Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 7 - Tigers v Demons Wed April 24th 7:25pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 39 58.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Thankfully it wasn’t the blow out I expected. Melbourne are their own worst enemies. Oliver’s lack of a good pre season is showing. They have too many arrogant players riding on the coat tails of their stars. Fritsch is one of the most selfish players. Melbourne definitely lack something. I don’t know why they wanted to trade Grundy.
How could you have that view considering Gawn just won the Anzac medal and is having an AA year? That wouldn't be happening with Grundy in the team. I'm thrilled we got rid of Grundy. He struggles on big grounds

How could you have that view considering Gawn just won the Anzac medal and is having an AA year? That wouldn't be happening with Grundy in the team. I'm thrilled we got rid of Grundy. He struggles on big grounds
Gawn is old and Grundy is a good to very good ruckman who is younger. Gawn could be rested a lot more in the forward line while Grundy rucked. IMO it would’ve added at least an extra year on Gawn’s career

Thankfully it wasn’t the blow out I expected. Melbourne are their own worst enemies. Oliver’s lack of a good pre season is showing. They have too many arrogant players riding on the coat tails of their stars. Fritsch is one of the most selfish players. Melbourne definitely lack something. I don’t know why they wanted to trade Grundy.

So hang on, your'e saying really if we were any good we should have been winning by at least 100?

But we won just shy of 8 goals...

But we won just shy of 8 goals...
I was going for Melbourne to beat both Geelong and Collingwood in recent years - they are really disappointing. The outs Richmond had tonight were pretty significant. Melbourne are sloppy they don’t make the most of what they have. Richmond, during their time, did.

Protected species the umpires by the afl no other sport in the world we're there protected so much no accountability or face the music. This bs we don't want it to stream to junior footy or there's a shortage is all crap.
You don't watch EPL? Probably the biggest sporting competition in the world? Refereeing, including VAR, this year has been a complete shambles, way worse than what AFL umpires offer up! Nottingham Forest even called it bias over Twitter after 3 penalties were denied against them.

Also, I don't think Richmond and Melbourne supporters have the right to whinge about mistakes from umpires. why do we expect perfection from umpires, when the players played probably one of the worst skilled matches in the AFL era?

Scythe94 honest question, do you think after tonights game that it was really uncalled for me to question Windsor's foot skills?

He was awful by foot tonight. Scrubbed about 4 kicks directly to Richmond.
Certainly messed up a few tonight (wasn't alone there), but redeemed with some good defensive plays. Tries to bite off a bit more than he can chew sometimes, but that's a refreshing alternative to the boring ball movement that typifies our team.

Haven't seen enough evidence to label him a poor kick overall as of yet, though.

Gawn is old and Grundy is a good to very good ruckman who is younger. Gawn could be rested a lot more in the forward line while Grundy rucked. IMO it would’ve added at least an extra year on Gawn’s career
simon cowell facepalm GIF

Have you jumped in a time Machine and gone back to 2023? We tried Grundy and Gawn together, it doesn't work. The only thing is does is take the best ruck in the league out of position. Grundy is younger, and also slower and far worse as a player.

So hang on, your'e saying really if we were any good we should have been winning by at least 100?
Let me put it this way, however much I hate Geelong, I watch them play and think they are a well oiled machine. They will beat Melbourne again this year. Melbourne have better individual players but they lack something

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly messed up a few tonight (wasn't alone there), but redeemed with some good defensive plays. Tries to bite off a bit more than he can chew sometimes, but that's a refreshing alternative to the boring ball movement that typifies our team.

Haven't seen enough evidence to label him a poor kick overall as of yet, though.
The goal on 3/4 time helped make up for his mistakes. I personally don't see him going for the high risk kicks that you see nor do I think he should be excused for not knowing his capabilities. Like in basketball, what's worse than a bad shooter? A bad shooter that shoots and doesn't know his limitation. So I think he'll just have to dial it back a lot until he tightens things up.

Did you expect it to be close?
Dees never belt anyone.

2021 6-0 Dees just after beating reigning premiers Richmond faced 0-6 North Melbourne, Roos were up by 19 points at halftime. This trend has continued since then.

Dow
Brown
Mansell
Campbell
M Rioli
Lefau
Above are all young players who have shown promise this season, we’ll be fine.
If Lefau counts as a young player then so does Bolton and Balta, lol.

A win's a win. A lot of young kids on the park tonight too. 9 players aged 22 and Under. Richmond had 6. A lot of negative nellies here tonight. If we were 7-0 people would just say we'll choke in the finals anyway, so being 5-2 and playing horrendous footy is totally fine.

Petracca and Viney are down. Oliver is still playing catch up from no pre-season as well as carrying that hand injury. Petty is in career worst form but I'll put it down to a limited pre-season and recovering from a long term lisfranc injury.

So much upside with this group. We probably won't hit our straps for a couple of months.

You don't watch EPL? Probably the biggest sporting competition in the world? Refereeing, including VAR, this year has been a complete shambles, way worse than what AFL umpires offer up! Nottingham Forest even called it bias over Twitter after 3 penalties were denied against them.

Also, I don't think Richmond and Melbourne supporters have the right to whinge about mistakes from umpires. why do we expect perfection from umpires, when the players played probably one of the worst skilled matches in the AFL era?
As a Geelong supporter you'd absolutely love the umpires wouldn't you?
I'd love to swap the way our jumper is umpired compared to yours.

Big difference tho isn't there you failed to mention clubs can be critical of referees if it's warranted in the epl you can't even as a captain in the afl or as a player or coach approach umpires protected is not the word not sure what your on about.

Worst skilled or not pay the obvious free kicks ridiculous exuse you got 4 umpires on the ground lol. Take your blinkers off umpiring utter garbage in the afl.

So does Oliver get done for staging?

Also isn't May supposed to be a hard man? Guy throws his head back looking for frees constantly.

May is a dick but if that’s a reference to the one late in the third quarter I don’t think it was a stage I think it was a reflex because he did get hit across the face/chin/neck. Definitely not enough to actually cause anything more than a momentary sting but it would have caused a reaction. He immediately got on with play and tried to dispose of the ball. I know what you mean because his head went back but compared to a lot of his other w***ery I didn’t have an issue with that

Back