Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 6 - North v Hawks Sun April 21st 4:00pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

North get smashed by the 2nd worst team in the comp.

Do we really need to go through them asking the AFL for more help again?

I feel like north needs more veterans, west coast have Tim Kelly , yeo , McGovern , darling etc who do north have equivalent to that ? Full of youngsters

Going to hard for Nth to hold onto players if this keeps up.

To be fair, they keep drafting the wrong types.

Want a mercurial HFF? Need to have the mids and key posts sorted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, strange they keep doing it though as what's needed is so glaringly obvious to everyone else.

Throw a heap at Duncan as a UFA this year.

Go huge at Harris Andrews, Weitering or Taylor as a pre-agent

Do the same to Bont, Libba and Warner.

Need to get quality in to protect the youth. Will be hard though

I was actually at the game with a North-supporting friend.

What I noticed was the number of elementary amateurish mistakes North consistently made - stuff that's supposed to get drilled out of you in junior footy.

e.g. When the ball was kicked into their forward line, every player flew for the mark, with basically nobody down waiting. Not only did this mean they all constantly spoiled each other, but it meant Hawthorn had 3 on 1 when the ball hit the deck. The number of times I saw Hawthorn just waltz it out of the backline because they had the numbers was ridiculous. The smaller blokes should wait for the crumb instead of trying to jump over the top of Larkey - it was ridiculous.

And make no mistake, Hawthorn played ordinary. They made some comical mistakes and had some very scrappy patches of play. But they got the absolute basics mostly right, and that low bar was enough.

Throw a heap at Duncan as a UFA this year.

Go huge at Harris Andrews, Weitering or Taylor as a pre-agent

Do the same to Bont, Libba and Warner.

Need to get quality in to protect the youth. Will be hard though
Destination club!
It's going to cost a fair bit of coin to hold onto all their young midfielder's.

What I noticed was the number of elementary amateurish mistakes North consistently made - stuff that's supposed to get drilled out of you in junior footy.

e.g. When the ball was kicked into their forward line, every player flew for the mark, with basically nobody down waiting. Not only did this mean they all constantly spoiled each other, but it meant Hawthorn had 3 on 1 when the ball hit the deck. The number of times I saw Hawthorn just waltz it out of the backline because they had the numbers was ridiculous. The smaller blokes should wait for the crumb instead of trying to jump over the top of Larkey - it was ridiculous.

And make no mistake, Hawthorn played ordinary. They made some comical mistakes and had some very scrappy patches of play. But they got the absolute basics mostly right, and that low bar was enough.
And it shows on TV also. North are utterly amateurish in what they BOTH do and allow and are not only poorly performed but appear terribly organised.

You sound like you should get into coaching and are wasted just viewing the game . I think our main session is Wednesday , if you come down to help the boys out I'll gladly buy you a latte/hoy chocolate

Time for system changes. For next week id go with

FB: Hardeman, Zurhaar, Stephens
HB: Simpkin, Duursma, LDU
C: Fisher, McKercher, Powell
HF: Curtis, Comben, Lazarro
FF: Scptt, Larkey, Drury
R: Xerri, Sheezel, Wardlaw
I/C: Goater, Taylor, Tucker, George

It will get obliterated but atleast its different

i mean, what they need is a harley reid type, or a jhf type....imagine if they had both

very very poor club management, and given handouts left right and centre....still a mess
if i were a north supporter id be absolutely ropeable.....

Back