Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 4 - Dogs v Cats Sat April 6th 8:10pm AEDT (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Dogs by a lot

• Cats by a lot

• Draw

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bruhn seems to fade out of matches too. And when he’s up and about the midfield looks a lot more dangerous.
Just endurance for him.

Midfield is kids in Clark, Holmes, Bruhn, & occasionally Dempsey, to go with foot soldiers in Parfitt, Atkins, & Stanley.

Bowes I thought had a quality game though, and has looked up to it everytime we've played him in the guts.

We'll take 4-0 everyday of the week running with that with Danger & Guthrie out.

Bulldogs should have been put away about 5 times.

Cats playing with their food tonight. Theme of the season so far.

Would be nice to put one of these mediocre sides to the sword.
Agree, but I'd hate to be dominating in April too.

4-0 while barely getting out of second gear is the ideal start. Bank the wins, and iron out the kinks for when it matters.

Just endurance for him.

Midfield is kids in Clark, Holmes, Bruhn, & occasionally Dempsey, to go with foot soldiers in Parfitt, Atkins, & Stanley.

Bowes I thought had a quality game though, and has looked up to it everytime we've played him in the guts.

We'll take 4-0 everyday of the week running with that with Danger & Guthrie out.

Maybe Guthrie can go behind the ball on his return as to ease him back into it?
He was a terrific defender in his early days.

Maybe Guthrie can go behind the ball on his return as to ease him back into it?
He was a terrific defender in his early days.
I think we trialled him a bit there really early in the year last year before the turf toe. Wouldn't mind it.

Could help release Holmes a bit more too, and we know Scott loves his chess pieces to play multiple positions.

Fair dinkum, how on Earth does Cripps and Neale have Brownlow medals and Bont does not?????
A superior player to both and has been for nearly a decade.
Because Cripps and Neale don't have other good players on their team... hence why they haven't won a premiership and the Dogs have.

That one doesn’t count
Does for us, broke a 20-year winning sequence at KP. Naughton is strange, so much potential and promise but he doesn't seem to be involved as much as he should at his stage of his career. JUH though and Darcy, two young KP guns, they will be long term stars for the Dogs.

Because Cripps and Neale don't have other good players on their team... hence why they haven't won a premiership and the Dogs have.

Not sure about that.
Dogs midfield in 2016 wasn't a stand out. Boyd was a star but the rest were young.
Bont's stood out from day one.
He should have won it last year in a canter but suspicious votes in the final round cost him a well deserved Charlie.

Good game.

Geelong's defence is too good. Always in position with players in the right spots
They give away nothing. They make you earn every goal. They use the ball well too on the way out.

Jeremy Cameron was huge.

Had he kicked straight that could have been one of the best roaming key forward efforts since Carey’s peak

Had he kicked straight that could have been one of the best roaming key forward efforts since Carey’s peak
Yep, if Cameron's kicking was more precise he would've been a clear BOG. Was still close to our best player - 12 score involvements and 27 disposals as a roaming CHF. Had a couple of dicey moments in the last but then steadied the ship with two strong marks after.

Not sure about that.
Dogs midfield in 2016 wasn't a stand out. Boyd was a star but the rest were young.
Bont's stood out from day one.
He should have won it last year in a canter but suspicious votes in the final round cost him a well deserved Charlie.

When Wines won it was worse 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was at Southern stand so all the action was near to me in the last quarter.

As you all know, WB smashed the cats in that quarter. Bont and co were just phenomenal. Imo, there was a pivotal moment - that miss from JUH.

I'm confident that if he kicked that goal, it wasn't difficult, the dogs would have won the ball back, because they were winning everything.

JUH is iffy under pressure as we all know. He reminds me of Michael OLoughlan - MickeyO used to get wobbly but he became a consistent kicker.

When Wines won it was worse 🤣
No it wasn't. Last year was a joke. Wines just got votes because there was no one else to give them to, not cos he had a better year. 2023 was a farce because neale was getting votes over players he just shouldn't have. Honestly the last brownlow they got right was dusty. If bont wasn't involved I would hardly remember a single winner since then, they've been forgettable

Bulldogs could be anything as we all know they just some how don’t get it done.

Khamis and Jones were amazing today they held it together for the dogs.

Zuthrie had a great attack on the football and so many save the day moments from Stewart as usual.

No it wasn't. Last year was a joke. Wines just got votes because there was no one else to give them to, not cos he had a better year. 2023 was a farce because neale was getting votes over players he just shouldn't have. Honestly the last brownlow they got right was dusty. If bont wasn't involved I would hardly remember a single winner since then, they've been forgettable
No one to give them to?

Travis Boak got 25 votes that season. More votes than anyone outside of Bont at the Dogs. More votes than anyone else at Melbourne outside of Oliver.

Wines won it because he had a better year.

Bulldogs could be anything as we all know they just some how don’t get it done.

Khamis and Jones were amazing today they held it together for the dogs.

Zuthrie had a great attack on the football and so many save the day moments from Stewart as usual.
Khamis was brilliant but the sort of player only Geelong can turn into a superstar.

Take Zuthrie out and we lose. Stewart had some outstanding moments but then a few where it didn't come off. It's handy to have a deputy around in the same backline.

Some of the goals he is kicking is similar to the way Ablett Sr kicked them as a roaming half forward. Getting involved up the field and then making something out of nothing on the way to goal.

He needs to feast on the Kangaroos next week like Curnow does against the bottom tier teams.

Still a kid still in terms of actual AFL experience bare in mind barely played for GWS when he did was not in the middle. This year has been the first full year he’s been a mid although last year he played many games there
He's 21 and is almost now he teams key mid.
Will in time build a tank.

I'd sooner have Bruhn with his upside than Hopper

He's 21 and is almost now he teams key mid.
Will in time build a tank.

I'd sooner have Bruhn with his upside than Hopper
If last night proved anything, though, it's that elite mids kick goals.
I'm surely not the only Cats fan thinking that the flag this year is wide open to be pinched. I suspect there isn't a better set of defenders and forwards than Geelong's, but that midfield ... without Danger and Guthrie it simply isn't a scoreboard threat.

If we do go deep into September this year, it will be off the back of a bunch of scrappers in the middle hanging in there for dear life, like tonight, and still getting smashed at times.

Back