Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 7 - Hawks v Swans Sun April 28th 4pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swans by a goal or less

• Hawks by 7 - 20

• Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn’t watch the game but apparently Sam Mitchell is pissed off ….. I expect the “bring your mouth guards to training this week routine” I think the hawks will rough up whoever they play next week and might have a shot at winning based on the reaction to this game

Poor turnout from hawks “supporters” today.
Will they show up to Docklands at 4pm next Sunday?

Premium members areas were full. It’s the casual fans who are put off by the timeslot.

I was sitting in N53 and it was packed.

Premium members areas were full. It’s the casual fans who are put off by the timeslot.

I was sitting in N53 and it was packed.
All supporter groups are the same. 38,052 is a respectable effort for the worst team their club has produced in two decades ...
According to AFLTables it's above their average since 1997.

1714296341741.png

It's hard to believe that this is the same club which was so dominant under Clarkson, however, go back and look at their trading over the last 10 years. Easily the worst trading club during that time and both Clarkson and Mitchell are equally to blame.

They have a long road back to being relevant

You have to wonder about Clarko at North too. You have to wonder, did he mould a champion team over ten years or did he have the best hand and play it brilliantly?

Tell ya what ... transfer your games against Carlton and Geelong to the MCG?

What, wanna keep them in Sydney and not play either team in Victoria instead?

Suddenly three games already at the MCG is acceptable?

Shuddup then.

So grumpy!

Most Bloods fans reckon the Cats get ripped off Re use of your own stadium.

Poor turnout from hawks “supporters” today.
Will they show up to Docklands at 4pm next Sunday?

Geez, you are really obsessed with our crowds aren't you?

It was a terrific crowd a few weeks ago when you played the Giants at Marvel - 40,000 odd wasn't it?

Care to have a stab at how many turned up at the same venue in 2018 for the same game when you were crap?

I'll give you a clue - it's between 16,000 and 17,000.

Glass houses and all that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks could win this game. I'm not sold on Sydney. They've had a piss easy draw. Yeah they played Melbourne, Collingwood and Essendon but the form of those 3 teams was absolute trash early season and they have only just improved the past few weeks.

Swans last 4 rounds - Gold Coast, Bye, West Coast, Richmond. Cant take much away from that..
Yeah righto. You were only 76 points from being on the money. 6 and 1. Enjoy your fight to make the 8.

Our kicking for goal has been just disgraceful. Would be 8 shots where we should be getting them 90% of the time.

Simply not even trying.
Pity Jack Gunston isnt 23-26 years old.

I hated your side when they were good in 2012-16.

Never forget that heartbreak that was the 2015 prelim final. Hawks kicked 15.4.94. All 4 behinds were rushed. not one scoring set shot was a miss.

Has happened a lot to us this year. Essendon, Geelong and now Sydney have kicked extremely accurately against us. A lot of them were not easy shots

Our goal kicking has been poor but that is something we need to do about it

A sidenote but I never understood why top players get fast tracked into becoming coaches.

They are very different skill sets and being a great player does not mean they have any coaching ability.

In soccer it is often players who were pretty poor players who end up being the best coaches, but we don't really get to see that in the AFL. Someone who is the worst on your list, can't kick for s**t, drops the ball like it is made of soap might have a brilliant tactical brain, but they are not really given the chance because they were/are a bad player.

Back