Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 6 - North v Hawks Sun April 21st 4:00pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

i mean, what they need is a harley reid type, or a jhf type....imagine if they had both

very very poor club management, and given handouts left right and centre....still a mess
if i were a north supporter id be absolutely ropeable.....
They'd lose by 6 goals instead of 8

North seriously at this point are a bottom five VFL team. At best. I'd take the overs on a VAFL team against them at this point.

I was actually at the game with a North-supporting friend.

What I noticed was the number of elementary amateurish mistakes North consistently made - stuff that's supposed to get drilled out of you in junior footy.

e.g. When the ball was kicked into their forward line, every player flew for the mark, with basically nobody down waiting. Not only did this mean they all constantly spoiled each other, but it meant Hawthorn had 3 on 1 when the ball hit the deck. The number of times I saw Hawthorn just waltz it out of the backline because they had the numbers was ridiculous. The smaller blokes should wait for the crumb instead of trying to jump over the top of Larkey - it was ridiculous.

And make no mistake, Hawthorn played ordinary. They made some comical mistakes and had some very scrappy patches of play. But they got the absolute basics mostly right, and that low bar was enough.
pretty much sums it up, hawks were very average today and still waltzed it in......

I think we have to put it into perspective.. University lost 51 games in a row.. We've only lost 6 or so since our last win.. there just has to be hope;)

Lukoscious
Harrison Jones
Marchbank
Cunningham
Parfitt
Ben Ainswotth
Darcy McPherson
Isaac Cumming
Dougal Howard
Jack Hayes
Zak Jones
Alex Keath
Jedd Busslinger

Don't think North have much of a choice nee to split pick one for multiple picks and plug holes in defence and forward line and protect the youngsters

Back