Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 7 - GWS v Lions Thurs April 25th 7:35pm AEST (Manuka)

Who will win and by how much?

• GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS-vs-Brisbane.png

3rd v 12th

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 7
GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY V BRISBANE LIONS
THURSDAY APRIL 25TH 7:35PM AEST (MANUKA OVAL)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams
GIANTS

B: H.Perryman, H.Himmelberg, C.Idun
HB: L.Whitfield, J.Buckley, L.Ash
C: J.Wehr, J.Kelly - C, F.Callaghan
HF: B.Daniels, A.Cadman, T.Bedford
F: J.Riccardi, J.Hogan, C.Brown
FOLL: K.Briggs, C.Ward, T.Green

I/C: X.O’Halloran, H.Thomas, L.Aleer, D.Jones, J.Peatling
EMG: T.McMullin, R.Angwin, M.Gruzewski

IN: D.Jones
OUT: T.Greene (Suspension)

LIONS
B: B.Starcevich, J.Payne, R.Lester
HB: D.Wilmot, H.Andrews - C, D.Gardiner
C: J.Fletcher, C.Rayner, J.Berry
HF: C.Cameron, E.Hipwood, H.McCluggage
F: L.McCarthy, J.Daniher, D.Zorko
FOLL: D.Fort, J.Dunkley, L.Neale

I/C: K.Lohmann, C.Ah Chee, C.McKenna, J.Tunstill, N.Answerth
EMG: J.Lyons, H.Smith, D.Joyce

IN: D.Fort, C.McKenna
OUT: O.McInerney (Injured), J.Lyons (Omitted)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:
Missing Taylor, Cogs, and most likely Greene and Hogan.

We will put up a fight but think it’ll be too big a hill to climb.
This one has become complicated to tip as these are not just a couple of important players and a few role players. They are without two of the star forwards this season, Cogs (very underrated in his importance and influence) and Taylor (one of, if not the best defender in the AFL). It's a genuine gut punch.

Having said that, Brisbane are not a good travelling team and have some patchy form.

It'll be a case where line-up wise, Brisbane probably look stronger. But can you trust them? Tippers beware.

This one has become complicated to tip as these are not just a couple of important players and a few role players. They are without two of the star forwards this season, Cogs (very underrated in his importance and influence) and Taylor (one of, if not the best defender in the AFL). It's a genuine gut punch.

Having said that, Brisbane are not a good travelling team and have some patchy form.

It'll be a case where line-up wise, Brisbane probably look stronger. But can you trust them? Tippers beware.
Some very important outs for Gws and we have been shocking this season in patches. But did I read somewhere we haven't lost at this venue? Maybe I'm wrong.

In saying that it's getting hard to get excited about games again. Especially against teams like GWS. I'm not expecting this to be close at all. Gws by 30.

Last time I checked, statistically we are a slightly above average travelling team, especially for a non vfl team that travels half the season.

The query is our form line and whether we will come out flat after playing in the slog with a 5 day break.

Statistically we are an above average travelling team, especially for a non vfl team that travels half the season.

The query is our form line and whether we will come out flat after playing in the slog with a 5 day break.
Unstoppable under the Dome, if I recall. Out in open land I find they often disappoint. That is, relative to expectation for a premiership contending side 2019 onwards.

Brisbane 2001-2004 was what I remember as a strong team on the road.

But you're right, I could have just said it in general terms that it being an away game makes it tough. I didn't have to be nasty.

Unstoppable under the Dome, if I recall. Out in open land I find they often disappoint. That is, relative to expectation for a premiership contending side 2019 onwards.

Brisbane 2001-2004 was what I remember as a strong team on the road.

But you're right, I could have just said it in general terms that it being an away game makes it tough. I didn't have to be nasty.

Your comments about our away record have upset me and ruined my day. Please do better Mr Meow.

McInerney out will help them.
They need some more mobility in the center of the ground.

Must win for Brisbane. Lose this and season is effectively finished.
Bit of pressure to get it done now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1713964538575.jpeg

In an attempt to rebrand and get their season back on track, Chris Fagan has been attempting to motivate the Lions by binge watching F-Troop with the team prior to and after training sessions. Fagan thought it would be a great bonding activity to give each player a T-shirt bearing his image on the front and F-Troop on the back. A number of Senior players refused to wear them.

Last edited:
McInerney out will help them.
They need some more mobility in the center of the ground.

Must win for Brisbane. Lose this and season is effectively finished.
Bit of pressure to get it done now.
Let’s see if the AFL (and the umpiring) agree with you tonight.

Historically the Lions own GWS, but you know what they say….

Brent Daniels as sub is a decision I don't quite get

Back