Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 4 - Suns v GWS Sunday April 7th 12:30pm AEST (Adelaide Hills)

Who will win and by how much?

• Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Goldcoast-vs-GWS.png

10th v 1st

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 4
GOLD COAST V GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY
SUNDAY APRIL 7TH 12:30PM AEST (ADELAIDE HILLS)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams
SUNS

B: B.Uwland, C.Ballard, S.Collins
HB: D.Swallow, W.Powell, M.Andrew
C: B.Fiorini, T.Miller - C, S.Clohesy
HF: B.Ainsworth, J.Walter, T.Berry
F: N.Holman, B.King, M.Rosas
FOLL: J.Witts, N.Anderson, M.Rowell

I/C (FROM): R.Atkins, S.Flanders, S.Day, J.Lukosius, B.Humphrey, W.Graham, D.Macpherson

IN: M.Andrew, S.Clohesy, M.Rosas, J.Witts, S.Day, B.Humphrey, E.Read, W.Graham, D.Macpherson
OUT: C.Budarick (Omitted), B.Ellis (Omitted), L.Casboult (Omitted), B.Long (Omitted), N.Moyle (Omitted), A.Sexton (Omitted)

GIANTS
B: H.Perryman, S.Taylor, C.Idun
HB: L.Whitfield, J.Buckley, L.Ash
C: J.Wehr, J.Kelly, F.Callaghan
HF: B.Daniels, J.Riccardi, T.Bedford
F: T.Greene - C, J.Hogan, C.Brown
FOLL: K.Briggs, S.Coniglio, T.Green

I/C (FROM): X.O’Halloran, H.Thomas, H.Himmelberg, A.Cadman, J.Peatling, R.Angwin, L.Keeffe

IN: N.Haynes, R.Angwin, L.Keeffe
OUT: Nil

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is why Suns brought in Hardwick. Can see him implementing a game plan which unsettles the Giants. Not sure Suns have the maturity to hang on though.
Reckon this game will be decided in the final 2 minutes.

This is why Suns brought in Hardwick. Can see him implementing a game plan which unsettles the Giants. Not sure Suns have the maturity to hang on though.
Reckon this game will be decided in the final 2 minutes.
Problem is - GWS essentially play the way Hardwick wants us (the Suns) to play and they unsurprisingly do it better than us right now. Dimma said as much after our pre-season game against the Giants and revealed it was a weird feeling to be coaching against a lot of his own tactics. I personally don't think we're ready to pull off a big upset at this point in the season, but I'd love to be wrong and walk away with a win that would really build belief within the four walls.

Unfortunately, I think we're playing the Giants too early in the season to geuinely compete with them for four quarters and I've got GWS winning by 30ish points. The reverse fixture in R19 could be a totally different story.

Year after year GWS spanks Suns by huge margins. I expect the same on Sunday. Playing Casboult ahead of Lukosius in forward line is hard to accept for me.

A lot of excitement between Suns fans with Dimma going all future chips in. It should be fun watching all that talent. I suspect result will be less enjoyable.

Interestingly, Daniel today on SEN said that Suns play the same system just less advanced. Not sure I can see it (yet, haha). I would be thrilled if down the track Suns play like GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of excitement between Suns fans with Dimma going all future chips in. It should be fun watching all that talent. I suspect result will be less enjoyable.

Interestingly, Daniel today on SEN said that Suns play the same system just less advanced. Not sure I can see it (yet, haha). I would be thrilled if down the track Suns play like GWS.
Dot worry the first few weeks under Kingers last year we didn’t see it either.

This shows how much this game means to Giants and Suns players and fans.

If it means so much (especially to fans), why are they playing it on gather round?

Surely this would be a chance to draw a decent crowd and build the rivalry by playing games at home and letting home grounds get involved.

As for the match itself....7 changes...That doesn't fill me with confidence. Giants by a couple.

If it means so much (especially to fans), why are they playing it on gather round?

Surely this would be a chance to draw a decent crowd and build the rivalry by playing games at home and letting home grounds get involved.

I see you’re new at this “taking the piss” and having a laugh.

It’s ok, it’s a learning process.

Hang on a sec .... who have Giants beaten so far this year? I'm waiting ...

Just to say, hold your horses, zip your pants, keep your shirt on. Let's see how we go when challenged by a top team in form. Until then, can't say much.

The coaching head to head will be fun. Giants seem to be cruisin, and Dimma may have something up his sleeve, if he too keeps his shirt on.

Just to say, hold your horses, zip your pants, keep your shirt on. Let's see how we go when challenged by a top team in form. Until then, can't say much.

The coaching head to head will be fun. Giants seem to be cruisin, and Dimma may have something up his sleeve, if he too keeps his shirt on.
Well there's Collingwood whom the match before won a flag, so...

The flag holders

Well there's Collingwood whom the match before won a flag, so...
Yeah, well, they were rubbish on that particular day, thus, I don't rate that win as much as others do.

Toby G is due for a big game. Looking forward to it.

Back