Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 4 - Tigers v Saints Sun April 7th 3:20pm AEST (Norwood)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond-vs-St-Kilda.png

13th v 11th

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 4
RICHMOND V ST KILDA
SUNDAY APRIL 7TH 3:20PM AEST (NORWOOD OVAL)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams
TIGERS

B: T.Young, N.Broad, N.Vlastuin
HB: J.Short, T.Brown, D.Rioli
C: K.McIntosh, T.Taranto, M.Pickett
HF: S.Campbell, R.Mansell, M.Rioli
F: M.Lefau, D.Martin, S.Bolton
FOLL: T.Nankervis - C, T.Dow, J.Ross

I/C (FROM): T.Sonsie, J.Graham, J.Koschitzke, B.Miller, S.Naismith, H.Ralphsmith, K.McAuliffe

IN: D.Martin, J.Graham, J.Koschitzke, S.Naismith, H.Ralphsmith, K.McAuliffe
OUT: N.Balta (Injured), T.Lynch (Injured), L.Baker (Suspension)

SAINTS
B: J.Battle, Z.Cordy, C.Wilkie
HB: L.Stocker, J.Sinclair, N.Wanganeen-Milera
C: R.Byrnes, S.Ross, B.Hill
HF: J.Higgins, M.Phillipou, M.Owens
F: D.Wilson, M.King, T.Membrey
FOLL: R.Marshall, J.Steele - C, Z.Jones

I/C (FROM): L.Collard, D.Butler, A.Hastie, H.Garcia, R.Bonner, T.Campbell, A.Caminiti

IN: M.King, L.Collard, H.Garcia, T.Campbell
OUT: M.Windhager (Suspension)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:
For anyone interested below is the link to our weekly Podcast!

Full disclosure it is a Richmond based podcast so if our knowledge or info on the opposition isn't A++ that is why, we do our best though to be balanced when previewing the upcoming game.

Skip to 33:15 for the St Kilda preview if you don't want to listen to the other parts!

Topics covered:
-Welcome to everyone
-Review of Sydney Game
-Young cubs and their big moments
-Maurice Jnr, Campbell, Sonsie
-Heroics of Vlastuin
-Preview of St Kilda game - skip to 33:15 mark for this

Otherwise you can view it below:

We've got a horrid unavailable list for this week. Think I was reading we pretty much have to fly our entire remaining available list to Adelaide to pick a side with emergencies.

Anyway, Saints at Marvel would have beaten us, full strength at MCG this would have been a great contest.

I hope we bring the same pressure and intensity we did last week, which would be entertaining to watch, but I think the Saints will get up. Ross Lyon isn't stupid and will know how to exploit our weakened areas and test our changes.

This game might get down to who has what left to put on the park…we’ll probably debut another kid this week out of necessity…nil all draw possible

Meh. Who gives fluck about games with no premiership points to be won.

The psychological trauma of getting edged the week before will be too much for the saints. Richmond to capitalise for the 2nd week in a row and win this one by 69 points.

Both teams are missing a few but Lynch Balta and Baker are crucial to the Tiges. Was impressed with what they did to us last week but think they might struggle against the Saints with those three missing.

Both teams are missing a few but Lynch Balta and Baker are crucial to the Tiges. Was impressed with what they did to us last week but think they might struggle against the Saints with those three missing.
Structually we can't cover them.
Graham test this week, with Baker going out makes me think we are going to rush him back considering the half-forward-midfield link role is kind of a hard position to play.

Not sure how we going to go talls wise, both Ryan & Naismith played good at VFL level last week. I kind of would like to see how Nank & Naismith work together but at the same time going with Sampson Ryan is probably better for the future. not sure which way will go.

Jacob Koschitzke might be a option they go with although I would prefer them not to especially if one of Naismith or Ryan play with Martin likely coming back it would almost be too tall considering Balta is pretty mobile for his size.

Structually we can't cover them.
Graham test this week, with Baker going out makes me think we are going to rush him back considering the half-forward-midfield link role is kind of a hard position to play.

Not sure how we going to go talls wise, both Ryan & Naismith played good at VFL level last week. I kind of would like to see how Nank & Naismith work together but at the same time going with Sampson Ryan is probably better for the future. not sure which way will go.

Jacob Koschitzke might be a option they go with although I would prefer them not to especially if one of Naismith or Ryan play with Martin likely coming back it would almost be too tall considering Balta is pretty mobile for his size.

It's an interesting question as to how tall you go. Our backline is not tall at the best of times and with Howard out we have Cordy (195) and Battle (193) as our two tallest defenders (Marshall does get back in defense quite a bit though).

There is definitely the potential to exploit this with Kosi & Ryan (for example) but then if you go too tall the risk is we stroll it out of the backline each time and a big part of our gameplan is the slighshot and scoring from quick chains from out d50. So it's high risk / high reward.

It's an interesting question as to how tall you go. Our backline is not tall at the best of times and with Howard out we have Cordy (195) and Battle (193) as our two tallest defenders (Marshall does get back in defense quite a bit though).

There is definitely the potential to exploit this with Kosi & Ryan (for example) but then if you go too tall the risk is we stroll it out of the backline each time and a big part of our gameplan is the slighshot and scoring from quick chains from out d50. So it's high risk / high reward.
I think you're missing a key point.
Those players suck.

Kosi is borderline delistable already, and Ryan has time on his side but is coming on a lot slower than we might have hoped.
Those two aren't exploiting anyone. Sure if it was Lynch & Balta against Cordy and Battle we'd have an advantage, but with the former two as possible replacements, it's a liabilility for us.

If they make a contest and kick 3 between them I'll be thrilled. We're going to need to score from our smaller forwards, the Bolton (Baker missing is another big loss), Martin (if he plays), Campbell, Mansell, M Rioli types this week, and our midfielders like Taranto and Sonsie chipping in.

Our best bet would be to throw something crazy at the Saints like a small but elite pressure and speed forward line, just get it in low and messy and let the smalls go to work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda annoys me every time we play them. Max King and Higgins tend to do well against us.

I’m going Saints by 17. King to kick 4, Higgins with 3

I reckon we're a sneaky chance if we can bring the pressure like last week. Koschitzke and Lefau as the tall forwards is horrific. The smalls will have to be on song to kick a winning score.

Tiges will struggle to score.
Saints will be pissed at their last performance. Could be an ugly one sided game.

Tiges will struggle to score.
Saints will be pissed at their last performance. Could be an ugly one sided game.
I absolutely hope so. But as a Saints supporter who saw the '66 premiership, I've witnessed all to many St Kilda stuff ups over these many years. The term "Long Suffering" needs no validation for we Saints supporters!

Last edited:
Max King is key.

Back