Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 4 - Tigers v Saints Sun April 7th 3:20pm AEST (Norwood)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Well he actually coached in 4 GFs including 1 replay(2010). And his teams scored only 1 goal to half time in 2 of the 4. So I guess that makes you 12.5% correct.
Apologise I got that completely wrong. Still just don't think his teams score enough. Even when he gets them going really well. But not as bad as I made out in my woefully inaccurate post.

Mate our draft pick is going to be great.

Just remember I’ll be here waiting to rub it in when you lose the final this year and get a s**t ass pick. 😄
The Cats have played

Saints
Crows
Hawks
Dogs

Only the Saints played finals last season. They get North next week too.

Tigers have played

Suns
Blues
Power
Swans
Saints

4 finalists in the first 5 rounds and we finished lower than them.

Good on them for winning their games.

I think these competitive losses and different kids showing different signs each week is just about the best case scenario for us this year.

We aren't contending, we pump games into players of the future, we maintain a strong end of year draft pick instead of finishing in no man's land.

We just need one ******* week where we don't lose a promising player to injury, and get some guys back so we can actually try and string together some cohesion with our preferred side moving forward.
I suspect you’ll do it tough for most of the year - injuries have compounding effect - look at that first gamer that went off - Injuries to senior players create a monster for a club.

2 - 2 and 103% with a significant injury and suspension list
Your guys almost blew it - but you’ve got a couple of very good backmen - reminded me of us when Rampe and Grundy were in their prime.

Where do you think the Saints are this year? Missing/making/winning finals?
It's a looooong season

Injuries and suspensions play a large part of any teams chances to play Finals and form ebbs and flows for most teams .... banking wins when you aren't playing well are gold

No reason why Saints can't play Finals like we did last year ... we are fixtured to play 8 out of our last 9 games at Marvel

No way, you are the kings of wasting players primes 😜

How many number 1 picks and Judd came and went achieving nothing before you finally look to be coming good?

Good example of a bad rebuild.

Thought we were closer than we were.

Couple of finals and straight back to the bottom.

I shudder at the thought of Malthouse coaching us.

No way, you are the kings of wasting players primes 😜

How many number 1 picks and Judd came and went achieving nothing before you finally look to be coming good?
Its a worrying list….

Kreuzer, Fev, Judd, Betts, Gibbs, Murphy, Walker, Simpson, Waite, Touhy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FMD, how many poor young kids have been drafted by your s**t, cheating club in the past 2 decades and done nothing?

Goddard was fortunate your disgraceful club was banned from the draft, at least he got to play in grand finals.
Much better to have a dealer and god knows how many on the gear - not to mention a child poisoner.

He came pretty darn close a couple of times.
He did but most of them were low scoring. I don’t mean to be rude but his style makes the game boring. He must make a killing on Sportsbet betting total score under 180 points or whatever it is.

He did but most of them were low scoring. I don’t mean to be rude but his style makes the game boring. He must make a killing on Sportsbet betting total score under 180 points or whatever it is.
Sure he’s not for everyone but if he won a flag for you, you wouldn’t care about the ‘boring footy’. And he was so close against the pies and the cats.

Tigers have shown positive signs this season. After the Suns game, I thought they were in for pain but have bounced back quite well against Carlton, Sydney and Saints. They just need to put 4 quarters of footy together and not 3 but Yze has impressed me.

It will be nice to actually play on an AFL sized ground at some stage rather than the toy grounds with no wings like Geelong and Norwood.

An ugly win for us but I will take it after that awful first half.

Norwood is a suburban ground and it felt like a suburban football game for the most part with a few AFL style highlights.
I like the idea of the Gather Round, and playing at suburban ovals, but it should exist outside of a professional competition.

Back