Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 6 - Lions v Cats Sat April 20th 7:30pm AEST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 44.1%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane-vs-Geelong.png

10th v 2nd

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 6

BRISBANE LIONS V GEELONG
SATURDAY APRIL 20TH 7:30PM AEST (GABBA)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams
LIONS

B: B. Starcevich, J. Payne, R. Lester
HB: D. Wilmot, H. Andrews - C, D. Gardiner
C: J. Fletcher, H. McCluggage, J. Berry
HF: C. Cameron, E. Hipwood, L. McCarthy
F: C. Rayner, J. Daniher, D. Zorko
FOLL: O. McInerney, J. Dunkley, L. Neale

I/C: K. Lohmann, C. Ah Chee, J. Lyons, J. Tunstill, N. Answerth
EMG: L. Morris, J. Prior, D. Fort

IN: J. Lyons
OUT: Z. Bailey (injured)

CATS

B: Z. Guthrie, S. De Koning, J. Kolodjashnij
HB: T. Stewart, J. Henry, M. Holmes
C: M. Blicavs, P. Dangerfield - C, M. Duncan
HF: B. Close, T. Stengle, G. Miers
F: J. Cameron, T. Hawkins, O. Henry
FOLL: T. Conway, J. Bowes, T. Bruhn

I/C: O. Dempsey, B. Parfitt, M. O’Connor, T. Atkins, J. Clark
EMG: S. Neale, C. O’Sullivan, R. Stanley

IN: J. Kolodjashnij, P. Dangerfield, T. Hawkins, T. Conway
OUT: C. O’Sullivan (Omitted), Z. Tuohy (Managed), S. Neale (Omitted), R. Stanley (Managed)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:

Massive game for Brisbane. 2-4 with GWS away to come would have their season hanging by a thread. 3-3 and things look not so bad.

It's a good test to see where Geelong is at but it also feels like a free swing at 5-0. I'd be ecstatic with a win and expect Brisbane to be too strong at home.

I think the biggest part of this will come down to what sort of Brisbane shows up on Saturday night, taking nothing away from Geelong who are deservedly 5-0. But if Brisbane can bring the performance of the first 3/4 quarters (especially the 82 tackles for the match) they did on Thursday night for the majority of the game, they're gonna be tough to beat at home.

I think the biggest part of this will come down to what sort of Brisbane shows up on Saturday night, taking nothing away from Geelong who are deservedly 5-0. But if Brisbane can bring the performance of the first 3/4 quarters (especially the 82 tackles for the match) they did on Thursday night for the majority of the game, they're gonna be tough to beat at home.
and mindset. are we still the hunters like thursday night? or will it be another nervy performance at home when we are the strong favourites?

Cats in a great spot as 5-0 so they have nothing to lose. they can bring a good pressure free performance especially if we are a bit nervy again.

i hope fagan really homes in on us being the hunters.

Last week I predicted Melbourne comfortably over Lions which did not go well.

This time I predict Lions comfortably at home. They are back in form and desperate to put more wins on the board. A bit of catching up.

Lions will have to put some time into Miers, he seems to get no attention from the opposition but has the best inside 50 entries in the game.

Will be interesting what we do. I don't think of our coaches as the types that tend to put time into players, but we did play Petracca very well on Thursday.

Stewart is the other one which will be interesting. If Charlie Cameron somehow gets off, I can't imagine Stewart goes to him again.

Lions will have to put some time into Miers, he seems to get no attention from the opposition but has the best inside 50 entries in the game.

Not sure how easy it is to go to a guy with his running power and intelligence in traffic. I think opponents should be dominating is in contested ball and clearances. If the call isn't coming out the front side of the stoppage Miers won't get that much dangerous ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm honestly just after a competitive showing in the midfield from us

You can only beat who you're against but Geelong have played St Kilda, Adelaide, Hawthorn, Dogs and Kangas so far. Will be interesting to see how they go. After us they have Carlton, Melbourne, Port, GC away and GWS, so, good they've banked a few wins.

Saying that Geelong have always gone alright at the Gabba.

Lions should be winning this at home. Strong sides - which they still are - don't drop more than a couple of games a season on their home turf. At 3-3 their season would be back on track.

The Cats might have Dangerfield and Hawkins back, but will need both to fire straight away if they're to have a chance.

Brisbane by a couple of goals. I'll be disappointed if Geelong don't make a good game of it.

Lions should be winning this at home. Strong sides - which they still are - don't drop more than a couple of games a season on their home turf. At 3-3 their season would be back on track.

The Cats might have Dangerfield and Hawkins back, but will need both to fire straight away if they're to have a chance.

Brisbane by a couple of goals. I'll be disappointed if Geelong don't make a good game of it.
Yeah I have not been pencilling this one down as a win but I think we can do alright keeping it tight

Yeah I have not been pencilling this one down as a win but I think we can do alright keeping it tight
One thing giving me hope is Brisbane aren't exactly the most capable at shutting down a fleet of capable small forwards.

They will still need the necessary amount and quality of supply though, which could be an issue.

It'll be another case where the opposition's top couple of midfielders rack up plenty of footy but if ours can make it tough and somewhat competitive between the 10 odd we rotate through there, we have a chance.

Geelong used to package up its season with AAA rated wins. Unfortunately this season their tranche is full of synthetic cdos which are made up of FFF wins against scrubs.

Time for the Lions short position to pay off.

Happy Christian Bale GIF

Lions have been scrubs though. If Geelong win it's only against a 2-4 side.

The lions are playing the long game this season with the new draft rules set to commence in 2025.

We have a number 1 pick f/s and several highly rated academy players so need to have enough points for one last draft rort.

We can’t lose.

Geelong easy fixture could hurt the Cats here Lions have one of the hardest fixtures to start the season this is the first real test for Geelong we’ll see if they are in fact a good team or the fixtures said a lot
Geelong are coming from 12th.

St Kilda was a real test. Adelaide was a real test. Bulldogs were a real test.

This week is simply coming up against a strong side that started poorly but has turned things around. It won't recalibrate the previous results as performance varies week to week.

Back