Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 7 - Bombers v Pies Thurs April 25th 3:20pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 35.7%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

How embarrassing. Reigning premier can't beat a side that hasn't won a final in 20 years. 🤭 😉

Basically Bombers fans ecstatic with the draw, Pies fans disappointed we played poor again giving up 6 goals to 1 in the 1st quarter 2 weeks in a row.

Says it all.

As you said, we are the reigning premier, you are trying to use comedy to hide the fact you don't remember how it feels to be the reigning premier, and I feel for you, 20 years is indeed a long time, go have another glass to drown away your sorrows.

Someone touched daicos.

That's a free isn't it?

You began the exchange responding to a point I made by only saying you've heard it many times before.

I don't think explaining things will get through to you.

Pies fan stereotypes are there for a reason it seems.
Except Daicos never got a free when you made that point...

Also Daicos only got one free kick for the game, despite having 27 disposals, wasn't your point that Daicos gets a free everytime he's touched? Are you saying he was only touched once during the game?

Maybe I expect more from you, Andronicus, perhaps I think you're capable of deeper thoughts, rather than parroting those you've heard from others and presenting them as your own

Maybe I thought that you were able to back up your claim in some way, and not rely upon the anonymity of the forum to spew forth nonsense without any reason or fear of having to back up your words

You enjoy your little quip about stereotypes, I hope you have a self-satisfied smile upon your face as you sleep tonight, they say ignorance is bliss and I have a feeling that you, Andronicus, are one of the happiest people on earth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically Bombers fans ecstatic with the draw, Pies fans disappointed we played poor again giving up 6 goals to 1 in the 1st quarter 2 weeks in a row.

Says it all.

As you said, we are the reigning premier, you are trying to use comedy to hide the fact you don't remember how it feels to be the reigning premier, and I feel for you, 20 years is indeed a long time, go have another glass to drown away your sorrows.
It's not that serious. We're relatively happy because a win and a draw makes no difference to us on the ladder given our poor percentage. We dominated the midfield and most of the general play but without Reid and Ridley's great kicking out of the backline, too many errors cost us the win. Nothing we can do about injury to great ball users. It was a game of scoring from stoppages vs scoring from turnovers.

I would have been more disappointed if we got smashed in the midfield. There's a lot of positives we can take from that given we're a developing side going up against the reigning premiers.

It's not that serious. We're relatively happy because at least we didn't end up losing after being 5 goals up. We dominated the midfield and most of the general play but too many errors cost us the win. It was a game of scoring from stoppages vs scoring from turnovers.

I would have been more disappointed if we got smashed against Collingwood's average midfield. There's a lot of positives we can take from that but we were the in form team against a fellow finals contender with a 3-3 record.
So close to getting through without an injury excuse. I've tidied it up for you.

Spot on Pendles, just play extra time, get a result FFS

I like draws in regular season. If you’ve played the full 80 minutes and the teams couldn’t be separated then why shouldn’t they share the points?

Also what happens when a team has a 5 or 6 day break coming up and they have a draw. We already see enough issues with teams disadvantaged by shorter breaks, do we want to add to that problem?

I like draws in regular season. If you’ve played the full 80 minutes and the teams couldn’t be separated then why shouldn’t they share the points?

Also what happens when a team has a 5 or 6 day break coming up and they have a draw. We already see enough issues with teams disadvantaged by shorter breaks, do we want to add to that problem?
couldn't agree more. Draw is a legitimate result that adds to the tapestry of the ladder. If you wanted a win, you should have kicked an extra point or goal.

When you need a result, like in finals, it's perfect to have extra time. It would just be silly in H&A, which despite the pomp, is all Anzac Day is.

I was there, I was flat. But the result was the result.

And you raise a really good point re the preparation disparities. FFS, this year we have teams with byes in round 1 and other teams with byes in round 3 or 4. Imagine having to play extra time off a 6 day break compared to a team with a 13 day break?

This is even more amplified for Anzac Day, where often it's on a Tuesday and after a 4 day break for one team and a 5 for the other.

Plus, the draw is kind of cool anyway. Why do we all always need gratification? Keep it

Says it all.

I wouldn't say we are ecstatic with a draw, considering we dominated the 4th Q had had the chance to nail it. But 2 points is better than zero points and it's probably the fair result. Neither team did enough to run away with the win.

If Langford kicked that goal and won it, then would be ecstatic. But the usual Essendon would have crumbled when C'Wood came back in the 2nd. And we didn't, cant fault the happiness of that and the fact we are a very young team.

had we won it would have been a big win that's sets us up for a good season. We go on to vs West Coast, GWS, North and Richmond. We are a real chance of being 7-3-1 at the end of round 11. very positive for us but we need to focus to make it happen/

Lamenting his use of comedy and substituting in your use of over exaggeration and general sourness makes no sense at all.

Last edited:
Back