Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 4 - Freo v Blues Sat April 6th 4:20pm AEDT (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • Carlton by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 20 26.7%
  • Carlton by 7 - 20

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Carlton by a lot

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry remind me, where are your AFL cups again?

Memory seems to be giving out on me

So you’re 1 Flags to the blues, 0 to Dockers, not too much to gloat about.
If your talking State leagues pre AFL then it’s 15 for the Blues, and depending which side of the fence you sit it’s 14 if your a South Freo supporter or 29 if you followed East Fremantle.
So we’ve well and truely got you there.
And before you answer back with the quality of leagues, in the last 20 years of State of Origin (1976-1996) the results were 10 wins Vic, 7 wins WA.
Pretty damn close.
Shits me to tears when people bring up number of flags as an argument for the success of their team without looking at the actual history of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

"clearly" :tearsofjoy:

Needed a super slo mo replay to even see his upper slightly ripple as the ball went passed, we're expecting umps to call that in real time are we? Or possibly just take Freo's word for it?
Just like a catch in the slips cricket style.

Also not thst it makes a difference, but the dissent being paid where it happened is a farce. Surely it should go back to the middle.
Agree, I can't believe its still a thing. Pay the free fine but yeah kick should be taken from the middle (and teams hold the 6-6-6 until ball is kicked or play on called).

Too big a penalty to have another free shot for goal without the ball being bounced or any play, feels very off always has.

Last edited:
The actual mistake was not paying Treacy that mark he held for atleast 3 seconds before some Carlton player knocked it away. As clear a mark as you will see
Treacy dropped the mark unopposed. Even the commentator noted that during and after the game. Add to that they also pointed out that Jackson stuffed up that last hitout. The slow mo of the ball hitting Aish's arm only came available on the Sunday. FACTS.

A little postscript anecdote for you.

I was driving out of the Perth CBD early this morning, pulled up for a red light and there's this derro looking guy holding up a cardboard sign. The usual stuff: homeless, need help, meds, etc. I was going to ignore him when he yells out GO THE DOCKERS!

I had my wallet handy so I pulled out five bucks and called him over. GO THE DOCKERS he yells on approach. Nah mate, says I, I'm a Carlton fan, that's for the dodgy call a fortnight back that cost you the game. He laughed, took the money and yelled out another GO THE DOCKERS!

I hope he's OK after today's derby loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back