Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 6 - Lions v Cats Sat April 20th 7:30pm AEST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 44.1%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh boy you went with the David King route?

Buddy, you’re about 5 years late to “TOO OLD TOO SLOW” “GEELONG ARE COOKED”

Blah blah blah

At this point, just accept your biased hatred and keep walking.
Give it time, Some humility would look good on your club. The supporters certainly need it.

Give it time, Some humility would look good on your club. The supporters certainly need it.

We tried it.
We tried the ‘we will see.’ We tried the ‘ok you’re entitled to your opinion but we are entitled to ours and we will stick up for our club and so far the evidence has been that we are doing ok. It’s been 5 years and we are still up after everyone thought we were gone after Gazza left and Bomber left.’

That turned into 7 years.

That turned into 10 years.

Then it just turned into a joke. Every year. Literally every year. ‘The cliff is here and it won’t be pretty. Player x is S**t mate.’

Just saying ‘ok that’s fair that you think that but with respect we think he’s ok and can do a job for us and we don’t need high draft picks to keep competing.’

And at the end of that season a little bit of a feisty ‘well ok we didn’t win but we told you so - we are still here’ was always greeted with ‘hahahaha you are s**t you didn’t win the comp you’re on the way out.’

So again naturally Cats fans would be a bit miffed: ‘hang on, we didn’t say we would win the comp, but everyone told us we would be down the bottom of it, and we just finished in the top four. Again.’

That turned into 15 years and in the 16th, we won the comp on the back of 16 straight wins, in ANOTHER season where everyone said we couldn’t do it.

Off the back of that we lose one of our greatest ever players to retirement and obviously the end is near for some other players so we look to the future and we are told ‘this player is s**t, that player is s**t, these guys will be s**t without the older guys.’

We have a down season and we’re told ‘it’s all over, welcome to the abyss.’

And now we are 6-0 and all those apparently poor players or younger guys who we are told will be useless without the senior guys, are the ones doing all the work.

Basically, if people would stop. F**king. Making. Stupid. Predictions. And getting them wrong year after year, there’d be no issue.

It’s not hard to go ‘hmmm I’ll hold off on Geelong, they’re like the Melbourne Storm, they just find ways to compete.

Do you not see why we like rubbing people’s faces in it when they write us off?

We tried it.
We tried the ‘we will see.’ We tried the ‘ok you’re entitled to your opinion but we are entitled to ours and we will stick up for our club and so far the evidence has been that we are doing ok. It’s been 5 years and we are still up after everyone thought we were gone after Gazza left and Bomber left.’

Then it just turned into a joke. Every year. Literally every year. ‘The cliff is here and it won’t be pretty. Player x is S**t mate.’

Just saying ‘ok that’s fair that you think that but with respect we think he’s ok and can do a job for us and we don’t need high draft picks to keep competing.’

And at the end of that season a little bit of a feisty ‘well ok we didn’t win but we told you so - we are still here’ was always greeted with ‘hahahaha you are s**t you didn’t win the comp you’re on the way out.’

So again naturally Cats fans would be a bit miffed: ‘hang on, we didn’t say we would win the comp, but everyone told us we would be down the bottom of it, and we just finished in the top four. Again.’

That turned into 15 years and in the 16th, we won the comp on the back of 16 straight wins, in ANOTHER season where everyone said we couldn’t do it.

Off the back of that we lose one of our greatest ever players to retirement and obviously the end is near for some other players so we look to the future and we are told ‘this player is s**t, that player is s**t, these guys will be s**t without the older guys.’

And now we are 6-0 and all those apparently poor players or younger guys who we are told will be useless without the senior guys, are the ones doing all the work.

Basically, if people would stop. F**king. Making. Stupid. Predictions. And getting them wrong year after year, there’d be no issue.

It’s not hard to go ‘hmmm I’ll hold off on Geelong, they’re like the Melbourne Storm, they just find ways to compete.

He's a Lions supporter. Odds are he just jumped on 5 years ago when the Broncos sucked.

This whole cliff prediction is a new phenomenon for him. He doesn't realise he's about 15 years late to the party.

He's a Lions supporter. Odds are he just jumped on 5 years ago when the Broncos sucked.

This whole cliff prediction is a new phenomenon for him. He doesn't realise he's about 15 years late to the party.
Bud I've been supporting my club for 17 years, I don't watch Rugby League. You guys are more illiterate than Collingwood supporters because you completely missed the part where I said eventually. Could be next year, could be 2036, either way the lean years will come. I'm not going to indulge this any further with you guys, you clearly aren't intelligent enough to engage with.

Last edited:
Stuck a nerve....

Nah dude we called you on your bullshit,
You started by throwing shots because your team played like s**t and you can't accept they were beaten.
I have accepted it, congratulations on the win. Enjoy them whilst you can.

We tried it.

Bravo, great post 👏

I had an argument with a Crows fan on Reddit during the pre-season after I posted something along the lines of us being a strong chance to return to finals this year.

This person called me crazy, said we were bottom 4 certainties and spoon contenders, said we’d be lucky to win five games all season, said the Crows would beat us by 10+ goals in round two (lol).

I responded along the lines of - Cameron, Stewart, Blicavs etc are still AA level players at the top of their game, our youth is sneaky good even if you’re not paying attention, we will get AA midfielder Cam Guthrie back, we were ravaged by injuries last year and were still a finals chance with a couple of games to go, we actually weren’t that far off the mark last year (lost two close games to the Pies, lost to the Lions away by less than two goals, beat Melbourne and Port…).

This person dismissed all of that and said we have the worst youth in the league 😂

I’m not saying we are going to win the flag this year but we are already proving people wrong - again! - and it’s fun watching people’s heads explode.

I’m not saying we are going to win the flag this year but we are already proving people wrong - again! - and it’s fun watching people’s heads explode.

This! Spot on! I had us finishing 7th and still do.
We aren't saying we'll win the flag, we are saying people that had us bottom 4 were nuts.

Back