Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 7 - Tigers v Demons Wed April 24th 7:25pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 39 58.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dees want to hope Gawn never gets injured, 33 this year. Carrying the dees each week.
Goodwin ram him into the ground in 2022 and he'll do it again this year with no Grundy to share the load.

In honour of BT and his love of history...

There is no sound of life, but the stillness of the catacomb, only as our footsteps fall dull on the deserted sidewalk, and a funeral troop of echoes bump their elfin heads against the dead walls and closed shutters in reply. ‘And this is Richmond,’ says a melancholy voice. ‘And this is Richmond.” He went on, “We are in the shadow of ruins. … The wreck, the loneliness, seem interminable.”

Goodwin ram him into the ground in 2022 and he'll do it again this year with no Grundy to share the load.

So the thing I was thinking in the game, you guys never seem to rest Gawn or even severely manage his minutes when games are over. I've always found it odd given his age and importance to the team. I don't even know who your backup ruck is.

So the thing I was thinking in the game, you guys never seem to rest Gawn or even severely manage his minutes when the game is over. I've always found it odd given his age and importance to the team. I don't even know who your backup ruck is.
I don't get it either. Goodwin has his good points but he also gets a lot of the simple things wrong.

There's a very promising young ruck at Casey but he's years off.

Biggest percentage victory this season against Richmond, but okay.
To put it into greater perspective... West Coast beat the Tigers by almost as much as Melbourne did.

Dees sit currently in fourth. They moved their percentage up to 126. Each team above them has a stronger percentage and the teams right below them are breathing down their necks.

You aren't going to get a better chance to try and ramp up the percentage than against a heavily depleted bottom of the table team. In the final run home these games will count.

1. Tassie are still a while away that now is a fine time to rebuild.
2. Borderline zero talent is just an incorrect take. There's been some promising signs from that demographic in a really challenging year for any continuity.
3. Talent on paper isn't what wins flags. You can secure a handful of stars and supplement it with good solid players who play a role and succeed.
Who are the next Richmond core in that 18-23 bracket?

So the thing I was thinking in the game, you guys never seem to rest Gawn or even severely manage his minutes when games are over. I've always found it odd given his age and importance to the team. I don't even know who your backup ruck is.

Your interest in Melbourne is intriguing and I wish to subscribe to your magazine...

Who are the next Richmond core in that 18-23 bracket?
Lacking potential stars in that bracket other than Gibcus, well some are too early to call yet, but that's what our next couple of drafts will be aimed at addressing with top picks.

Remember Bolton is only 25, Balta only 24, there's a lot who have shown signs of being good AFL players in that range.

Nowadays with FA and trades there's other ways to pick up ready made stars too.

We need to nail the next 2-3 drafts and trade periods definetely, but it doesnt need 10 years down the bottom of the ladder if you do it correctly.

The question isn't so much who's on the list now, the question is can we make the right decisions with what we have.

More important than any names On paper is how they are coached and the execution of the system. If top end young talent won flags GWS and Gold Coast would have won 3 flags by now and not Richmond over those recent years.

To put it into greater perspective... West Coast beat the Tigers by almost as much as Melbourne did.

Dees sit currently in fourth. They moved their percentage up to 126. Each team above them has a stronger percentage and the teams right below them are breathing down their necks.

You aren't going to get a better chance to try and ramp up the percentage than against a heavily depleted bottom of the table team. In the final run home these games will count.
It’s the biggest loss Richmond have had all year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lacking potential stars in that bracket other than Gibcus, well some are too early to call yet, but that's what our next couple of drafts will be aimed at addressing with top picks.

Remember Bolton is only 25, Balta only 24, there's a lot who have shown signs of being good AFL players in that range.

Nowadays with FA and trades there's other ways to pick up ready made stars too.

We need to nail the next 2-3 drafts and trade periods definetely, but it doesnt need 10 years down the bottom of the ladder if you do it correctly.

The question isn't so much who's on the list now, the question is can we make the right decisions with what we have.

More important than any names On paper is how they are coached and the execution of the system. If top end young talent won flags GWS and Gold Coast would have won 3 flags by now and not Richmond over those recent years.
Dow
Brown
Mansell
Campbell
M Rioli
Lefau
Above are all young players who have shown promise this season, we’ll be fine.

You were within a goal of St Kilda and Carlton and you beat Sydney
And our injury list has got progressively worse since. I’m convinced if we had a couple of targets up fwd like lynch and bolta we beat the saints and tonight is a lot closer, same amount of inside 50’s but we’re relying on a raw kiwi 5 games into his career.

Scythe94 honest question, do you think after tonights game that it was really uncalled for me to question Windsor's foot skills?

He was awful by foot tonight. Scrubbed about 4 kicks directly to Richmond.

Thankfully it wasn’t the blow out I expected. Melbourne are their own worst enemies. Oliver’s lack of a good pre season is showing. They have too many arrogant players riding on the coat tails of their stars. Fritsch is one of the most selfish players. Melbourne definitely lack something. I don’t know why they wanted to trade Grundy.

Scythe94 honest question, do you think after tonights game that it was really uncalled for me to question Windsor's foot skills?

He was awful by foot tonight. Scrubbed about 4 kicks directly to Richmond.
Salem should be running AusKick clinics for the whole Melbourne squad. They really butchered it until Richmond ran out of gas and stopped keeping up completely in the second half.

Back