Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 4 - Freo v Blues Sat April 6th 4:20pm AEDT (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • Carlton by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 20 26.7%
  • Carlton by 7 - 20

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Carlton by a lot

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeepers. What a dumpster fire.

We had the opportunity to discuss a pretty spectacular game and it's unique closing events, yet we went down this road instead.

How disappointing. Apologies to the peeps on here who were engaging in the topic with me, but I'm out. Waste of time now.

Let assume it was at the umpire.

Was it that "idiot" was the offending word? Or that he used an expletive?

I'm not sure what is worse. That the expletive (one of many) was singled out (and we pretend no other player swore at any stage of the game), or that "Idiot" so offended him that he ****ed up a game of professional sport to get his small man revenge.

You decide.
It depends entirely on context.

We don't know what was said immediately after the Cottrell mark was paid, by anyone. We do know that no small amount of things were said; we do not know if the umpire uttered the words: "Okay, that's enough. Next thing said in that direction is a dissent free kick." towards a group of Fremantle footballers.

If Clark then proceeded to call the umpire an idiot - mild or not - he deserves what he got and so do Fremantle.
Definitely doesn’t pass the sniff test BUT just release the audio.

Clark has made his claim.

Umpires have admitted they’re unsure what was even said, only that it was demonstrative.

Once again, easy to sort this out.

To quote Anthony Edwards ‘send da video’
tl;dr.

Jeepers. What a dumpster fire.

We had the opportunity to discuss a pretty spectacular game and it's unique closing events, yet we went down this road instead.

How disappointing. Apologies to the peeps on here who were engaging in the topic with me, but I'm out. Waste of time now.
It's why only rarely is the main board worth the trouble.

a decision by a grown man to mouth off at an umpire
And he's paid a lot because he is apparently a professional player who knows NOT to do that sort of thing!

It depends entirely on context.

We don't know what was said immediately after the Cottrell mark was paid, by anyone. We do know that no small amount of things were said; we do not know if the umpire uttered the words: "Okay, that's enough. Next thing said in that direction is a dissent free kick." towards a group of Fremantle footballers.

If Clark then proceeded to call the umpire an idiot - mild or not - he deserves what he got and so do Fremantle.

tl;dr.

I assumed my 5 lines was too long for you to read…

I'll make you a deal: you read my post, and I'll respond to yours.
I’ll pass.
The offer was enticing, but I’m near certain it will be full of ridicule. Posters who respond to every line with their own analysis aren’t doing it to show support!

I’ll pass.
The offer was enticing, but I’m near certain it will be full of ridicule. Posters who respond to every line with their own analysis aren’t doing it to show support!
It's a fair summation to describe your post as ridiculous.

If you think the AFL actually give a s**t about how this looks - beyond their ability to ensure it's forgotten by Wednesday this week - you're inviting further ridicule.

They want the drama. If they didn't, why on EARTH would you set up the rules of the game to be so wildly interpretative?

It's a fair summation to describe your post as ridiculous.

If you think the AFL actually give a s**t about how this looks - beyond their ability to ensure it's forgotten by Wednesday this week - you're inviting further ridicule.

They want the drama. If they didn't, why on EARTH would you set up the rules of the game to be so wildly interpretative?
Yeah I’m just venting buddy.

Was a controversial finish. There’s some opportunity for discussion around it.

Enjoy the win. Good luck this season.

Which free kick was incorrect?
None of them.
According to the article your players weren’t happy with the lack of frees Amiss got….and our players could have the same concerns about Curnow not getting any with 2 or 3 players hanging off him.
It’s a ridiculous excuse to use for Clarks behaviour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None of them.
According to the article your players weren’t happy with the lack of frees Amiss got….and our players could have the same concerns about Curnow not getting any with 2 or 3 players hanging off him.
It’s a ridiculous excuse to use for Clarks behaviour.

I was talking about the 6 free's fremantle did get.

and front on contract, with chopping the arms is not a free. Ok, brilliant.

I was talking about the 6 free's fremantle did get.

and front on contract, with chopping the arms is not a free. Ok,
Of course, naturally Freo's were all there, haha, but, hey, if Carlton get a dodgy one.....

One HTB was clearly handballed and was basically no more than a bump. That's for starters. So don't complain. What comes round goes round. Enjoy your loss. We might get the violin out for Freo supporters....haha.

Bruh

Take the L and ******* move on

No amount of complaining, providing evidence is gonna change s**t

Its happened before and it will happen another million times

Back