He runs and runs and runs and then when he kicks the ball he doesn’t shank it. He’s great! Ellis won’t get a look-in anytime soon based on that performance. Read looked like he could handle chopping out in the ruck and his mobility was obvious. Against some teams he may not have a good matchup and have to step out of the 22 but otherwise I expect to see plenty more of him this season. Walter confirmed that he has the body strength to win marking contests at the highest level. The frees he won were down to his physicality not the speed we saw last week, he’s a gun. I didn’t see much of Will Graham in the moment so I will have to get a sense of his performance on the rewatch.
Full report here:
https://eyesonthesuns.wordpress.com...4-v-giants-the-expansion-cup-stays-in-sydney/

Back