Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 4 - Dogs v Cats Sat April 6th 8:10pm AEDT (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Dogs by a lot

• Cats by a lot

• Draw

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs-vs-Geelong.png

7th v 4th

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 4
WESTERN BULLDOGS V GEELONG
SATURDAY APRIL 6TH 8:10PM AEDT (ADELAIDE OVAL)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams
BULLDOGS

B: B.Dale, L.Jones, B.Williams
HB: L.Bramble, B.Khamis, J.Johannisen
C: H.Gallagher, A.Treloar, O.Baker
HF: R.Sanders, A.Naughton, C.Weightman
F: R.West, J.Ugle-Hagan, L.Vandermeer
FOLL: T.English, M.Bontempelli - C, T.Liberatore

I/C: S.Darcy, C.Daniel, T.Duryea, J.Macrae, E.Richards
EMG: C.Poulter, J.O’Donnell, R.Lobb

IN: E.Richards
OUT: C.Poulter (omitted)

CATS
B: T.Stewart - C, S.De Koning, J.Kolodjashnij
HB: Z.Guthrie, J.Henry, M.Holmes
C: Z.Tuohy, T.Bruhn, M.Duncan
HF: B.Close, T.Stengle, T.Hawkins
F: J.Cameron, G.Miers, O.Henry
FOLL: R.Stanley, T.Atkins, M.Blicavs

I/C: O.Dempsey, B.Parfitt, J.Clark, M.O’Connor, J.Bowes
EMG: O.Mullin, T.Conway, S.Mannagh

IN: Z.Tuohy, R.Stanley
OUT: T.Conway (Managed), O.Mullin (Omitted)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:
From last time

In: Blicavs Bruhn Cameron J.Henry Clark Close Hawkins Duncan
Out: Bews Clohesy Dangerfield Knevitt Menegola Neale Smith Stanley(?)

The Dogs are absolutely a finals contender, although they'll be marked as another soft kill if Geelong get up.

It's a pretty important game for the Cats. Win and a 5-0 start looms with North Melbourne coming to Geelong a week later. Lose and it's back to the middle pack.

Should be a close one with Geelong's forwards proving a bit too much for Bulldogs defenders to handle.

I wonder with the inclusion of Macrae, (and no Dangerfield), we see Bontempelli spend heavy minutes up forward to try and stretch the Cats defense.

De Koning and Henry are forming a pretty solid duo. Ugle-Hagan and Naughton will find it difficult to get off the leash. Could very well see Stewart and Bontempelli matched up against one another Two of the best players in the competition at their respective positions.

Have a feeling Cats pull up short after a decent workout on a wet track on top of a 5 day turnaround. Bulldogs to win by 13 points.

I wonder with the inclusion of Macrae, (and no Dangerfield), we see Bontempelli spend heavy minutes up forward to try and stretch the Cats defense.

De Koning and Henry are forming a pretty solid duo. Ugle-Hagan and Naughton will find it difficult to get off the leash. Could very well see Stewart and Bontempelli matched up against one another Two of the best players in the competition at their respective positions.

Have a feeling Cats pull up short after a decent workout on a wet track on top of a 5 day turnaround. Bulldogs to win by 13 points.

Cats have a pretty good record at AO..

From last time

In: Blicavs Bruhn Cameron J.Henry Clark Close Hawkins Duncan
Out: Bews Clohesy Dangerfield Knevitt Menegola Neale Smith Stanley(?)

The Dogs are absolutely a finals contender, although they'll be marked as another soft kill if Geelong get up.

It's a pretty important game for the Cats. Win and a 5-0 start looms with North Melbourne coming to Geelong a week later. Lose and it's back to the middle pack.

Should be a close one with Geelong's forwards proving a bit too much for Bulldogs defenders to handle.
Great points, but you've buried the lead

....does Bailey wear his Geelong scarf to the game?

Cats have a pretty good record at AO..

I know but this is really the Dogs season to be honest. They failed against Melbourne after all the talk they were up for it during the summer break.
Now come Geelong, a team they have always had trouble against and it will really get their season rolling if they get the win.

They lose this, against a team in transition phase and really, they are in no mans land all over again for another year.

The Dogs are absolutely a finals contender,

A tad early to be making that sort of statement, IMO, although at AO they're more a chance than they are playing against the Cats in Vic

A tad early to be making that sort of statement, IMO, although at AO they're more a chance than they are playing against the Cats in Vic
Fair enough.

Before the season I did mark the Bulldogs to join the Cats as climbers into the top 8. But I also went with Adelaide instead of Freo so I'd like to get 2/3 right!

The defensive aspect of midfield and the actual defence are two iffy areas for the Dogs. From an attacking sense - midfield and beyond - they are dynamite.

I don't think they have to win this one to prove finals credentials. But if they do a few will jump on the bandwagon.

Normally these are a bit easier to pick, if this was at GMHBA Geelong by 20 if it was at Marvel I would pick Dogs by 20.
11W 7L all time v WB at Docklands.
7-3 from our last 10.

If the midfield who showed up against Gold Coast show up, then I can see us just pipping the Cats, barely. They are our bunny-team that's for sure and wouldn't surprise me if they win this one in a very close-finishing fashion.

Hardest game of the round to pick, but every time I've tipped the Dogs they've lost so I'm tipping the Cats by a goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we are not as wasteful with our inside 50s as we were on Sunday, we will win by 3-4 goals.

Geelong have always matched up well on us but if we are even half serious about doing anything this year, we should beat them.

I think Geelong off a short break after a slog in the wet is the issue for the cats, if both teams were off the same break Geelong probably win imo.
Hard to get a real line on the Dogs so early in the season when they lost their first test against a potential top 4 team in Melbourne badly, but then battered teams you would expect to finish low in the table at home.

I don't think the Cats were all that impressive on Monday. Obviously the conditions didn't help but I doubt Scott would have been happy with the performance.

6 day break after a hard wet slog with a 45 min delay + travel is going to be a factor.

Interestingly the Cats have lost the clearance count in every game so far this year (understandably with a depleted midfield) but have gone on to win the game each time.

Can see something similar happening here with the Doggies getting on top in the middle but the Cats rebounding defence and stellar forward line getting them home.

Interestingly the Cats have lost the clearance count in every game so far this year (understandably with a depleted midfield) but have gone on to win the game each time.

Can see something similar happening here with the Doggies getting on top in the middle but the Cats rebounding defence and stellar forward line getting them home.
We lost the clearance count against West Coast 37-28 and centre clearances 13-6.
I don't think clearances are the indicator of success they were 5 years ago. It's all about quality of ball movement now.

Game 250 for Mark Blicavs as well.

Should be a good game between two teams in solid form. Winner should be in the top four at the end of the round, potentially top two for Geelong.

From Geelong's side it's looking like a pretty brutal run from here to mid-season and we're going to find out a fair bit about what they're made of over the next month or two. The extra day's break and a training run under the roof against West Coast could help the Dogs.

Dangerfield, Guthrie and Rohan are Geelong's current recognised outs and none will be ready for Saturday, presumably a couple of players managed. Bowes was the sub on Easter Monday and I think he's good to go for a full game. Depending on who misses this game, guessing the ins will come from the players who featured in round 2 (Mannagh, Knevitt, Tuohy, Stanley) or Bews or Neale who've been kicking around in the twos. I have a bit of a funny feeling that this game might be the right stage for an 'out of nowhere' debut.

A win would be absolutely huge for the Cats, but I think the Dogs will get up here.

This is going to be a challenge for Geelong. Midfield full of kids who look good in patches but can't sustain it, up against one of the best midfields in the business.

If we can get the entries we can put a score on but I think we'll see large runs of clean entries for the dogs when our kids inevitably tire out.

Big task for Jack Henry against JUH and our defensive mids Atkins and Parfitt.

Back