Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 9 - Dockers v Swans Fri May 10th 8:30pm AEST/6:30pm WST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Given how much goal kicking is a mental thing, how much of a pass do we give the Dockers based on the circumstances?

Not sure that’s a factor. Most of the scores are from players who wouldn’t have been at the club when he was there, and for those who have I’d be surprised if that was an issue.

That said, who knows what the impact is. It’s a tragic death of a young man and maybe it filtered through the group.

Might want to compare the age and experience of the two sides if you really want your answer. we're at opposite ends of the spectrum. Of course, your post was just a thinly-veiled "gee how good are the Swans" flex and that's fine. They are good, we're a year or two away at least.
Year or two you say ? Might want to re evaluate that :)

The Swans Swarm, they look like they have more players on the ground.

Freo getting a reality check against a Top 4 team who are probably the premiership favourites now.

The Swans just beat GWS, Melbourne and Geelong are stumbling, Carlton still aren't convincing, the Saints are a dark horse.

Saints are a dark horse? Not many things surprise me these days but gee whizz.

7.16 collectively in the second half. Seven ******* goals in perfect weather from two supposedly good teams.

I’m not sure how much of this s**t we can deal with as neutrals. A few years back I watched most games, now it’s down to maybe half of them and even then that doesn’t feel warranted.

Freo games in particular are atrocious. I don’t know what Longmuir and his team think they’re doing but they’re way, way off what’s required.

hopeless by Clark. getting tagged by a plodder like Jordon. bad for my fantasy team too :)
Jordon is fast becoming a cult hero at the Swans. In the past month has completely shut down Anderson, Whitfield and Clarke while doing a bit of damage the other way too.

Can't believe you let him walk.

Freo getting a reality check against a Top 4 team who are probably the premiership favourites now.

The Swans just beat GWS, Melbourne and Geelong are stumbling, Carlton still aren't convincing, the Saints are a dark horse.
1st off I agree Freo got a reality check tonight.

Swans are not the premiership favorites, they are one of them.

4.15.39 was a horrible scoreline tonight. I say that it was an off night.

But at least Freo kicked 15.13.103 vs Richmond last round and 14.11.95 vs the dogs the round before that.

You also said saints are a dark horse. Based on what? I am not convinced on the saints in that front.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jordon is fast becoming a cult hero at the Swans. In the past month has completely shut down Anderson, Whitfield and Clarke while doing a bit of damage the other way too.

Can't believe you let him walk.
back flankers are extremely easy to tag. He won't have a job next week as there's no easy tag targets at Carlton.

Jordon is an average footy player. More than happy to let him go.

Huh ? Saints ? Huh ?
You are rating St Kilda the 2nd best team of this lot ? Please...

Hey didn’t you hear though they beat the premiership heavyweights North last week! They are barely certainties of winning tomorrow let alone a title chance

back flankers are extremely easy to tag. He won't have a job next week as there's no easy tag targets at Carlton.

Probably goes to whoever we want to shut down doesn’t have to be a flanker

1st off I agree Freo got a reality check tonight.

Swans are not the premiership favorites, they are one of them.

4.15.39 was a horrible scoreline tonight. I say that it was an off night.

But at least Freo kicked 15.13.103 vs Richmond last round and 14.11.95 vs the dogs the round before that.

You also said saints are a dark horse. Based on what? I am not convinced on the saints in that front.

Richmond are a certainty for bottom four. My team might not finish bottom four, but our defense is absolutely bottom four worthy.

Personally, I’d avoid using performances against those two teams as evidence of offensive quality.

Why don't teams shut Clark down every week then if it's so easy ?

Last edited:

Saints? be lucky to make the 8

Pies will be up there contending and you didn't mention them.

Back