Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 5 - Cats v North Sun April 14th 1:00pm (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • North by 7- 20

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 34 77.3%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

When i say I have barely watched football this season, I mean other games. I used to watch most games each round but struggle with watching as a neutral these days which is silly - I know.

I watched today's game.

I am legit.

The thing is mate as one of my north supporting friends pointed out to me today, most of the players out there today will hit the 30-50 game mark around the same time and the improvement if it comes will be, or should be, rapid.

Or to put it another way, Geelong’s opposition so far has a combined 5-20 record.

They have Brisbane (away) Carlton, Melbourne, Port, GC (away) and GWS coming up. I think the next 6 weeks will be more instructive than the first 5 weeks in terms of Geelong’s finals hopes.

Guess we fluked the 2022 flag then?

Seriously, it's any wonder this club is continually written off by neutrals.

Watch Melbourne 2011-13 and you will see it doesn’t last forever. We were truly abysmal and embarrassing for years.
This is North's fifth straight year of being way worse than that. Or, so it looks right now. But North also haven't yet played anyone who probably won't be a top eight side (GWS, Freo, Carlton, Brisbane, Geelong any of those could be top six). Which for an all-time s**t team is a rough start.
The next few weeks (Hawthorn, Adelaide, St Kilda, Gold Coast, Essendon) might be a bit more instructive on how far behind the top 17 the team sits. Odds are only one or two those will play finals, so its the first string of tests against lower and mid-tier sides that maybe the truly crappest of the all-time crap can measure themselves against.
Hopefully won't get blown away in any of those, but Hawthorn is the only chance - and that a very remote one - of a win.

Or to put it another way, Geelong’s opposition so far has a combined 5-20 record.

They have Brisbane (away) Carlton, Melbourne, Port, GC (away) and GWS coming up. I think the next 6 weeks will be more instructive than the first 5 weeks in terms of Geelong’s finals hopes.
Have you seen our next two months?

Guess we fluked the 2022 flag then?

Seriously, it's any wonder this club is continually written off by neutrals.
You didn't fluke the 2022 flag. It was a very well deserved flag.

With relation to 2024, I want to see how you go in a solid run of tough games, as I'm sure as a Geelong supporter you do too. Then we'll be in a better position to assess Geelong's finals chances.

Back