Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 6 - Eagles v Freo Sat April 20th 8:10pm AEST/6:10pm WST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 36 57.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching highlights this morning wow looks like the Eagles are back with a vengeance! Good to see getting smashed every week isn't fun and looks like the Eagles finally said enough is enough the last couple of weeks!
I think Hartley Reid is going to be the leagues best player sooner than we think. The guy is a star! has speed, agility, athleticism and can kick goals for fun. I can't remember a player who's bust on the sense so soon maybe Judd but that was a long time ago can't remember how strong his impact was early on.

Are you ok? You seem hell bent on downplaying the success of others and fans enjoying a rare win. Why?

The theatrics happen every derby. It the states regional cup.

Your overreacting and shouting at a cloud mate.

You could have changed the channel but didnt? Stop being a negative nancy.
Wait until he sees the post game theatrics on Thursday.

I thought it was a good win, and I’m actually glad West Coast is showing signs of life. I think the AFL is better when you’re up and about.

I just thought the theatrics after were over the top, and called it out.
You would have hated the post match shenanigans.

Saturday night .Perth stadium dazzling .50,000 Eagles supporters all drinking and celebrating and having a good time.It would have been awful

Dockers beat us by 100 pts last time we played, we haven't beaten them in yrs, we won 3 games last yr, with an avg losing margin of a metric s**t ton. So yep maybe over the top but for some of middle aged players that's one of the best wins we have had in years. Again I'm just excited we're playing competitive footy and actually turning up to play, its the first time we've won 2 in a row in 3 yrs.

you should live over here and have to put up with the dribble Kane Cornes, Mclure and even Brad Hardie has given us.
You are the delusional one.Are we going to see certain games in Melbourne not giving out a medal like the Anzac day game.
Typical Vicbiased comment

Is this the first derby you've watched? There is a medal awarded after the two inaugural captains and the trophy stays with the winner, I'm sure you guys have an Ablett medal and Geelong grammar trophy or some sht to go in your Selwood stand, via Ling road presented by Tom Hawkins cows.

And then again, WGAF what you think.

Post Derby presentations have been around for nearly 30 years, dunno why you’re making a big deal out of it.

You sound like you just started watching footy last year

They had won about half a dozen games over the past 2 seasons and just smashed Freo (who are one of the better teams this season) in the Derby. Add to that they have a 1st year player who looks like he is well on his way to being the best in the game, and have now won 2 games in a row (when did that last happen?), so why not celebrate this victory?

I just find comments like yours come from shiit posters.

Are you ok? You seem hell bent on downplaying the success of others and fans enjoying a rare win. Why?

The theatrics happen every derby. It the states regional cup.

Your overreacting and shouting at a cloud mate.

You could have changed the channel but didnt? Stop being a negative nancy.

You would have hated the post match shenanigans.

Saturday night .Perth stadium dazzling .50,000 Eagles supporters all drinking and celebrating and having a good time.It would have been awful
* me you West Coast fans are a precious lot.

"Oh know the big bad Cats fan thought the carry on of a Brownlow vote, trophy presentation and victory lap for a round 6 game was a bit much."

Anyone would think I said your club was s**t and should fold.

Mind you I never even mentioned the fans, I was only talking about the embarrassing ceremony afterwards, fans can celebrate all they like.

"Oh know the big bad Cats fan thought the carry on of a Brownlow vote, trophy presentation and victory lap for a round 6 game was a bit much."

Mind you I never even mentioned the fans, I was only talking about the embarrassing ceremony afterwards, fans can celebrate all they like.
"Oh know"

The kind of intellect on display here

I’ll give you a hint mate, it’s not just the Eagles fans that think you’re being a bit precious.

I’ll give you a hint mate, it’s not just the Eagles fans that think you’re being a bit precious.
What exactly have i said that offended all of you so greatly?

Say it clearly.

Because I have been accused of downplaying your win, I didn't.

I got accused of attacking your fans, I didn't.

The only thing I had a go at was the ceremony post match.

It was one comment about how i thought it was dumb that resulted in a West Coast pile on, and you really think it's me being precious?

Edit: Also to this stage the only non-West Coast fan to respond to any of my posts has been VinnieB, so really yes, as to now the only fans that seem to care about what I wrote are Eagles fans.

Last edited:
What exactly have i said that offended all of you so greatly?

Say it clearly.

Because I have been accused of downplaying your win, I didn't.

I got accused of attacking your fans, I didn't.

The only thing I had a go at was the ceremony post match.

It was one comment about how i thought it was dumb that resulted in a West Coast pile on, and you really think it's me being precious?
Do you say the same thing about the other local derbies? All of which feature the exact same post match proceedings?

and an ad hominem is the kind of intellect your displaying.
You aren't even arguing a coherent position though, just crying about an award ceremony as if it's the only home and away game with one, which it isn't. You mustn't watch much football or you'd realise that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But you have to admit, a lot of West Coast fans are quite precious and carry a chip on their shoulder. "Poor us" attitude. "VFL against us" mindset....its a completely self destructive and idiotic mindset.

hate to say it but the game is so much better when West Coast are back to the team they have always been.

The amount of money they will have in the upcoming years . . . they could build a handy team around Reid.

Could Harley Reid win a Brownlow and Norm Smith medals? Maybe multiple ones? Who knows. We wait and see.

Seems he will have a high ceiling. Could he reach the same heights as Martin and Ablett Jnr?

Could Harley Reid win a Brownlow and Norm Smith medals? Maybe multiple ones? Who knows. We wait and see.

Seems he will have a high ceiling. Could he reach the same heights as Martin and Ablett Jnr?

He'll be better than Martin. People look at his grand finals as if it references is his entire career but he was never one of the best in the game prior to 2017. It was always Dangerfield, Ablett, Fyfe, Franklin, these types.

You aren't even arguing a coherent position though, just crying about an award ceremony as if it's the only home and away game with one, which it isn't. You mustn't watch much football or you'd realise that.
What makes you think I am trying to convince you of anything?

I am calling you all out on your ridiculous over the top response to a throw away comment about the matches victory ceremony.
Do you say the same thing about the other local derbies? All of which feature the exact same post match proceedings?

To be honest I don't make a habit of watching matches beyond the final siren, once the song starts I'm out, so if they truly do go on to that degree then yes I would say the same thing about the presentations.

I know Kelli Underwood has copped it for her commentary recently, but Pavlich is a level below. So biased.

Was Pav commentating?

Hardly noticed.

I thought I saw him at the game later on talking with Longmire though.

Sad Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

He'll be better than Martin. People look at his grand finals as if it references is his entire career but he was never one of the best in the game prior to 2017. It was always Dangerfield, Ablett, Fyfe, Franklin, these types.

But Finals is when it truly matters most...does it not? Performances in Grand Finals/Finals, and any player who stands up during the most important part of the season (Finals footy) is pure gold I reckon.

Lots of players turn to water in Finals or at least their output isn't as effective. Martin went to another level in Finals.

Its a bit like horse racing, as a trainer if you have a stayer during the spring carnival, the aim (if good enough) is the Melbourne Cup...thats when it matters most. I know I know you're probably thinking..."two completely different sports " and I agree with you but you want your players firing when it matters most.

I reckon sometimes we put a bit too much emphasis on Home And Away footy. Yes Home And Away footy is important - it helps build and shape the ladder for finals footy, it shapes the Brownlow medal, it shapes the Coleman medal winner and help shapes the Brownlow medal and other individual awards, but Finals Footy is another beast, another pressure....it goes up quite a few notches - expectations from the media and supporters rises (rightly so).

Finals Footy means so much more. If you're a West Coast fan, you're hoping Harley Reid in time can step up when it matters most. So far he looks very good.

Overreating much?

Yep.

And you keep going.......lol.

The fact that your mob lost a GF, and a lot of your supporters are claiming THIS is your "worst loss ever", is very damning as a club.

Stop looking at Big Brother's back and aim higher.
In terms of pain? The GF. In terms of where these clubs are supposedly at? Inexcusable. Non-performance for 3/4 against a team that's won 7 games over the last three years, for a team that was unlucky to not be 5-0 heading in.

Enjoy the win, Eagles played fantastically

What makes you think I am trying to convince you of anything?

I am calling you all out on your ridiculous over the top response to a throw away comment about the matches victory ceremony.

To be honest I don't make a habit of watching matches beyond the final siren, once the song starts I'm out, so if they truly do go on to that degree then yes I would say the same thing about the presentations.
So basically you called west coast out for something that every other club also does, and when everyone else pointed that out to you since you haven't figured it out, then it's a ridiculous over the top response :drunk:

Back