Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 7 - Bombers v Pies Thurs April 25th 3:20pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 35.7%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Frustrating to not win when you belt them through the middle 43-3 points scored from clearances (with about 5-10min left).

Too many nervous nellies in our backline when the ball was loose: Redman, Laverde, Kelly, Hind. Part of that is Collingwood's pressure but there are a few repeat offenders.

Depends how you look at it. What’re the odds on someone like miochek shanking two simple kicks out in a row

Disposal efficiency 68%, five turnovers, 70% of disposals are cheapies in the back half.

Merrett was ok, but it is a joke he won the medal over far more deserving players.

I don't think I'd have given it to him but I think he was deserving enough. There wasn't really a standout to me, a lot of good players on the day but no one ahead of the pack.

If Langford had have kicked the last I'm 100% certain he would have got the medal. I would've been tempted to vote for him even after the miss, thought he was excellent (apart from one kick).

Just feels such an empty result, plus the added drama of a match going the extra 10 minutes.

But both teams came away with 2 points. We don't need to totally Americanise the sport.

Finals and Grand Finals I have no issues with extra time - as a definitive result is required.

It's a regular game, not a final. If you can't get it done in four quarters, a draw is a fitting result. Neither side was able to beat the other, and you don't need to get a result from a H&A game.
Clearly the players don't agree with you.

We just heard from the bloke who has disposed the ball more than anyone in the history of the game, say that extra time should be played. But what would he know. The keyboard warriors and armchair experts know better.

We just heard from the bloke who has disposed the ball more than anyone in the history of the game, say that extra time should be played. But what would he know. The keyboard warriors and armchair experts know better.

Yeah, I've only been watching the game for 35 years and pay the players wages - but what would I know right?

He also comes from an American/Basketball way of thinking which you appear to as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems too switched on for that

Maybe he could rise to the heights of being a Ch7 commentator, not sure he will be able to push out that great orator Jobe Watson

They set a very high bar for commentators at Ch7.

It's a regular game, not a final. If you can't get it done in four quarters, a draw is a fitting result. Neither side was able to beat the other, and you don't need to get a result from a H&A game.

Its his basketball background

If neither side is good enough to win during the allotted time in the game then 2 points each is the fairest way
Yeah draws aren't a problem they are quite rare. Split the points and move on, obviously finals is a different situation but even then it rare. I can only think of 3 since extra time was introduced. North vs hawthorn 94, Collingwood vs West coast 07 and Port vs West coast 2017. So three in 30 years.

But both teams came away with 2 points. We don't need to totally Americanise the sport.

Finals and Grand Finals I have no issues with extra time - as a definitive result is required.
'Americanise' I like to think of as 'borrow good aspects of other sports' (Doesn't always have to be American sports either)

I don't really have an opinion either way, but it was pretty clear that he said that as a half joke (complete with laugh at the end), not a statement on where he thinks the game should be changed.

Back